Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Then brain dead patients should be turned off from life support, right?
    Um they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegan meals can be filling and delicious. I have a fair few of them myself. However, I also like variety and new experiences and as such will continue to enjoy meat from time to time.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

dear OP and other vegans.

Maybe because we don't want veganism shoved down our throats by people like you. Maybe because people with peanut/hard fruit allergy (anything with a hard center, apples, peaches, etc etc) can't go vegan because of several reasons (something even vegan scientists (that still makes me chuckle) figured out).

So please, explain.

Oh and if the whole world went vegan, there wouldn't be enough space to accomodate all the farming, and food growing that is needed. Common known facts ftw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Um they are?
    No, they can be kept on life support indefinitely if thats in their living will.

10+ Year Old Account
    because I like meat
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there some studies that came out showing plants feel pain? Meaning vegans are cold blooded killers too! Although since the plant isn't cute or cuddly they won't give a shit. It's the same reason why so many vegans have no problem eating fish.

I fucking love meat. I'll eat it until I dislike it. If they make a synthetic meat that tastes just as good then I'd have no problem switching to it though. As long as the price isn't higher. I've tried many vegan dishes at vegan restaurants that my ex would force me to go to. Most of it was extremely unappetizing. Some was good like the soups and anything with lots of potatoes. But the main courses I had were all bad. Disgusting breadcrumb pizza for example. Pizza without meat isn't pizza in my book.

I consider plant life as sacred as animal life - ALL life is sacred.
    I find it extremely hypocritical that animal life is valued more highly than plant life.
    They both want to live, and both try to survive and defend themselves (e.g. cactus spikes show plants are aware of dangers and try to protect themselves).

Just because animals have cute eyes and can scream when killed their life is arbitrarily more important than the lives of plants and trees?!
    That is hypocrisy at it's worst...

Either accept that life on this planet is to be spent killing to survive...
    Or switch to 100% artificial food so NO life is ever harmed by your nutrition.
    But claiming that life forms with cute eyes and vocal cords are somehow more valuable is just... short sighted and ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Today I ate cow, pork and next I am going to eat chicken for dinner. I will eat an extra animal today to make up for your lack of manliness. I have some tender lil lamb cuts in my fridge I guess that'll do nicely. That will be 4 animals that had to die in order for me to live happily today, feels great

Never heard of a vegan getting butt blasted over honey before, that's a new level of being an overly sensitive pansy that I never even thought of.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

I love steaks, ribs, burgers, franks, and bacon.

There's no substitute.

The problem in question is "animal cruelty".

While you suggest an entire society going around the problem, I'd much rather people focused on solving it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    My diet is what is considered vegan. I haven't eaten meat in ages. Difference between the OP and I is I don't think myself superior or try to push how I eat onto others, nor do I tell people what to eat or why they should do X or Y.

OP isn't a vegan, he's a cunt.

Meat taste good.

I like meat, I grew up eating a lot of meat and/or fish, and I feel bad, when I add much green stuff to my meals.

The region where I was born and the one that I moved to later in my childhood aren't really suitable for agricultural needs. They're either deserts w/ camels and horses, or wonderful permafrost landscapes.

Veganism isn't an answer. Only people who live a comfortable life can see it as one. Many regions aren't suitable for growing crops/veggies, delivering greens is extremely expensive and said veggies are poor sources of micro- and macro-nutrients.

Because I don't feel like telling people how holy I am every waking moment.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    The taste is not the reason, I just want a healthy balanced diet.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-06-30 at 06:58 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I consider plant life as sacred as animal life - ALL life is sacred.
    I find it extremely hypocritical that animal life is valued more highly than plant life.
    They both want to live, and both try to survive and defend themselves (e.g. cactus spikes show plants are aware of dangers and try to protect themselves).

Just because animals have cute eyes and can scream when killed their life is arbitrarily more important than the lives of plants and trees?!
    That is hypocrisy at it's worst...

Either accept that life on this planet is to be spent killing to survive...
    Or switch to 100% artificial food so NO life is ever harmed by your nutrition.
    But claiming that life forms with cute eyes and vocal cords are somehow more valuable is just... short sighted and ignorant.
    Yup, this is exactly why I don't pay vegans any mind when they push their spiel on others.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    I see litteraly no gain in going vegan. Until that changes and the gain outweights my current situation I will consider going vegan.

I don't expect that happening in this lifetime doe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Wasn't there some studies that came out showing plants feel pain? Meaning vegans are cold blooded killers too! Although since the plant isn't cute or cuddly they won't give a shit.
    Yup. Vegos and vegans are torturing lettuces, slowly bit by bit pulling there body parts off.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got sharp teeth for a reason, i'd feel sad not putting them to use.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginantonicus View Post
    Yup. Vegos and vegans are torturing lettuces, slowly bit by bit pulling there body parts off.
    Wasn't there a scientific study that showed plants feel pain and "scream" to warn other plants when they are pulled out of the ground?

http://science.howstuffworks.com/lif...-feel-pain.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    /snip
    I am curious, what are your thoughts of Islamic Halal certification on meat products? Being the method of slaughter is one of the most inhumane in civilised society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Wasn't there some studies that came out showing plants feel pain? Meaning vegans are cold blooded killers too! Although since the plant isn't cute or cuddly they won't give a shit. It's the same reason why so many vegans have no problem eating fish.

I fucking love meat. I'll eat it until I dislike it. If they make a synthetic meat that tastes just as good then I'd have no problem switching to it though. As long as the price isn't higher. I've tried many vegan dishes at vegan restaurants that my ex would force me to go to. Most of it was extremely unappetizing. Some was good like the soups and anything with lots of potatoes. But the main courses I had were all bad. Disgusting breadcrumb pizza for example. Pizza without meat isn't pizza in my book.
    Yes not only that but harvesters and other agricultural machinery kill millions of animals from insects to small animals like rodents and rabbits.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.