Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No it isn't. Government has been busted as being HUGE on wasteful spending. Hence program and cost overruns of MANY programs. If you think big government is the opposite of wasteful spending then you need to pick up a book and read.
    Think you need to clarify whether or not you mean big government, or a big government -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Not to mention that NATO now exclusively includes the three most powerful military forces in Europe: the US, the UK and Turkey.
    Turkey isn't Europe. Turkey is Asia.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, the Greek/Turkish/Cypriot cluster fuck. An annual top 3 finalist "World's Most Pointless National Rivalry Championship".

It's like two frogs fighting over a Lilly pad.
    Listen dude. If you had thousands of planes going into your countries borders per year, then you wouldn't like it either.
    This is not fighting about a Lilly pad, this is about national sovereignty.

Deleted
    This thread shortened.

EU members: OMG mmember states are not doing enuf to deter Russia. Increase spending, cooperation.
    EU: We need to cooperate to increase our Military ability, so that we are not reliant on the US and can deter foreign aggression.
    EU members: OMG Fascism, Dictatorship, USSR 2.0! 2nd Holy Empire, 4th reich rebornz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    Do you even know any russians?
    Do you? Apparently you know every single one of them..

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Listen dude. If you had thousands of planes going into your countries borders per year, then you wouldn't like it either.
    Why would anyone attack Greece? Do they even have an army? They don't seem very aggressive, with all the begging and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Um, I'm American. Russia plays it's games with aircraft and Alaska on a weekly basis.

The USAF seriously considered stopping scrambling Raptors last year. Why? It didn't want to spend gas money (I shit you not) on Vladmir Putin's pointless displays of force. Saving money on gas was more important answering Russia's pointless provocation. The result was to send fewer Raptors up. I guess Americans are just more objective about the bullshit behaviors of the Old World.

Turkey isn't ever going to do squat against Greece ever again. Let Erdogan play his games.

Of course another annual finalist in "World's Most Pointless National Rivalry Championship" is Greece and Macedonia over it's goddamn name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    Do you even know any russians?

Literally all of the Russians are anti-West Europe/America propaganda wise.
    Maybe not all, but the majority is and has always been blindly nationalistic and believes anything their current dictator happens to feed them.

The average Russian wants his country to be feared instead of respected in a good way, deriving sadistic pleasure from bullying and threatening smaller countries. It makes him feel big and strong and makes him forget for a moment what a miserable shithole his country really is.

Understand this and you'll never be surprised by anything Russia does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Why would anyone attack Greece? Do they even have an army? They don't seem very aggressive, with all the begging and such.
    Well, they did use a big chunk of the EU financial aid to buy 400 battle tanks...

Brussels ofc (aka our ministers in EU)
    ah. well played Belgium.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Maybe not all, but the majority is and has always been blindly nationalistic and believes anything their current dictator happens to feed them.

The average Russian wants his country to be feared instead of respected in a good way, deriving sadistic pleasure from bullying and threatening smaller countries. It makes him feel big and strong and makes him forget for a moment what a miserable shithole his country really is.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, they did use a big chunk of the EU financial aid to buy 400 battle tanks...
    What is a battle tank? Err...what is a non-battle tank I guess?

That is exactly why Terrorist may choose it as a target.

Deleted
    Maybe I should have said main battle tanks, if that makes it easier to understand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_battle_tank

A main battle tank (MBT), also known as a battle tank or universal tank, is a tank that fills the armor-protected direct fire and maneuver role of many modern armies.

Basically it's the heaviest type of tank there is.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2016-06-30 at 05:48 PM.

Just part of the name.

Main Battle Tank

Stick

Abrams
    Leopard
    Challenger
    LeClerk
    Merkaava
    T-90

in there interchangeably

Um, I'm American. Russia plays it's games with aircraft and Alaska on a weekly basis.

The USAF seriously considered stopping scrambling Raptors last year. Why? It didn't want to spend gas money (I shit you not) on Vladmir Putin's pointless displays of force. Saving money on gas was more important answering Russia's pointless provocation. The result was to send fewer Raptors up. I guess Americans are just more objective about the bullshit behaviors of the Old World.

Turkey isn't ever going to do squat against Greece ever again. Let Erdogan play his games.

Of course another annual finalist in "World's Most Pointless National Rivalry Championship" is Greece and Macedonia over it's goddamn name.

You have NO UNDERSTANDING of the situation WHAT SO EVER.

These guys aren't scraping Greece's borders. They go in Greece airspace for 10's of Kms sometimes 100's.
    They are flying FULLY ARMED F16s over Greek Islands (talking about flying over civilians fully loaded).

They do NOTAMS half the Aegean. I shit you not. They send ships 200km in the Aegean.

Its a completely different situation

"A more credible European defence is essential also for the sake of a healthy transatlantic partnership with the United States."

Skert of Murka, need big army too.

- - - Updated - - -

You have NO UNDERSTANDING of the situation WHAT SO EVER.

These guys aren't scraping Greece's borders. They go in Greece airspace for 10's of Kms sometimes 100's.
    They are flying FULLY ARMED F16s over Greek Islands (talking about flying over civilians fully loaded).

They do NOTAMS half the Aegean. I shit you not. They send ships 200km in the Aegean.

Its a completely different situation
    What is macedonia doing with F-16 and Why has Greece not shot them down or had us do it for them?

Deleted
    But imperialism is about money, and it has nothing to do with capitalism.
    USA is one of the biggest empires in the history of mankind. And I see you don't even understand what capitalism is.

- - - Updated - - -
    Replace Russia with America and your statement becomes amazingly accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    That is exactly why Terrorist may choose it as a target.
    They are after juicier targets in the bigger countries. A major terrorist attack in Greece might cause it to close its borders to refugees and thus seal one entrance terrorists are using to get to Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Replace Russia with America and your statement becomes amazingly accurate.
    Oh come on, not this shit again.

Replacing words doesn't make your opinion any less untrue.

They are after juicier targets in the bigger countries. A major terrorist attack in Greece might cause it to close its borders to refugees and thus seal one entrance terrorists are using to get to Europe.
    Unless they can keep all the Terrorists from passing through the hot gates with 300 well trained men............................ borders mean squat to them. Hell, we have them here. We know we do. It is just a matter of waiting till they initiate and trying to catch them in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I think that unified armies are shit. Why would I fought a war that it's not mine? I will not fall for "i'm part of this world" crap either.
    That is why your picture of a pussy is apt.

SFC John S. Transue
    White 4
    D Co 3-103 AR

and proud of it.

Maybe I should have said main battle tanks, if that makes it easier to understand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_battle_tank

A main battle tank (MBT), also known as a battle tank or universal tank, is a tank that fills the armor-protected direct fire and maneuver role of many modern armies.

Basically it's the heaviest type of tank there is.
    I mean, are there tanks that are NOT considered weapons of war? You guys over there are just so strange to us in the States....

Deleted
    But imperialism is about money, and it has nothing to do with capitalism.
    Imperialism is not about money; it's more about about power, control and influence. Money can bring those but is not the main motivator.