Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Wish ranking would be done by personal statistics.
    Would be nice, yeah.. But probably a lot harder to sort out

Deleted
    Wish ranking would be done by personal statistics.
    You can't, in a team game.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Guess I'm done with ranked then.
    Not many people play that I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    The white/gold icon means you're top 500, but it's currently bugged
    https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/st...674624?lang=en
    Figured as much, was quite interesting how I queued to match and saw this:

10+ Year Old Account
    But still, if I get 4 gold medals (or 5), doing more damage, kills, objective kills and objective time than my teammates put together.. Do I really deserve to lose rankings as much as they do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Figured as much, was quite interesting how I queued to match and saw this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FcLNr81.png[IMG]
    Yeah, was weird when I saw it.. Figured it wasn't anything important, considering none of the others had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But still, if I get 4 gold medals (or 5), doing more damage, kills, objective kills and objective time than my teammates put together.. Do I really deserve to lose rankings as much as they do?
    Been on fire 60%+ of the time in 7 of my matches, 4 golden medals in 8.
    Last 2 matches I've had some friendly Mei blocking all my ults and hooks.
    Guess I'm "salty" but damn.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-06-30 at 11:46 AM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, was weird when I saw it.. Figured it wasn't anything important, considering none of the others had it.
    Yes you do, you getting gold in eliminations or damage done doesn't mean anything.
    I could be soldier mowing down the Reinhardt shield over and over (2k dmg done a piece) and sit afk in base afterwards.
    Doesn't mean I am helping the team win.
    I could be a genji running around the map killing random people while my team is getting stomped, doesn't mean I am helping my team win.

Gold medals mean absolutely nothing in the end if you are still losing (this is coming from a person that gets at least a few medals every game).

Last game of the night (yesterday) I was playing soldier with 4 gold medals and 54% kill participation. We still lost because I could not deal with the 2 Pharah's and they were destroying my team.
    Was that my fault? No it wasn't as I can't take on 3 people on my own (they had a pocket mercy) but I don't deserve not to lose points as I was part of a losing team.
    Thats why its a team game not a "I am amazing, look at my kda w/l I don't deserve to lose game". :P

It would be the same as saying "well I played good in League of Legends, I don't deserve to get a loss for this match".. thats not how it works in team games.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I'm done with ranked then.
    Not many people play that I know.
    Make new friends I joined a community and I have people on every night really.. (skills are very different and we still lose quite a lot.. but people are getting better).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you do, you getting gold in eliminations or damage done doesn't mean anything.
    I could be soldier mowing down the Reinhardt shield over and over (2k dmg done a piece) and sit afk in base afterwards.
    Doesn't mean I am helping the team win.
    I could be a genji running around the map killing random people while my team is getting stomped, doesn't mean I am helping my team win.

Gold medals mean absolutely nothing in the end if you are still losing (this is coming from a person that gets at least a few medals every game).

Last game of the night (yesterday) I was playing soldier with 4 gold medals and 54% kill participation. We still lost because I could not deal with the 2 Pharah's and they were destroying my team.
    Was that my fault? No it wasn't as I can't take on 3 people on my own (they had a pocket mercy) but I don't deserve not to lose points as I was part of a losing team.
    Thats why its a team game not a "I am amazing, look at my kda w/l I don't deserve to lose game". :P
    I get that it's a team game.. But if you're carrying your team, doing better than them in all ways (Objective kills and time being probably the most important ways), it's quite clearly not YOU dragging the team down, so I still don't think you deserve to lose as much as them. Not that you don't deserve to lose points for losing, but it should be a mitigating factor that you did well

I get that it's a team game.. But if you're carrying your team, doing better than them in all ways (Objective kills and time being probably the most important ways), it's quite clearly not YOU dragging the team down, so I still don't think you deserve to lose as much as them. Not that you don't deserve to lose points for losing, but it should be a mitigating factor that you did well
    Don't really see them change it.
    It's clearly a game for premades and I sort of agree with it.

Deleted
    You're correct, you are not dragging the team down.. but you are part of the team.
    If you are playing in a team its not really fair to give you a better result then the rest :P.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    7 Matches

win-DC-DC-loss-win-DC-win

Gotta love my ISP

Deleted
    Don't really see them change it.
    It's clearly a game for premades and I sort of agree with it.
    I had loads of fun in solo queue last night, people even talked over voice coms.. had a Russian guy trying to speak English and no one could understand him which was pretty funny but we worked around it using the in game notifications.
    I only played 2 matches before bed and won both .. very close games as well .

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    I swear Jeff said it was strictly win/loss, I'll see if I can find it when I'm done work
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...5504371#post-3

"In Overwatch, whether your MMR goes up or down is contingent on winning or losing. But there are a number of factors that determine how much that rating goes up or down. For example, what map you’re playing on and whether you were attacking or defending is factored in. We know the win rates on attack/defend on all of the maps and we normalize accordingly. Not all wins and losses are equal. We also look at your individual performance on each of the heroes you played during the match. Everyone has better and worse heroes and we have tons of data showing us what performance levels should be like on those heroes. We also look at your opponents and whether or not their matchmaking rating is higher or lower than yours. These are just a few of the things that are considered when determining how your skill should go up or down. At no point in MMR calculations do we look at your win/loss ratio and win/loss ratio is never used to determine who to match you with or against. We are not trying to drive your win/loss percentage toward a certain number (although the fact that so many people are at 50% win rates makes us extremely happy). All the system does when it comes to matching on skill is attempt to match you with people of a similar number."

