Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    And? This example is plain stupid since you can roll a +5 upgrade with just the first dice hitting the 6. I don't need to roll all 8 sixes for upgrades!
    If you are running dungeons beneath your gearing... i.e. decked in Heroic/LFR gear... running a normal... a +5 would not be an upgrade... neither would a +15... or even a +20.

But hey... no matter what the % chance is... if it makes you salivate for running normals or other content you outgear... by all means... have all the fun that brings you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    If you are running dungeons beneath your gearing... i.e. decked in Heroic/LFR gear... running a normal... a +5 would not be an upgrade... neither would a +15... or even a +20.

But hey... no matter what the % chance is... if it makes you salivate for running normals or other content you outgear... by all means... have all the fun that brings you.
    Are you stupid on purpose?

+5 is ALWAYS an upgrade to the item! Maybe not to the player, but that's not what the system is for, is it? It doesn't roll a +5 on the iLevel Stat the player has but on the item!

So the chance to upgrade the item need to be high enough for it to happen to people while the content is still relevant for them.
    The lower upgrades (+5 up to +20) need to happen to people while they are doing the content while their item level is approriate to the content, if you outgear the content upgrades are fucking rare regardless of the initial chance.

Provide Upgrades to people while the upgrades are relevant and have the slight chances of upgrades for people who help other people do low-ilevel content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Are you stupid on purpose?

+5 is ALWAYS an upgrade to the item! Maybe not to the player, but that's not what the system is for, is it? It doesn't roll a +5 on the iLevel Stat the player has but on the item!

So the chance to upgrade the item need to be high enough for it to happen to people while the content is still relevant for them.
    The lower upgrades (+5 up to +20) need to happen to people while they are doing the content while their item level is approriate to the content, if you outgear the content upgrades are fucking rare regardless of the initial chance.

Provide Upgrades to people while the upgrades are relevant and have the slight chances of upgrades for people who help other people do low-ilevel content.

I can overlook your ignorance, because you obviously haven't read the thread to understand the context. (Why do people do that?) As a potential way to get "better" gear than you expect in an instance... it's great. I have iLevel 790 equipped.. running a dungeon with iLevel 810 gear dropping and I get an iLevel 815 item... Woot! A bonus!

But... Blizzard is spinning this as a motivation for people already overgearing an area/instance to return.. either to help others through, or to give meaning to grindy activity. Because you "may" get a Mythic raid quality item. It is not that... in any way, shape, or form. I am iLevel 840, and run that same instance that drops iLevel 810. It HAS to proc the +5 rolls SEVEN time before it's an upgrade... SIX times to MAYBE get a better stat selection/distribution sidegrade.

The chances of that are so low, it is NOT a motivation... there will be no bonus.

Point in case... just last night I was running Heroic dungeons and got a titan forged 875 item... Sweet! I beat some pretty high odds and got that. But even after SEEING it's possible.. I am not going to be running normals thinking... TODAY IS MY DAY!

Why? Because I have a MUCH better chance of doing content that is at or above my level for upgrades, than the infinitesimal chance of anything lower. THe Blizzard spin is bad... they shoul djust say.. "Hey guys.. in order to make loot more exciting, when you are running your content there is a small chance to get even better loot than expected... and you might even get a HUGE upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I can overlook your ignorance, because you obviously haven't read the thread to understand the context. (Why do people do that?) As a potential way to get "better" gear than you expect in an instance... it's great. I have iLevel 790 equipped.. running a dungeon with iLevel 810 gear dropping and I get an iLevel 815 item... Woot! A bonus!

But... Blizzard is spinning this as a motivation for people already overgearing an area/instance to return.. either to help others through, or to give meaning to grindy activity. Because you "may" get a Mythic raid quality item. It is not that... in any way, shape, or form. I am iLevel 840, and run that same instance that drops iLevel 810. It HAS to proc the +5 rolls SEVEN time before it's an upgrade... SIX times to MAYBE get a better stat selection/distribution sidegrade.

The chances of that are so low, it is NOT a motivation... there will be no bonus.

Point in case... just last night I was running Heroic dungeons and got a titan forged 875 item... Sweet! I beat some pretty high odds and got that. But even after SEEING it's possible.. I am not going to be running normals thinking... TODAY IS MY DAY!

Why? Because I have a MUCH better chance of doing content that is at or above my level for upgrades, than the infinitesimal chance of anything lower. THe Blizzard spin is bad... they shoul djust say.. "Hey guys.. in order to make loot more exciting, when you are running your content there is a small chance to get even better loot than expected... and you might even get a HUGE upgrade.
    I read the thread, sorry I don't keep 4 pages of context in my mind...
    Blizzard doesn't spin it that way, they state that the chance of an upgrade from outgeared content is slime to non-existent! And you with your stupid/ignorant 3% chance idea just make it look like it's not even an upgrade for people who are running content relevant for them!

3% for a +5 is laughable, if they put time into such a system they don't know how to develop a fucking worthwhile system! So the upgrades to people who are doing content relevant to them NEED TO BE QUITE COMMON, otherwise the system wasn't worth the development time!

Well you would be retarded to think that a drop from heroic had ANY influence on normal... And people KNOW it's a fucking random chance, so only people who are to stupid to understand the word random will think normal will provide consistent upgrades!

That's exactly the way they spun it, you morron.

I quote AGAIN:
    And so, in Legion, even if you're a raider, if your friend is looking for someone to queue Heroic dungeons, you have an extra motivation to volunteer aside from pure altruism. You probably won't get an upgrade. But you might. Anything could happen.
    THEY SAY YOU PROBABLY WILL NOT GET AN UPGRADE, BUT IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET ONE!

So much anger. Bear in mind this post was made before Watcher's blue post. And I agree that they have backtracked on their spin a little more by stating "yeah... you're probably not going to get an upgrade."

So apparently Watcher supports my viewpoint on Titanforging.

As far as 3%.. I never said it was for fact 3%... I used that as a more likely setting than the "50%" example Watcher himself used and even stated "CLEARLY it's not that high."

I have no intentions of running any content that is not an upgrade opportunity... and most people will carry undergeared peeps in Heroic than run normal. Titanforge is in no way, to ME, a motivational factor at all... not to run lower level content.. or even in progression content.

It is purely only a "neat" factor. It is not an "extra motivation" as they state. I'll run with a friend because he is my friend.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2016-06-30 at 12:58 PM.