Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't think gold medals count in placement matches. Would be a really stupid system as you have certain heroes that are dead easy to get those with. Like Soldier, mei and reinheart. Others are quite hard to get medals with as they don't deal much damage but bring utility.

Just posted my experience on the other thread, summirizing it up here.

7 matches, 7 losses. All steamrolled short games. Always (literally) missing tank/healer/both until i picked one, only expection some Lucios around. Levels all over the place (yeah i know they don't count for shit), my team constantly in the 30-50 bracket (fine) while all other team 75+ - i expected a much more mixup.

Anyway, clearly it was obvious other team were extremely coordinated (with ultis and so on) while my team way ALWAYS about loners running trying to score kills and never tried to flank/backdoor a single time.

I really don't know. I don't give much importance to rating and everything, i just wanted to try. I'm not good, i expected to be paired with not good people on both teams.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Don't tell me I'm the only one that is soloQing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Don't tell me I'm the only one that is soloQing.
    Since none of my friends is neither interested in ranked play.. or is simply too low level, I've done all my placement matches as solo-Q.

This is my situation so far:

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Since none of my friends is neither interested in ranked play.. or is simply too low level, I've done all my placement matches as solo-Q.

This is my situation so far:
    Not that bad.
    I'm live on twitch right now, last match inc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know what the icons under chosen hero means on character selection? I was doing my second match and it showed a white/gold icon under my hero and the rest had that purple/black one with a line in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    They don't allow you to group queue if your rating is too far apart. So if you solo queue and your friend wins all games, but you lose all games...You just can't play with your friend. That would be idiotic.
    The skill point difference needs to be more than 50, it's like technically impossible at the moment Highest rated players are just hitting 80 today, meaning they can still play with rank 30's, which there aren't many..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Just posted my experience on the other thread, summirizing it up here.

7 matches, 7 losses. All steamrolled short games. Always (literally) missing tank/healer/both until i picked one, only expection some Lucios around. Levels all over the place (yeah i know they don't count for shit), my team constantly in the 30-50 bracket (fine) while all other team 75+ - i expected a much more mixup.

Anyway, clearly it was obvious other team were extremely coordinated (with ultis and so on) while my team way ALWAYS about loners running trying to score kills and never tried to flank/backdoor a single time.

I really don't know. I don't give much importance to rating and everything, i just wanted to try. I'm not good, i expected to be paired with not good people on both teams.
    It only takes 1 or 2 coordinated people on 1 team to steam roll the other.
    1 good zarya + a dmg ult can team kill you and lose you the game instantly when you are not coordinated.
    People not picking tanks and healers will be there for always be there because people in general are selfish pricks that only want to play what they like - fuck the team.

I was playing a premade for 4 people last night and we ONLY ran into other 4 people groups + 2 randoms or 4 premade + 2 premade on both sides.
    This has been the most balanced experience I have had in any ranked game so far.

Yes we got stomped and we also stomped people but thats because some people are just better.
    We had a pharah in the other team with 2 pocket healers that just destroyed our team (she played 80 out of her 100 hours on pharah alone).
    Things happen .

Am not done yet with the first 10 matches but have had the white and golden icon since forever now.
    First half went pretty damn well, now I've played 3 more and I can add 3 more losses to my page.
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Doesn't the white and gold icon just mean you're placing? It's only visible to the player.
    The white/gold icon means you're top 500, but it's currently bugged
    https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/st...674624?lang=en

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/AXz3XWu

Finished 8-2, fairly solid. Although it should have been 9-1 but I was forced to throw a match which was going to cut into my lunch break at work, I really wasn't aware some matches could go 30 mins+

Overall I'm enjoying competitive, they really need to fix certain game times from not giving the right points though!

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/p...HardNmity-2954
    If anybody's interested in dem numbers.

Always grouped with people that have no clue what counters are.
    Or let pharahs freefire.

9-1 placement. Scored 67. 2 of the games had a whole team rage quit. Once it was on my team, the other one was the enemy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    9-1 placement. Scored 67. 2 of the games had a whole team rage quit. Once it was on my team, the other one was the enemy.
    Can ya link your profile Just interested as I had 8-2 and landed on 55, want to see the differences in score etc. Blizzard claims the win/loss is the ONLY deciding factor, but it's obviously not

Well, what I really hate about it is that it seems maps have a set amount of points loss/gain, and your own performance, time played and points scored by the team don't matter at all. Just had a steamroll win, winning attack very fast and not losing the first point and I got a whole skill point for it. Then I had a very tight game that ended up with sudden death, eventually lost it... and lost exactly the same amount of points. This is stupid, tight games should have higher reward for winning, but barely any penalty for losing. As it is, there really is no point trying to win a seemingly lost game, since you'll lose the same if you go 3:0 or lose sudden death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Rank 58, guess thats quite shite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rank 58, guess thats quite shite.
    1 is the lowest, 100 is the highest. Average is at ~51. So no

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Can ya link your profile Just interested as I had 8-2 and landed on 55, want to see the differences in score etc. Blizzard claims the win/loss is the ONLY deciding factor, but it's obviously not
    W/L is the factor determining if you're going to win or lose competitive points.

But a lot of factors are taken into account to say how much you will lose/win.

If you lose and you sucked against lower skilled players, you'll lose a lot.
    If you lose while playing great against higher skilled players, you won't lose much.

Etc etc... But it seems you won't win point if you killed 3 billion people in one game but still lose. Losing is losing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    W/L is the factor determining if you're going to win or lose competitive points.

But a lot of factors are taken into account to say how much you will lose/win.

If you lose and you sucked against lower skilled players, you'll lose a lot.
    If you lose while playing great against higher skilled players, you won't lose much.

Etc etc... But it seems you won't win point if you killed 3 billion people in one game but still lose. Losing is losing.
    I swear Jeff said it was strictly win/loss, I'll see if I can find it when I'm done work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    I swear Jeff said it was strictly win/loss, I'll see if I can find it when I'm done work
    I think he said its Mostly win or lose but your personal objectives do count.. but only a tiny bit or something.
    Im looking for the notes at the moment!

Me and a mate did the 10 placement matches togethter.
    I played mostly healer/tank and he played mostly healer/dps.
    He got ranked 2 ranks higher then I did.

So there must be a personal "how well you did" thing in there.
    Last edited by mmoc8b9477f07c; 2016-06-30 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    1 is the lowest, 100 is the highest. Average is at ~51. So no
    Wish ranking would be done by personal statistics.