Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Remove LFR : FatBoss point of view

Fatboss posted a video about LFR.

I strongly agree with them, yesterday I killed Archimonde with my 670 mage and it didn't feel like killing the last boss of the expansion.

LFR isn't mandatory anymore because Normal mode does everything LFR is supposed to do in a better way.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm about half way through the video. I agree with most of what they said, however the elitist mentality that I find in group finder gives me pause (asking for ilevel 715+ for normal upper HFC). Essentially, I think that LFR in its' current incarnation has outlived its' usefulness -it certainly does little to teach people about communication and 'how to raid'. Thumbs up to the boys from me.

Deleted
    Hardcore raiders think LFR shouldn't excist. In other news, Is water wet? More at 6.

EDIT: I thought there was already a "LFR" thread going on? Why does this need a new one because some hardcore raiders made a video?
    Last edited by mmoc3711817e2e; 2016-06-30 at 09:18 AM.

Don't like it ? Don't do it.

Deleted
    I agree with them 100%

Too bad it'll never happen, as the LFR crowd would riot if it's was removed, and Blizzard is too scared to lose their subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPenguin View Post
    I agree with them 100%

Too bad it'll never happen, as the LFR crowd would riot if it's was removed, and Blizzard is too scared to lose their subs.
    I know right?!? Removing something that people enjoy. How dare they!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Hardcore raiders think LFR shouldn't excist. In other news, Is water wet? More at 6.

EDIT: I thought there was already a "LFR" thread going on? Why does this need a new one because some hardcore raiders made a video?
    Actually, I think these guys make some interesting points about why it isn't useful. They also made some sound suggestions at one point as to how normal mode could be improved to make it a better learning experience. Personally, my view is 'don't like it, don't do it' but having seen obscene ilevel requirements in Group Finder and very few guilds actually fielding teams for some content at the moment LFR is almost mandatory if you want to get your legendary ring (on my 4th alt now and I struggle to find groups outside LFR)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalsen View Post
    LFR isn't mandatory anymore
    What is the problem then?

It's not going anywhere. People need to realize this, and stop wasting their time on a fruitless endeavor asking for it to be removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Actually, I think these guys make some interesting points about why it isn't useful. They also made some sound suggestions at one point as to how normal mode could be improved to make it a better learning experience. Personally, my view is 'don't like it, don't do it' but having seen obscene ilevel requirements in Group Finder and very few guilds actually fielding teams for some content at the moment LFR is almost mandatory if you want to get your legendary ring (on my 4th alt now and I struggle to find groups outside LFR)
    You missed the point. There is a LFR thread, very active already, why is a new one needed? Because someone made a video?

EDIT: I am not discussing what the video contains but the stupid reason for making another.
    Last edited by mmoc3711817e2e; 2016-06-30 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalsen View Post
    I strongly agree with them, yesterday I killed Archimonde with my 670 mage and it didn't feel like killing the last boss of the expansion.
    Good.

I don't want people who've done the very minimal of anything to feel like they've accomplished something.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It's not going anywhere. People need to realize this, and stop wasting their time on a fruitless endeavor asking for it to be removed.
    No, they're just a few threads away from changing the devs' minds, just have to keep at it! /sarcasm

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    You missed the point. There is a LFR thread, very active already, why is a new one needed? Because someone made a video?

EDIT: I am not discussing what the video contains but the stupid reason for making another.
    I was coming from the point of view of the contents of the video rather than commenting on my opinion of LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I was coming from the point of view of the contents of the video rather than commenting on my opinion of LFR.
    I am not sure why you are even quoting me if you want to discuss the video. Read what you quoted. I will say it again but in a different way. I don't give two fucks about the LFR argument. I don't give two fucks what the opinion of two hardcore raiders is. I only care about the flaw that a new thread is started about a topic that has a thread that already exists and still active.

Why do I not care? I am a mythic raider. LFR is not targeted for me!

Their most compelling point is really that it's a terrible experience for a new player of the game tbh. It's also completely useless as a stepping stone to get into raiding because you go from an environment that could probably be 5-8 manned to a place where mechanics actually punish you and you're required to at least have half a clue what you're doing.

That being said, there's no going back at this point i don't think.

Completely true video. LFR, which is anti-social and requires no thinking at all has no place in MMO, it offers nothing of value. And yet they backed down and gave tier sets AGAIN to LFR, wtf?

Deleted
    You still need lfr gear to even be allowed to do normal raids

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    You still need lfr gear to even be allowed to do normal raids
    Lfr drops gear that is lower ilvl then 5 man and world content, so thats not accurate.

Help me understand this. Why do people who dont do lfr, want it removed? You don't do it because it's not for you, so why does it bother you, how exactly is it affecting you? I dont raid mythic, in fact only about 1% of the playerbase does, so why not remove that useless waste of resources that nobody gives a crap about?

Lfr still exists because it gives casual players the oportunity to experience raids to some degree. I don't do lfr ever, i give 0 shits about it, so why the f would i want it removed? There's literally no reason for me to want it gone because it doesnt affect me in any way, shape, or form.

I'm so tired of all these self entitled elitist wanting something that doesn't affect them gone just because they dont like it. Find something better to do with your spare time you sad, pathetic nerds.

I reject their premise. To me at least, LFR has nothing to do with preparing anyone for higher difficulties - it's purely convenience in terms of farming mats for a legendary quest line on alts and maybe getting a bit of gear. Perhaps I can't put myself into the shoes of a new player because I've been playing this game for too long, but I really have a hard time seeing any drawbacks at all with LFR. If you don't want to do it, don't do it. Simple.