Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    It's the plan this time.
    Can't wait!

continuing to mess about with the character pane, playing with the scene animations from the garrison UI:

this is UNFINISHED and IN_PROGRESS but I'm getting a bunch of PMs from people who want to start experimenting with it already so:

https://github.com/obble/lovelyui

you need to install oUF separately for now — currently legion beta only for obvious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Minerv View Post
    Yes and thank you! i.imgur.com/FiA9CdU.png here you go.

Also kinda OT to quotes, the original Wrath UI was based off one of Led++'s UI's back then, so i'd like to give him a shoutout and thx for everything awesome he's done aswell .
    You are awesome sir, thanks very much!

Deleted
    I think that in each expansion we have had new trends in UIs. We have the overall trends like cluttered to functional to minimalistic, to flashy-ish?, and also placement of player/target frames and such. So, what do you think will be legions trend for the general public?

dropping the player unitframe in favour of the new nameplate/hud

art with too much monster energy drink green

(personal ambition) asymmetrical layouts

Finally finished the Buff frame. Now I just need to play around with the position of it ... we will see.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...916_193113.jpg
    oh, honey.

Finally finished the Buff frame. Now I just need to play around with the position of it ... we will see.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...916_193113.jpg
    this may actually get me to move away from elv.

can/will you add boss mods into it eventually? purdyplease
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    this may actually get me to move away from elv.

can/will you add boss mods into it eventually? purdyplease
    Since I try to find a raid group again ... yes. Just have to look how easy BigWigs is skinnable.
    oh, honey.

and youre using BWs too. just keeps getting better
    Science the shit out of it!

Deleted
    imgur.com/a/91s6J

can someone tell me what the hell is wrong with elvui raid frames ? :P (cant post linkes yet)

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    *Snip*
    I love your character frame.. any change of that being a standalone AddOn? or you gonna redo the whole "basic" UI?

Deleted
    I complete agree with you modernist, am happy blizzard are stepping up. I would very much like to see a asymmetrical layout which is really functional and compact. I personally feel like there is so much information that you want to include and it ends up being a mess :s

10+ Year Old Account
    (personal ambition) asymmetrical layouts
    I think if the action cam becomes popular (outside of raiding, at least), asymmetrical layouts may well also become popular.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    Bothers me a little that names on unitframes are not centered. Looks odd they're starting outside.

- - - Updated - - -

After a few more tweaks, my UI now looks like this

i.imgur.com/mdHSicH.jpg i.imgur.com/mdHSicHm.jpg
    Would you mind sharing this?
    Last edited by mmoc82e5824bcc; 2016-06-29 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I love your character frame.. any change of that being a standalone AddOn? or you gonna redo the whole "basic" UI?
    I'm currently writing a supporting structure that should mean i can style other panels and elements of the UI relatively quickly, a bit like a bootstrap framework i guess. stuff like how scrollbars work across all frames:

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I think if the action cam becomes popular (outside of raiding, at least), asymmetrical layouts may well also become popular.
    yeah. i briefly flirted with parenting all other ui elements to my player nameplate when it shows — because as it naturally "moves" around and follows the player (you can see it offset to the left in lyns screenshot) everything else would follow with that kind of tracking that makes it feel like a hud rather than a static ui, sort of like how the overwatch ui gently bumps around as you move
    Last edited by modernist; 2016-06-29 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    this is UNFINISHED and IN_PROGRESS but I'm getting a bunch of PMs from people who want to start experimenting with it already so:

https://github.com/obble/lovelyui
    Thanks for this Obble! Time to pillage for cool things.

Out of combat:

In combat:
    Last edited by Exerionx; 2016-06-30 at 03:18 AM.

I'm currently writing a supporting structure that should mean i can style other panels and elements of the UI relatively quickly, a bit like a bootstrap framework i guess. stuff like how scrollbars work across all frames:

<3

yeah. i briefly flirted with parenting all other ui elements to my player nameplate when it shows — because as it naturally "moves" around and follows the player (you can see it offset to the left in lyns screenshot) everything else would follow with that kind of tracking that makes it feel like a hud rather than a static ui, sort of like how the overwatch ui gently bumps around as you move
    I hope you can change the angle of the action camera ... if you activate it at the moment, it's aligned right to the character, so all left aligned UIs will overlap the character. You can see that a bit in my last screenshots. I mean it's awesome, I love to play with it .. but yeah ... would love to move it.
    oh, honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you can change the angle of the action camera ... if you activate it at the moment, it's aligned right to the character, so all left aligned UIs will overlap the character.
    That's intentional though, as action games often move the character off-center to the left, so that you have dramatic framing to the right, of the environment and monsters. Or somesuch. The action cam is trying to simulate that. That's why I felt that if using that camera style becomes popular, asymmetrical UIs, accounting for that off-centeredness, might become popular.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

That's intentional though, as action games often move the character off-center to the left, so that you have dramatic framing to the right, of the environment and monsters. Or somesuch. The action cam is trying to simulate that. That's why I felt that if using that camera style becomes popular, asymmetrical UIs, accounting for that off-centeredness, might become popular.
    Yes. I, for example, had a lot of fun with my UI and the action cam.
    oh, honey.