Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Any solid news on pre patch?

Hi All!

As subject, has anything been leaked/confirmed in a half assed fashion in regards to the pre patch? obviously we're 8/9 weeks away now and I was actually anticipating this in June (which I'm obviously now wrong about).

Predicting mid July? end July?

I've resorted to farming achievements again, I need some new content...

Halp!

thanks in advance

/trollolololololololololol

The assumed date is the 19th of July, which is probably about right based on how the PTR is going currently.
    Bleh

Nothing reliable. This one reddit source says july 19th, but it's no official statement. I guess we get the end of the PvP season announcement with the PvP Q&A this week though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    The assumed date is the 19th of July, which is probably about right based on how the PTR is going currently.
    Pretty much this.

The timing of the PTR Launch and the Legion Release are pretty good indicators. So 19th is probably the best guess.

The 19th looks to be a pretty good guess. I don't see it being the 12th, since most of the Blizzard staff will probably be off next week for the 4th of July vacations. The 26th is probably the next reasonable date, given it would still give 30 days until launch. Anything in Aug would be concerning, as that seems to be cutting it a bit close and would make me think there are tech problems they are having trouble resolving.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-27 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    The 19th looks to be a pretty good guess. I don't see it being the 12th, since most of the Blizzard staff will probably be off next week for the 4th of July vacations. The 26th is probably the next reasonable date, given it would still give 30 days until launch. Anything in Aug would be concerning, as that seems to be cutting it a bit close and would make me think there are tech problems they are having trouble resolving.
    The problem with the 26th is how they said they plan on staggering the demon invasions, It sounds like that alone is going to be 3-4 weeks before it's even fully active, at that point it'll give a week before Legion.
    Bleh

The problem with the 26th is how they said they plan on staggering the demon invasions, It sounds like that alone is going to be 3-4 weeks before it's even fully active, at that point it'll give a week before Legion.
    I imagine if it gets down to "it doesn't work we need to delay a week" and possibly cutting the pre-invasion a little shorter than they wanted over having a hot mess on the 19th . I'm hoping they'll choose to delay it a week. I don't think it would be that horrible if we enter into the invasion at week 2, instead of week 1. Or if they skip week 2's ramp up and go week 1 to week 3.

If they had to skip 2 weeks of invasion spin up, that would be a bigger issue, but even then not the end of the world(pun intended). I'm not sure that many people are going to be interested in 6 weeks of demons gone wild in Stormwind\Org. Only the Wrath invasion griefers are getting all excited thinking about it.

I imagine if it gets down to "it doesn't work we need to delay a week" and possibly cutting the pre-invasion a little shorter than they wanted over having a hot mess on the 19th . I'm hoping they'll choose to delay it a week. I don't think it would be that horrible if we enter into the invasion at week 2, instead of week 1. Or if they skip week 2's ramp up and go week 1 to week 3.

If they had to skip 2 weeks of invasion spin up, that would be a bigger issue, but even then not the end of the world(pun intended). I'm not sure that many people are going to be interested in 6 weeks of demons gone wild in Stormwind\Org. Only the Wrath invasion griefers are getting all excited thinking about it.
    I'm already having awful flashbacks of the wotlk launch event just reading about it. I'm hoping it's nothing like that, I hated even logging in during that
    Bleh

I'm already having awful flashbacks of the wotlk launch event just reading about it. I'm hoping it's nothing like that, I hated even logging in during that
    It's not too bad (yet) on the PTR. I got converted once, but became free when I was beaten to half health. I see other folks getting killed, so I'm not sure if that's a bug or intended. If intended, I'll probably do enough to get my achievements and then park my ass in my garrison.

It's not too bad (yet) on the PTR. I got converted once, but became free when I was beaten to half health. I see other folks getting killed, so I'm not sure if that's a bug or intended. If intended, I'll probably do enough to get my achievements and then park my ass in my garrison.
    If it wokrs like similar raid/dungeon mechanics, it's that the incoming damage when they hit the revert threshold was enough to kill them.

