Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up Essential Item for Legion: Aviana's Feather 2.0!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1x89kSgiug

Here is the wowhead link to it: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=139773/emerald-winds

You want to get to Sylvan Falls in Highmountain and complete the mini-game offered by Aviana and get all 10 green orbs. You will get the toy this way. It is best used in conjunction with Goblin Glider Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairii View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1x89kSgiug

Here is the wowhead link to it: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=139773/emerald-winds

You want to get to Sylvan Falls in Highmountain and complete the mini-game offered by Aviana and get all 10 green orbs. You will get the toy this way. It is best used in conjunction with Goblin Glider Kit.
    We want players to experience the game the way it was meant to be presented, so we disabled flight to facilitate that. But here's an item that let's you bypass stuff anyway, and sorta works like a lesser version of flight.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    We want players to experience the game the way it was meant to be presented, so we disabled flight to facilitate that. But here's an item that let's you bypass stuff anyway, and sorta works like a lesser version of flight.
    oh i thought you were gonna say flight master's whistle, which i think is better than feather in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    With a limited cooldown and limited range. It looks like it's barely better than a glider, if that. https://youtu.be/A2dIM_zuPpk?t=157

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Salt

/10chars
    A healthy dose of it, I won't lie. But also a healthy dose of critical thinking and objectivity. It just seems so strange that Blizzard takes a near schizophrenic approach to flying.

They've talked so much about wanting to present the game in a way that flying trumps, but then give us lots of tools to accomplish the same things flying does. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Salt

/10chars
    How is that salt?
    It's a direct and precise breakdown of Blizzard and their stupid round-about way of thinking that is detrimental.
    Factual and precise, but you call it salt.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    How is that salt?
    It's a direct and precise breakdown of Blizzard and their stupid round-about way of thinking that is detrimental.
    If you think flying is the same as what the toy gives, then you're either delusional or salty.

How is that salt?
    Flying allows you to hover a certain are indefinitely and continuously take a predetermined path

Feather means you have to find a high spot or use another item to launch you up in the air while you slowly glide ur way while losing altitude towards a target. and if i remember correctly has a cd even though u still have to find a high up place to reuse.

One is flying the other one is slow fall. Two very different things.

There is an item you get in Legion at some point which calls a flying mount to take you to the closest flight point. Can't remember what it is - but it has a fairly short cooldown (like 5 minutes or so). I suspect that's the best we'll get in the start - which is pretty nice.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is an item you get in Legion at some point which calls a flying mount to take you to the closest flight point. Can't remember what it is - but it has a fairly short cooldown (like 5 minutes or so). I suspect that's the best we'll get in the start - which is pretty nice.
    You get that at level 110 from khadgar in the beta atm. It does seem a bit iffy though.

Just it a lot of times atm, sometimes it takes me to the nearest FP even though I haven't used that one in ages. Other times it takes me to the last FP used, halfway across the zone.

I would not call this item "essential" rather than "situational." The Broken Isles, like Draenor, is designed so that players can reach areas that have secrets and treasures without the use of flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Flying allows you to hover a certain are indefinitely and continuously take a predetermined path

Feather means you have to find a high spot or use another item to launch you up in the air while you slowly glide ur way while losing altitude towards a target. and if i remember correctly has a cd even though u still have to find a high up place to reuse.

One is flying the other one is slow fall. Two very different things.
    This is true the item is really more analogous to slow fall than actual flight. I pretty much just use it to jump down places that would otherwise kill me. Unlike the woD feather it doesnt propel you way up into the air so its pretty useless unless you are already at a high point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    these items makes the game a bit less "straining" imo. Didnt know that one and im sure i'll hunt that item too

I love travelling the world but sometimes the time spent on road can be annoying

This isn't flying, it's just falling with style. (And by style, I mean clicking a button every 3 seconds so you don't die.)
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    This is true the item is really more analogous to slow fall than actual flight. I pretty much just use it to jump down places that would otherwise kill me. Unlike the woD feather it doesnt propel you way up into the air so its pretty useless unless you are already at a high point.
    I don't know if I'd agree with it being useless. There are a LOT of situations where a glider type effect will let you skip all kinds of annoyances on the ground. You don't necessarily need to start from an exceptionally high location to make good on it, either.

This is not even close to Aviana.
    This is essentially a glider.

15+ Year Old Account
    To some people above me: If this is anything like flying then priests and mages must count as well.

You are just gliding down with these. What do you do when you're not up high enough?

Deleted
    How is that salt?
    Salt everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. Looking forward to getting this.

I love treasure hunting.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I would not call this item "essential" rather than "situational." The Broken Isles, like Draenor, is designed so that players can reach areas that have secrets and treasures without the use of flying mounts.
    Ha ha ha! Treasures are absolutely garbage after max level... (heck they aren't worth much before then either). 20 AP? Laughable. At max level I don't even stop for them. I need 30,000 some odd AP for my 20th point... not playing jumping/glider games for 20 AP.

Whistle for skipping content at level 100+.

Gliders for skipping content at level 100+.

New aviana's feather-like item combined with gliders for powered flight at 100+.

But oh no.. we can't let you skip content you ALREADY experienced leveling at MAX level by enabling flight.

More so than every before this skipping content argument is bullshit.. having been farming WQs for several days now... I can tell you they are simply the SAME freaking quests we ALREADY did leveling. The exact SAME.

Mark my words N o Beta Club members... when you start farming them... you are going to be crying the blues about no flying. Spend 1 to 2 mins clearing a WQ... then 3-5 getting to your next location.