Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wow... killed over a fucking cheap gaming console.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Sorry, you dont get to plead the "minor" defense when you have practically committed pre-meditated murder. They intended to rob the guy. They deliberately brought a weapon. Guy ended up dead. Doesnt get much clearer cut then that.

Not an adult doesn't get much clearer than that

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well in most cases I would agree that they should be treated as minors but this is not one of them. Children have been tried and sentenced as adults for other accounts were death was the end result. Why does this one get a free pass ?

Quote Originally Posted by dbudd424 View Post
    Well in most cases I would agree that they should be treated as minors but this is not one of them. Children have been tried and sentenced as adults for other accounts were death was the end result. Why does this one get a free pass ?
    Minors are treated differently because they aren't fully mature adults, the person they are when they commit the crime will not necessarily be the same person they are when they finish growing up. Trying a young person as an adult for serious offenses satisfies a desire for vengeance or punishment but is not necessarily more just.

Someone has to be the defender of brutal murderers. It's a good thing you're here.

Deleted
    What relivence is the hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Someone has to be the defender of brutal murderers. It's a good thing you're here.
    I don't know why you think it's a bad thing I don't think minors should be charged as adults, since they're not adults. Last topic we have several people up for killing 4 and 5 year olds if they killed anyone...

- - - Updated - - -

None of them should have been...

People need to figure out what the fuck a child is, if a child is less than 18 without a fully developed brain, why the fuck should we punish them as adults based on the severity of the crime, and not on their actual state in life? That state being a minor who isn't fully developed.

There are 10 and 11 year olds who are charged as adults because of the severity of their crime, but we sure as fuck know, no 10 year old has the mind of an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What relivence is the hobby
    DUH!

This case does show that gamers, mmo or otherwise, need to be aware of safety precautions when dealing with individuals met over the internet.

And don't try to fix that to say "People, gamers or not"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Too easy for him. Better punishment is rotting in jail for 40 years instead of the instant release of death. Death is no punishment, it is a reward.
    Then why do some mass murderers plead guilty and agree to take the authorities to the victims bodies they have killed over the years if the death penalty is taken off the list of punishment? Prisons are not that bad nowadays. Maybe a long time ago they were, not now. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    DUH!

This case does show that gamers, mmo or otherwise, need to be aware of safety precautions when dealing with individuals met over the internet.

And don't try to fix that to say "People, gamers or not"
    But that's common sense not exclusive to gamers... besides why are MMO gamers meeting to game

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If the killer isn't swinging from a tree, I think we stopped a bit short of "just".
    I find this comment coupled with your signature ironic at best
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    But that's common sense not exclusive to gamers... besides why are MMO gamers meeting to game
    What did I just say?!! Don't try and fix it to apply to everyone. Gamers are under attack! We're being targeted by a group that wants to destroy our way of life!

I believe the MMO part is thrown in, just because the site is focused on MMOs and because the guy killed wasn't a pro MMO gamer, we can't narrow it down to MMO gamers are under attack.

None of them should have been...

People need to figure out what the fuck a child is, if a child is less than 18 without a fully developed brain, why the fuck should we punish them as adults based on the severity of the crime, and not on their actual state in life? That state being a minor who isn't fully developed.

There are 10 and 11 year olds who are charged as adults because of the severity of their crime, but we sure as fuck know, no 10 year old has the mind of an adult.
    I understand your point but here is my issue then. So she was 16 just 2 years from being 18. My problem is 18 is not when the brain is fully matured this is somewhere close to age 25 (http://hrweb.mit.edu/worklife/youngadult/brain.html). If your going to pull this reason of the brain not being fully developed into this case then 18 would be wrong as well. Personally in this case I think she knew what she was doing and should be held accountable to this. I would be more willing to look the other way if this was a accident and the gun went off and killed someone while she was messing with it but she went to rob someone.

You guys realize the court will often threat minors as adults in the case of serious offense like premeditated murders right?

I understand your point but here is my issue then. So she was 16 just 2 years from being 18. My problem is 18 is not when the brain is fully matured this is somewhere close to age 25 (http://hrweb.mit.edu/worklife/youngadult/brain.html). If your going to pull this reason of the brain not being fully developed into this case then 18 would be wrong as well. Personally in this case I think she knew what she was doing and should be held accountable to this. I would be more willing to look the other way if this was a accident and the gun went off and killed someone while she was messing with it but she went to rob someone.
    I know about the brain development but since we go with 18 we have those two reasons for someone younger.

I really don't feel her knowing what she was doing is evidence enough to say she's magically an adult.

There have been child killers who have tortured children this still doesn't age them up.
    Last edited by Themius; 2016-06-30 at 01:55 PM.

There have been child killers who have tortured children this still doesn't age them up.
    It does.. do you even follow law like at all? Minors get judged as adults all the time, in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia. Literally all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    It does.. do you even follow law like at all? Minors get judged as adults all the time, in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia. Literally all the time.
    Explain how a child killing someone advances them through development. The gravity of a crime has no bearing on child development into Adulthoood.

Explain how a child killing someone advances them through development.

Thats not the reason they are judged as adults. I advice you read your own country law to understand why we try minor as adults in many cases when it comes to murders, rapes and other important crimes. What you think of it does not matter, its what we do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What did I just say?!! Don't try and fix it to apply to everyone. Gamers are under attack! We're being targeted by a group that wants to destroy our way of life!

I believe the MMO part is thrown in, just because the site is focused on MMOs and because the guy killed wasn't a pro MMO gamer, we can't narrow it down to MMO gamers are under attack.
    Are you been fucking serious here I can't tell

At 16 people shouldn't get less penalty when they commit crime, they know what they are doing at that age