It only takes 1 or 2 coordinated people on 1 team to steam roll the other.
    1 good zarya + a dmg ult can team kill you and lose you the game instantly when you are not coordinated.
    People not picking tanks and healers will be there for always be there because people in general are selfish pricks that only want to play what they like - fuck the team.

I was playing a premade for 4 people last night and we ONLY ran into other 4 people groups + 2 randoms or 4 premade + 2 premade on both sides.
    This has been the most balanced experience I have had in any ranked game so far.

Yes we got stomped and we also stomped people but thats because some people are just better.
    We had a pharah in the other team with 2 pocket healers that just destroyed our team (she played 80 out of her 100 hours on pharah alone).
    Things happen .
    Fair point. Though i queued solo all the time, and all teams were made by other people in solo (i specifically checked for that to have an idea of what i was going to face), apart a game where both teams had a premade of 2 people.

Got from another thread: "you get better if you play against people better than you", which is totally fine. Though there's a point at which you are simply unable to do anything, and i actually didn't learned much about tactict or anything else since everything was happening too fast.

I have learned how to better flank better and get around unnoticed, mostly because i was the only one doing that (when i could) and they were the only moments when we pushed forward a little.

Never had a so bad experince in quick games. I expected to find harder opponents for sure, but hell i'ìm not complaining about them, i complain about my teammates. I had a Mei that just spammed her wall randomly and didn't even shoot anyone.

EDIT: i'm going to finish my matches no matter what and post the results. Then play some ranked and see what happens. Hope to get someone to team up with me.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-06-30 at 12:17 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Personally I am of the mindset that I am just going to play and not worry about my score level, I always try my hardest to win so it's not like I am playing any different.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well last night was a worse experience. We lost 2 in a row, then won 1, then lost our last game. The common factor in each of our 3 losses? As a 2 man group we were placed with a 4 man group, then pitted against a 6 man group. Like...uwat Blizz? Maybe it's just b/c of placement games, but I'm not looking forward to playing with my friend and getting constantly put against entire premades...especially when we're having to carry the other 4 people who even though they are grouped, have 0 coordination.

They would run one by one into their deaths, just endlessly providing no opportunity for us to take the objective. The best we could do was stand back and pick people off, waiting for them to regroup, which of course never happened.

In any case, our worst result if we lose our last two placement games is going 5-5 which would match my ~55% winrate in QM so I'm not really fussed. Just seems a little awkward, because when we were put with all solo players the first games we won because everyone was invested to win with the sum of our parts instead of thinking their fraction somehow knew what they were doing.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    No point in playing there is always a leaver + someone who follows the leaver = instant loss lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Well last night was a worse experience. We lost 2 in a row, then won 1, then lost our last game. The common factor in each of our 3 losses? As a 2 man group we were placed with a 4 man group, then pitted against a 6 man group. Like...uwat Blizz? Maybe it's just b/c of placement games, but I'm not looking forward to playing with my friend and getting constantly put against entire premades...especially when we're having to carry the other 4 people who even though they are grouped, have 0 coordination.

They would run one by one into their deaths, just endlessly providing no opportunity for us to take the objective. The best we could do was stand back and pick people off, waiting for them to regroup, which of course never happened.

In any case, our worst result if we lose our last two placement games is going 5-5 which would match my ~55% winrate in QM so I'm not really fussed. Just seems a little awkward, because when we were put with all solo players the first games we won because everyone was invested to win with the sum of our parts instead of thinking their fraction somehow knew what they were doing.

That seems statistically impossible.
    The system looks for another 6 man first, then a 5 man + 1 filler and then a 4 man + 2 etc.
    The chances of no other team being available with the amount of people playing in pre-mades is statistically impossible.
    And that is happeneed to you twice in a row just adds to the statistical impossibility twice as hard.
    Are you sure you got matched up against a pre-made of 6?

As I said I did 12 matches last night. 10 with 4 man pre-made and we were ONLY matched vs a 4 man pre-made with 2 solo or 4 man pre-made + 2 man pre-made.
    And the + 2 man pre-made ONLY happened with our team having a 4+2 as well.

The other 2 games I played solo and I got 4 randoms + 2 man pre-made on both sides for both matches.

I find this very hard to believe seeing it worked crazy good on my side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexis232991 View Post
    No point in playing there is always a leaver + someone who follows the leaver = instant loss lol
    Give it a few days and all these douchebags will be banned.
    First few days in any ranked mode are always just stupid.
    Last edited by mmoc8b9477f07c; 2016-06-30 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    Give it a few days and all these douchebags will be banned.
    First few days in any ranked mode are always just stupid.
    Whats the durotation of the ban :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis232991 View Post
    Whats the durotation of the ban :P
    The whole season!