I think the main reason everybody is sleeping on the Ravens this off-season is they were downright awful last year. There were tons of injuries to very important pieces, and we'll have to wait and see if they can return to form after recovering.

For reference, they lost QB1, RB1, RB3, WR1, WR2, WR4, WR6, WR7, TE1, TE3/4 (and Dennis Pitta, who hasn't returned for 2 years, but had been TE1), C1, LT1. That's only the offense! The defense suffered a couple important ones as well (mainly Suggs), and some important depth. I couldn't even remember all of them, I had to look at a list and then give rough guesstimates about depth chart.

If most of those (or their replacements this year) can perform up to standards, the Ravens could be a very dangerous team, but there are too many variables to definitively say they'll be good or not. This year's draft picks look promising. As a Ravens fan, I wouldn't be surprised going 12-4, nor would I be surprised going 4-12 this year, just depending on recoveries and all that good stuff.

Doug Baldwin signed a 4 year, 46 mill with 24.25 guaranteed extension. Guess it is a given Sanders will get around 12-13 mill per year at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Andrew Luck apparently signed his contract. Signed through 2021. Waiting for other details to come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 years $140mil with $87mil guaranteed

We will see if he gets back to being good or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

Back to being above average?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

So he could quit right now, buy the Colts, and make himself the starter anyway?

Not exactly sure how he gets 5-6 mill per year more than Matthew Stafford did last year when they are basically the same stat wise. Then again, Osweiler got about what Stafford makes so maybe it makes sense.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=ambivalence;41125125]I think the main reason everybody is sleeping on the Ravens this off

I'll root for the ravens when the Bengals are out in the postseason. Heck, I root for them when they play everyone, especially the Steelers. I've got no reason to hate the Ravens.

They'll be 10+ wins this year if their secondary can manage not getting torched (Aj Green Twice, Antonio Brown Twice, OBJ, Desean Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Josh Gordan twice--probably, and Brady's lackeys is a tough season for any secondary.) There hasn't been a time when Baltimore was bad twice in a row.

Might need to sign Anquan Boldin for security though since the Bengals love former Patriots named Brandon unconditionally (Seriously, I underwhelmed with Lafell and Tate should've been gone years ago).

Lol, Manziel just got suspended for 4 games. Seems a little pointless doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Lol, Manziel just got suspended for 4 games. Seems a little pointless doesn't it?
    It's just procedure, if he fails again he will suspended a year too, even though its extremely unlikely to play again anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp...time for Dallas to put up 50 points a game http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...l?sf30034661=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, at least the NFL didn't dump this news on a Friday before a long holiday week-end....

...they did it on Thursday this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Welp...time for Dallas to put up 50 points a game http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...l?sf30034661=1
    Good thing that offense will probably be able to, and the division is horrible.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just came to comfort Pendulous and Crissi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I just came to comfort Pendulous and Crissi
    Do that Oct. 9th Bigzo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearing a lot of stuff about this Cardinals documentary coming out on Amazon. Might have to give it a watch... you know for research purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Do that Oct. 9th Bigzo.
    We already have our bets down!

Chibiusa will make a return I know it!

Half temped too see the Chargers stadium tomorrow to see how bad it is. San Diego is a pretty city and Balboa park rocks

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be at crappy Qualcomm when the Saints are in town, hope it doesn't collapse.

10+ Year Old Account
    McClain being suspended actually surprised people? Am more surprised a team took a shot at him when he got released from Oakland.