That was always a fun time in raids on farm, seeing if you can kill your fellow mind controlled player.

I still have my set from Wrath event!

Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    If it wokrs like similar raid/dungeon mechanics, it's that the incoming damage when they hit the revert threshold was enough to kill them.

That was always a fun time in raids on farm, seeing if you can kill your fellow mind controlled player.
    That's what I was expecting to be the case. And yes, In raids it is fun to kill your guild mates. I imagine there will be those troll that blows all cooldowns when they see someone converted and least it's not CRZ cities like Ironforge.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been planning everything around it dropping July 9th. If it's a week later, I'd be ok with that. Any longer and it's no bueno
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    ^So much this, I was levelling my first manual levelled character at this point and I couldn't work out why I was repeatedly getting smashed over and over again by zombies, I ragequit the game a few times

cheers for the replies btw

I don't think people are taking a week off for the 4th of july during crunch time. Honestly even if it wasn't crunch time, who takes a week off for july 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I don't think people are taking a week off for the 4th of july during crunch time. Honestly even if it wasn't crunch time, who takes a week off for july 4th?
    Americans? I have no idea how their structure works, I just assume that they planned out their releases based on Holidays and expected vacations. Depeneds how that company views the 4th. Some see it on par with Christmas, others don't care about it at all. Depends if they consider themselves behind. So my guess is that next week is a semi dead week at Blizzard.

For a fair number of people, Monday is a Holiday, so you only spend 4 days of vacation time to get 9 days off, Pigeon Forge TN is a popular tourist place on and it's packed Fourth of July week, because that's when families take vacations in the region

That also ties in to some companies that shutdown for the week of 4th of July, when my Mom worked Fruit of the Loom, they closed the plant on 4th of July week, If you are a husband and wife team, guess when the Husband is most likely going to take vacation?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-30 at 11:36 AM.

Americans? I have no idea how their structure works, I just assume that they planned out their releases based on Holidays and expected vacations. Depeneds how that company views the 4th. Some see it on par with Christmas, others don't care about it at all. Depends if they consider themselves behind. So my guess is that next week is a semi dead week at Blizzard.

For a fair number of people, Monday is a Holiday, so you only spend 4 days of vacation time to get 9 days off, Pigeon Forge TN is a popular tourist place on and it's packed Fourth of July week, because that's when families take vacations in the region

That also ties in to some companies that shutdown for the week of 4th of July, when my Mom worked Fruit of the Loom, they closed the plant on 4th of July week, If you are a husband and wife team, guess when the Husband is most likely going to take vacation?
    "Americans" get the day off (the 4th) and maybe early end to workday on the Friday before the holiday if it coincides with the weekend. Nothing more than that is considered to be standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...in this week's edition of, "Are the Devs Even Fucking Playing This Game?"
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Paxz19 View Post
    "Americans" get the day off (the 4th) and maybe early end to workday on the Friday before the holiday if it coincides with the weekend. Nothing more than that is considered to be standard.
    I was answering the question of "Honestly even if it wasn't crunch time, who takes a week off for july 4th?" I don't have hard numbers, maybe Triple AAA has something, but I'd say a sizable chunk takes the week off. Definately enough, that it shouldn't be a surprise

I was answering the question of "Honestly even if it wasn't crunch time, who takes a week off for july 4th?" I don't have hard numbers, maybe Triple AAA has something, but I'd say a sizable chunk takes the week off. Definately enough, that it shouldn't be a surprise
    Nobody in the corporate world takes a week off for Fourth of July, especially when they are rolling out a product in the next coming weeks. Maybe for Christmas or another major holiday but the 4th of july is one day that at most denotes a three day weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...in this week's edition of, "Are the Devs Even Fucking Playing This Game?"
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

Yeah I havent heard of anyone getting a week off here for July 4th. At most I know a few who get the friday before it off and the monday off, not a week though.