Poll: Staying, rolling Druid or rerolling something else?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to say I'm staying a Druid but I'm really looking to break into end game raiding again and I feel like all non-resto druids are atrocious on the beta. Maybe I've just only seen bad ones.

Former-panda (Monk) rolling to Bear on 7.0 <3

Playing Druid since Vanilla (leveled as Feral switched to Restoration to do Raids), changed to Feral again during BC and stick to Feral in Legion.

I have been a hunter since release of Wow (2004) and I will be rerolling as a druid for legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    What class were you thinking of rerolling too?
    spent about 100 hours on Demon Hunter, and about 40 on outlaw rogue, about 200 on warrior.

i would have to say most likely looking at Demon Hunter Vengeance, havoc is nice, but being able to pull and mow things down as tank is amazing as Vengeance at the moment.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    as someone who has played beta on my mates account and invested about 40+ hours into Balance the spec i have mained since mid Mop, and Guardian that i have been since starting wow.

i am rerolling class.

balance has had to many iterations to be good to play come legion, to people who have never played balance it will come off easy, my mate who has never touched balance loves it and does better at it then me, and ive been playing balance for years.

going from what we are now to what we will be is a be difference, it has been dumbed down so hard, to the point where it is to RNG reliant, and we have to maintain a resource and use it when it is advantagous, going from a class that has never had to do that, yes you could argue rolling eclipse bar or eclipse charges or the cast to rotate eclipse bars we have had over the years, but going from a non resource class to a resource class is hard.

as for Guardian it feels rough, we can take more physical hits then most tanks, but going up against a boss with magic we get fisted from this side of the moon and back.

ill be testing come prepatch on ptr, with my current gear to see if there are any changes so i can get an idea of what it might be like come lvl 110 while in BIS current lvl gear.

but until then im stuck in wanting to reroll.
    I agree moonkin has been dumbed down a lot in legion but at the same time.. it aint.... yes anyone can now get onto a moonkin and do good damage but you will see a MASSIVE difference in people who know the spec and dont, a casual might keep elunes up for 15secs where a decent well knowing boomie could keep it going for 1min, making the DPS difference so big. numbers ofc aint final i thought the new change would suck ass and id hate it. doing testing every now and then to see what combos i can make for pve raiding its getting there... iv been a druid since 2004 and i wont reroll and some changes make me cry but some i think are getting there / better for the class as a whole. druids taking more damage in legion is just... numbers they can be tweeked and fixxed. but i feel every tank should have there slight niche in tanking, bears can be punched in the face by a giant and DKs can soak up all the magic of a caster.. just fits fantasy abit more.

Im currently looking into going feral for legion i aint raided as feral since wrath, went boomie in cata and was that till well... HFC where i went feral and geared in heroic pugs. im enjoying the spec alot and when you get those nice big juicy rips it really shows. feral in legion seems cool aswell im enjoying it on the ptr and friends beta. Sadly with no guild and alot of melee coming into raiding... i need to find one / be careful or i could be going balance again for anotehr Xpack.

Staying Druid, not because I like what the class has to offer in Legion but because it still benefits me more as an achievement hunter to stay Druid.

Druid for life. I am having a difficult time deciding whether to stay Boomkin or go back to Resto. I guess I'll decide once pre-patch hits and I get a feel for both specs since I wasn't lucky enough to get into beta!

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I agree moonkin has been dumbed down a lot in legion but at the same time.. it aint.... yes anyone can now get onto a moonkin and do good damage but you will see a MASSIVE difference in people who know the spec and dont, a casual might keep elunes up for 15secs where a decent well knowing boomie could keep it going for 1min, making the DPS difference so big. numbers ofc aint final i thought the new change would suck ass and id hate it. doing testing every now and then to see what combos i can make for pve raiding its getting there... iv been a druid since 2004 and i wont reroll and some changes make me cry but some i think are getting there / better for the class as a whole. druids taking more damage in legion is just... numbers they can be tweeked and fixxed. but i feel every tank should have there slight niche in tanking, bears can be punched in the face by a giant and DKs can soak up all the magic of a caster.. just fits fantasy abit more.

Im currently looking into going feral for legion i aint raided as feral since wrath, went boomie in cata and was that till well... HFC where i went feral and geared in heroic pugs. im enjoying the spec alot and when you get those nice big juicy rips it really shows. feral in legion seems cool aswell im enjoying it on the ptr and friends beta. Sadly with no guild and alot of melee coming into raiding... i need to find one / be careful or i could be going balance again for anotehr Xpack.
    i may or may not reroll but playing boomy for as long as i have and on and off since before i made it my main, the different changes each expansion.

i myself know and feel in my gut that with next expansion after legion, they will redo us again or Make New/Half/Full moon, a baseline ability.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    I tried Guardian on the PTR after never tried to tank in my life (i'm a healer usually), and it looks like it's a toss up between maining my druid as a tank or maining my monk as a healer. Not sure yet, the wardrobe has helped a ton in that I've found a pretty great look and, pathetically, thats something that effects my choice, haha.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved my Monk during MoP but I can't stay away from druid for more than a few months it seems.

