Quote Originally Posted by Alucarde View Post
    Without sims, there won't be accurate stat weights. However, I believe we can still determine which stat appears to be of priority.

I, too, agree that crit is more valued now due to how Killing Machine works in Legion now. There are also talents that benefit from crit as well. However, I am unsure as to whether haste or mastery would be second in priority.
    I think haste will have breakpoints personally. I don't think we will value it like Paladins do to get as much of it ass possible, but i definitely see breakpoints where it will be better than mastery until the next breakpoint.

While I know tuning isn't over, kinda funny to see them buff Frost Strike and Breath at the same time, still keeping Breath not worth using.

25% nerf on Avalanche but a 30% buff on Frostscythe more or less averages out considering their synergy is still really strong.
    Horn of Winter and Icy Talons getting buffs is kinda cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    While I know tuning isn't over, kinda funny to see them buff Frost Strike and Breath at the same time, still keeping Breath not worth using.

25% nerf on Avalanche but a 30% buff on Frostscythe more or less averages out considering their synergy is still really strong.
    Dont forget the 10% buff to frost strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Dont forget the 10% buff to frost strike.
    I mentioned that at the beginning of this post! Bad Kanj

Deleted
    I mentioned that at the beginning of this post! Bad Kanj
    You put that in there afterwards!

The horn buff boggles my mind though. Even when not taking murderous efficiency or Runic Attenuation I have more often than not, have not had resource problems in the slightest. Buffing it to two runes and more RP...kind of makes me go huh?

Deleted
    The Frostscythe buff is what I find most interesting. The scaling buff means we might see a mastery breakpoint where it's better to use Killing Machine on Frostscythe even on single target. The Avalanche nerf might make Icecap the preferred single target talent. Avalanche-Frostscythe is still gonna be massive for AoE/Cleave though

Also no changes to Sindragosa's Fury yet. Can't help but wonder if they're gonna completely rework it as we haven't seen any changes to it and it's been consistently bad for quite a while now.

Edit: Went ahead and tried some basic math and I got the mastery breakpoint for Frostscythe crits doing more damage than Obliterate crits to be around ~27%, this is without factoring in the ambidexterity trait though which would probably push the breakpoint to ~29-30%.
    Last edited by mmoc3ab655a413; 2016-06-29 at 09:45 AM.

Deleted
    Oh really? Thought they started on that as well due to Hypothermia having been redesigned, but that was severely broken from what I hear.

I like most of these changes, although the Horn of Winter buff seems irrelevant unless our resource regen goes down. BoS and FS both getting buffed is strange, but maybe it works out to better scaling per mob?

Wraith Walk now officially even worse. Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    I like most of these changes, although the Horn of Winter buff seems irrelevant unless our resource regen goes down. BoS and FS both getting buffed is strange, but maybe it works out to better scaling per mob?

Wraith Walk now officially even worse. Joy.
    Funcionally it's not going to be a noticible change. It was already bugged in the beta where if you used say Dark Command it would cancel the effect as well. I mentioned it to Skullflower and first he said that was a bug and would be fixed, then found out it was being changed so it was kinda rip to report the bug to him lol

Deleted
    Do Crystalline Swords attack only 1 target or aoe( even damage in line)? In both tooltips (sword itself and golden trait) its mentioned about impaling and stabbing foes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedzio View Post
    Do Crystalline Swords attack only 1 target or aoe( even damage in line)? In both tooltips (sword itself and golden trait) its mentioned about impaling and stabbing foes.
    Single target

What happened to crit that made it so desirable? Besides avalanche
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Deleted

It sucks because breath doesn't benefit from some talents:>

It's funny though how in some talent setups I am swimming in resources constantly having runes and RP :>

Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    What happened to crit that made it so desirable? Besides avalanche
    Killing Machine was changed to only proc on critical auto attacks. ("Your auto attack critical strikes have a chance to make your next Obliterate automatically critically strike.")

Icecap (on the same talent tier as Avalanche) also works off of crits. ("Your Frost Strike, Frostscythe, and Obliterate critical strikes reduce the remaining cooldown of Pillar of Frost by 1.0 sec.")

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Killing Machine was changed to only proc on critical auto attacks. ("Your auto attack critical strikes have a chance to make your next Obliterate automatically critically strike.")

Icecap (on the same talent tier as Avalanche) also works off of crits. ("Your Frost Strike, Frostscythe, and Obliterate critical strikes reduce the remaining cooldown of Pillar of Frost by 1.0 sec.")
    Along with all of this Frostscythe works really well on aoe when you have high crit, you can worry less about waiting for a KM proc to use it and instead have it be a main rune spender (during Pillar if you use Avalanche that is).

Ah yes. I should probably give Frostscythe a shot. (Granted I haven't played much of the beta at all, just visited a training dummy on my DK and played other characters a bit to get their first artifact weapon.) I like BoS Unholy on Live so I want to use BoS as Frost if possible, but yeah, right now it does seem wasteful in Legion.. Attempting to minimize Frost Strike usage for it makes many of your earlier talents less effective.

But if not BoS, Glacial Advance is a bit underwhelming to me.. It may hit pretty hard, but it seems uninteresting to use (I imagine you basically use it on cooldown, whether ST or AoE) and honestly I hoped it would look more impressive. How's Obliteration at the moment?

Although if I'm not raiding yet it doesn't really matter too much anyway...

Ah yes. I should probably give Frostscythe a shot. (Granted I haven't played much of the beta at all, just visited a training dummy on my DK and played other characters a bit to get their first artifact weapon.) I like BoS Unholy on Live so I want to use BoS as Frost if possible, but yeah, right now it does seem wasteful in Legion.. Attempting to minimize Frost Strike usage for it makes many of your earlier talents less effective.

But if not BoS, Glacial Advance is a bit underwhelming to me.. It may hit pretty hard, but it seems uninteresting to use (I imagine you basically use it on cooldown, whether ST or AoE) and honestly I hoped it would look more impressive. How's Obliteration at the moment?

Glacial Advance is really nice for aoe as it does hit fairly hard with current tuning, however yes you just hit it on CD Cus it's 1 rune cost and damage it does is so high.
    Obliteration is nice and seems to be more fitting in the on demand burst direction more than anything. For lower levels of crit it works well to assure you crit damage on Frostscythe on an AoE pack. Or in general it just works well to reduce OB's cost for you

At this current point, You will be using Breath in every situation, unless there is a fight that has a nearly 100% uptime on adds.

I'm not sure how you see Glacial as uninteresting, as you have to readjust you facing before every single use.

Obliteration is awful and its not due to the talent itself...During CD's/Lust you cant use Frost Strike due to oblit/Rime spam with (Whatever the new Empower talent is, Can't remember).

Frost Scythe is god Tier, nothing more to be said on that front.

I unfortunately see a rather large nerf coming Frosts way, which wont be warranted, as we no longer have survivability and are the slowest class this game has ever had.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=3

Some logs to show you what i mean...On the Eyeball boss, Meknoid (hunter) has to leave halfway through, so he would have reduced my add damage a little, but we are always 10-20% ahead of the group.

--Edit--

Also worth mentioning, I have one of the least progressed weapons (Ilvl is normalized but traits are not)
    That being said Hypothermia seems to be the only one worth getting, Ill give more feedback on that when i get it.