Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Not unless that's a new thing. I've got the first four TPBs and Ms. Marvel idolizes Carol, but she isn't her sidekick or anything. They interact in an issue or two, and Carol gives Kamala some advice. That's about it.
    Well she gives her assignments, advice, etc. Its not a superhero/sidekick relationship but a teacher/student one.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    You believe the Kamala Khan version of Ms. Marvel was created in the 70's? You're off by about 4 decades. Or else you're deliberately misunderstanding which character is being discussed. Two characters with the same name are not, in fact, the same character.
    Talking about naming conventions...and well, lets be honest, originality overall.
    Marvel will do versions of what was popular...especially when it comes to names. (How many versions of Spiderman again?)
    And then there are the storylines...Gee how many "Civil Wars" has there been?

They already came out and said how they do business anymore...and I know that there are some that read comic books today that refuse to believe that.

...but hey... "Hail Hydra" and shit right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Marvel will do versions of what was popular...especially when it comes to names. (How many versions of Spiderman again?)
    This just in "Businesses do things that are popular, in order to make money!"

The funny thing is, when they try something wildly different and have characters act in different way, *cough* Captain Hydra *cough* the fanboys all lose their shit.
    You can EITHER complain that Marvel is unoriginal OR that they pull crazy twists. You can't say both.

And then there are the storylines...Gee how many "Civil Wars" has there been?
    Two, there have been two civil wars: One in 2006 and one currently running.

However, with the exception of the name and the most bare bones premise (two groups of good guys fight over ideological differences) the plots are wildly different.

You can't really accuse them of using the same plot line again... That's like saying DC uses the same plot lines all the time because Batman keeps fighting the Joker.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-06-26 at 02:32 AM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

DC fanboys really have no place to criticize, considering the number of Crises and Rebirths
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    DC fanboys really have no place to criticize, considering the number of Crises and Rebirths
    I read comics from both, I can criticize whatever I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I read comics from both, I can criticize whatever I want.
    You sure can /pat
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

*Cue whimsy musical tone*

"Anything you can do, I can do betterrrrrr!" x repeat 24 times.

On subject, cant wait for Dr strange and GotG 2. Need it naowwww. GotG 2 has wrapped filming at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's filming... There's still all the CGI to do, which considering at least two whole characters are 100% CGI will take a fairly long time!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Didn't notice this posted amongst all the arguing Spiderman filming has started (from Tom Holland's IG):
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Its Dr doom and the vets, versus Dr strange and the rookies

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't help but root for Stephen in all aspects of comics right now because his writing and the end of magic story is one of the best I've seen ever in comics. Between that and the current Spider-Man (Peter) runs, they were just hitting on all cylinders bringing great writing, staying true to the characters, but moving them into the modern age with our ideals and struggles right now.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Its Dr doom and the vets, versus Dr strange and the rookies
    Is that part of CWII or a different arc? It's a pretty awesome pic regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Can't help but root for Stephen in all aspects of comics right now because his writing and the end of magic story is one of the best I've seen ever in comics.
    Quoted for truth. The current doctor Strange run is just fantastic. Everything from artwork to plot to characters is A*

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post

Skip to 2:31
    At first I was highly skeptical of Deadpool being too over the top too fourth wall breaking.

However, Deadpool is without a doubt the best thing to happen to the Marvel movie world since RDJ and Iron Man 1 put the whole massive movie world in motion.

It's just a shame he is stuck on the shitty Fox side of the Marvel movie universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Is that part of CWII or a different arc? It's a pretty awesome pic regardless.
    I'm not sure because it seems like Captain Marvel and Tony are on opposite sides in the comic and I can't see Ms. Marvel taking a different stance than Captain Marvel.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Quoted for truth. The current doctor Strange run is just fantastic. Everything from artwork to plot to characters is A*
    I was really hoping the Scarlet Witch books would follow suit and after the first couple of issues, that seemed the case...but then it devolved into a bunch of artsy fartsy nonsense without substance. Both in art and writing, it was like attending a hipster seminar delivered at a liberal arts college. Which is totally me and my college experience, but it does not work in that format. It's just messy.

After getting a call from my local comic store to yell at me for not picking up some ~40 books, my social anxiety peaked and I scrounged up the money to go buy them. I planned on canceling everything I had on subscription, b/c you know...I said that's what I was doing, but seeing all the new books in my hand combined with being unable to tell someone to their face I don't want to give them my food money b/c I'm poor and instead I just reduced my list dramatically.

I went from over 20 books to a flat 10, cutting out a lot of fun books like Xmen 92 and Spidey in favor of solid titles like Strange, Thor, etc. I had to keep Hellcat and Spider-Gwen though, so I'll still have some goofy books. Other than the two new DC titles I put on my list, the marvel books should be once a month at most putting me around $50 a month. I think I can budget for that. $200 a month was just not sustainable.

Luckily a lot of what I had on my list ended anyways and I still have Klaus and Dragon Age runs that will end in the next few months, so I'm pretty sure I saved comics for myself. yay.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm not sure because it seems like Captain Marvel and Tony are on opposite sides in the comic and I can't see Ms. Marvel taking a different stance than Captain Marvel.
    What if Captain Marvel's stance is that Ms. Marvel shouldn't be a super hero because she's too young/inexperienced?

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    What if Captain Marvel's stance is that Ms. Marvel shouldn't be a super hero because she's too young/inexperienced?
    Well, considering Captain Marvel assigned Ms. Marvel to lead a team that acts on Ulysses' visions and Ms. Marvel seems to be be enjoying the work, I just can't see that happening nor can I see them taking a different stance on using the visions.

im pretty sure its a new event. because theyre bringing back the marvel now imprint with a new label for it.

either way, dr doom and dr strange are both amazing characters and anything involving those two im down for.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im pretty sure its a new event. because theyre bringing back the marvel now imprint with a new label for it.

either way, dr doom and dr strange are both amazing characters and anything involving those two im down for.
    I can't find Doctor Doom on that poster. Does he have a new costume or something?