Poll: How do you feel about "Hidden" Artifact abilities?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    I like them, but they need to be cosmetic or have little impact on actual game play. The fact that MM hunters get a speed buff, or fury warriors basically having a soulstone is just lame.

Meanwhile ele shamans just dont have to fight air elementals in stormheim for 1 quest chain.

I thought it was really cool when I did the quest chain and the air elemental actually said dang nice weapon, you can pass.

But when you legit just get a rez... thats OP

- - - Updated - - -

this.......
    That's actually super cool. I'd love if for the rest of the game elementals just ignored Shaman and became yellow mobs. Maybe beasts will be yellow mobs for Druids too. Low-level Demons will have a fear and cower effect when they get close to Demon Hunters and Warlocks (demons that are like 5 levels below yours). Undead ignore DKs. That'd be so awesome to see. Turning mobs non-hostile wouldn't break the game, would just save you from being dazed off your mount.

I feel its the same as Hidden Passives: they punish new players, they punish players who don't constantly google "what am I not being told by blizzard", and punish those who googled the last thing and got conspiracy theory posts about the Activendilluminati.

Seriously though, it's one of the few things about Legion I am honestly disappointed in Blizzard for alongside the new character sheet. (By the way, the character sheet in Diablo 3 is massive and lists every tiny thing you could ever want to know.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I feel its the same as Hidden Passives: they punish new players, they punish players who don't constantly google "what am I not being told by blizzard", and punish those who googled the last thing and got conspiracy theory posts about the Activendilluminati.
    Punish? How do they punish anybody? Half of them you can't really miss if you try.

Quote Originally Posted by CParker1987 View Post
    Anyone know what the MW Monk staff does?
    I'm interested in this, as well.

Seriously though, it's one of the few things about Legion I am honestly disappointed in Blizzard for alongside the new character sheet. (By the way, the character sheet in Diablo 3 is massive and lists every tiny thing you could ever want to know.)
    None of them that we've sen so far are gamebreaking or in your control, so you don't need to know about them, if they do happen it's cool.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I could've sworn they said they are letting you have an option to use an advanced character sheet via the in-game menu. I think I remember them saying they wanted it to be simple by default, but will leave the option open for players who want to "look under the hood" as they said.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I could've sworn they said they are letting you have an option to use an advanced character sheet via the in-game menu. I think I remember them saying they wanted it to be simple by default, but will leave the option open for players who want to "look under the hood" as they said.
    Nope, they specifically stated they would not be making an advanced info character sheet. You will need an addon to restore old functionality
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkcrap View Post
    I think people need to realize though that it only works in world content. Not raids, not PvP, not dungeons etc. It's just extra flavor while your questing. Honestly I think this is gonna be awesome whilst playing through the world quests system and suramar city.
    In PreachGamings video about fury warriors I saw him getting brought back to life by his hidden artifact spell during a dungeon. But perhaps Blizzard changed this?

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's kinda cool. The first MMO I really got in to was FFXI. In that game the only thing you could really see were your main stats (STR,DEX,VIT,INT,MND,CHR). There were all sorts of other stats and things that affected your success with spells, accuracy, crit, crafting, etc. Even the element present in the mob you were fighting affected how strong your spells were against it.

I miss that kind of RPGish shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I'm interested in this, as well.
    No one seems to know lol... how sad that the MW community is all but non-existant

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I think they're great.
    Me too. This is fun and interesting, even if we find about it on the web.

I don't agree with those who are always complaining about anything and everything.

None of these are game-breaking and Blizz can balance around the hidden abilities.

Bring some fun back to the game.

Having hidden stuff is fun. Not everything should just be spelled out.

Also most of the stuff isn't a huge deal, just some extra flavor so I'm not sure that it's this huge advantage you are making it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised. Players already complaining about passives when they already ignore more than half of procs during combat.

Its cool, but if you can use it on raid, i dont know if that would be good, some characters will be like "must have" that artifact skin for some encounters

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriaan View Post
    Its cool, but if you can use it on raid, i dont know if that would be good, some characters will be like "must have" that artifact skin for some encounters
    How would that ever be the case. The argument for the most powerful one is the warrior one which resurrects you. The thing is it only resurrects you for 8 seconds before it actually kills you unless you can kill whatever killed you. In 99% of scenarios like raids and dungeons this ability won't matter because you cant kill something in 8 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Peach774 View Post
    How would that ever be the case. The argument for the most powerful one is the warrior one which resurrects you. The thing is it only resurrects you for 8 seconds before it actually kills you unless you can kill whatever killed you. In 99% of scenarios like raids and dungeons this ability won't matter because you cant kill something in 8 sec.
    Not to mention that a) it's spec restricted and b) you can't play Legion without them anyway.

At most, this will mean that somebody plays Fury instead of Arms. But at the skill levels where this would be relevant, playing the "best" spec is par for the course anyway.

Deleted
    They will be hidden for a few days and they everybody will know about them. It's just stupid to try and hide them.

This whole thread is an exercise in "you can't please everyone". I initially thought there would be nobody who could possibly think that these little hidden things weren't cool and fun.
    Boy, some people will complain about anything.

I'm sure Blizz will read RDA's posts and be like, "Well #!*$ IT...we won't even TRY anymore..."

I have no problem with them, I think it's a cool idea, my main gripe with them is the fact that some of them are clearly stronger than others.

The fury warrior being provided a rez for example, that's pretty big compared to some of the other artifact weapons and can actually be a gamechanger.

I mean how can you even compare these two?

Frost - Growing frost patch on the ground while standing still.
    Fury - Ressurected by Odyn, must kill within 8 seconds to stay alive.
    Last edited by JoshuaNLG; 2016-07-02 at 10:50 PM.