Swapping back to Druid after two expansions away from it. Resto/Feral, I think.
    Avatar created by Cthulhu Ftagn.

I've been a Boomkin since Wrath, OSing Resto as necessary... While I can't pinpoint an exact reason, I haven't been having much fun playing Boomkin in the Legion beta, so I will likely switch to Resto MS / Boom OS this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    No choice for coming back to Druid

I Mained Druid through vanilla, he was my first 60. Switched to Pally for most of BC, when I swore off healing. Then DK main from Wrath on. Frost DKs losing 2h weapons is the last straw for me, 3rd or 4th time I have had my playstyle on the DK taken away. I still miss blood DPS. I don't like the look or feel of DW melee, and I hate pets, so I'm over DK for now.

My Druid has always been my top alt the whole time though. I have always liked the fantasy of the Druids and the lore of the Tauren Druids in particular. I really like what I have seen blizz do with Druids in legion so far. Can't wait for the goddamn eclipse bar to go away! I may even mess with healing.

Looking forward to the new moonkin model, despite it being far too long in coming. Blizz has dropped the ball on Balance forms for sure. Balance needs more form options. I want a Keeper of the Grove form. Maybe with the new glyph system we might see some more alternate form art. I'd do a huge questline to pick up some alternate balance forms.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Deleted
    I've been a druid since early burning crusade, no plans on maining anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    No choice for coming back to Druid

I Mained Druid through vanilla, he was my first 60. Switched to Pally for most of BC, when I swore off healing. Then DK main from Wrath on. Frost DKs losing 2h weapons is the last straw for me, 3rd or 4th time I have had my playstyle on the DK taken away. I still miss blood DPS. I don't like the look or feel of DW melee, and I hate pets, so I'm over DK for now.

My Druid has always been my top alt the whole time though. I have always liked the fantasy of the Druids and the lore of the Tauren Druids in particular. I really like what I have seen blizz do with Druids in legion so far. Can't wait for the goddamn eclipse bar to go away! I may even mess with healing.

Looking forward to the new moonkin model, despite it being far too long in coming. Blizz has dropped the ball on Balance forms for sure. Balance needs more form options. I want a Keeper of the Grove form. Maybe with the new glyph system we might see some more alternate form art. I'd do a huge questline to pick up some alternate balance forms.

You could always go warrior (arms) or ret pala.. there still melee and 2h melee. You shouldnt feel forced to play a class as you dont like pets. maybe take up ranged? or tanking? or even healing. Yeah i saw you said you swore of healing but some of the changes in legion could make it fun.

Staying Feral. Still have a solid raid spot.

Still not touching Resto or Balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to enter Legion with my Balance Druid that I have had since classic. But the current changes and performance of the spec on the PTR have me incredibly sceptical. I've always adapted to the changes that came with basically every expansion for Moonkin, but this new iteration has me seriously on the fence and considering another spec/class. Which makes me incredibly sad, my Moonkin is my baby, but if I don't have fun with the changes, what's the point?

Rerolling out of feral.

Actually temporarily rerolled mage during HFC mythic progression because ferals offered nothing and were broken this tier, really was an eye opener.
    in HM/BRF I could show the worth and value of ferals even on unfavorable fights as Blast Furnace even if ferals were rock bottom of overall damage on that fight. But HFC was just plain awfull and on our most favorable fights ferals were average at best like Reaver and Zakuun. But we were plain bad/mediocre on the rest of the encounters and offered nothing of benefit to the raid team.

In Legion Beta and forums I see feral issues such as scaling/haste are not adressed and I am very skeptic about the AoE/Cleave capabilities which are abundant in the first two tiers in Legion. I want to reroll Assasination Rogue, they seem to be feral 2.0: similar but much better designed. They do roughly 60% bleed damage, 10% poison damage but ramp up time and swapping is fixed with certain interesting abilities. So unlike feral they are ace at target swapping and cleave damage. They also have stronger AoE not to mention awesome utility (Cloak and Cheat Death). So they are a safe bet but rerolling will depend on my guild, can play any class that my guild needs that can perform. I would have loved to see the new druid skins during mythic raiding though.

I can't risk feeling en being useless during progression for another tier. it was simply not acceptable that I had to reroll mid-progression in HFC because blizzard failed horribly in class, encounter and item (tier 18, class trinket and legendary ring) design.

Very salty former feral since Vanilla (PvP) but raiding as feral since TBC (give back ArP! or RoRo!).

Druid has been one of my "mains" since Burning Crusade. I've always loved feral, and Resto was always fun for pvp. I do tend to go through phases where I dislike the slow & methodical gameplay...legion has me excited because there are talent options to help make the class a little more "spammy" even if it's not 100% efficient. I'm loving the balance druid / eclipse changes, and also excited for the Guardian changes. I'm on the fence for the resto changes...I find that when I heal on my druid, I miss the single target emergency healing of my shaman...Regrowth just doesnt seem like a big enough oomph" for a single target expensive heal...but I think they're trying to push swiftmend into that realm, so maybe that will work.