Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Nevermind, being stupid was harder to view on my phone, blue shows the bit that will be lost by casting not vice versa.
    Last edited by mmoc1ba3904029; 2016-06-29 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lyral View Post
    azor raiding with mm

youtube.com/watch?v=4xU6biYKEn4

youtube.com/watch?v=sXAfapgFbUg
    Jeez, that looks so boring now. Mostly hitting two or three buttons the majority of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Jeez, that looks so boring now. Mostly hitting two or three buttons the majority of the time...
    I'm curious how many buttons you are hitting now as MM against a non-gimmick boss? Isn't it the same number of buttons?

Hey guys, I started testing MM yesterday and was confused when I picked the Sidewinder talent.. Am I seeing this right as it replaces arcane and multi shot but it doesnt generate focus and its not spammable? What am I supposed to do to generate focus when picking this talent? Just wait as if I was playing an energy generation class (I guess BM gets in the same category now)?

Also, for AoE purposes, whats the better option right now (for dungeons)? Volley or Barrage? Voley's numbers seem pretty meh (YES I KNOW TUNING ISNT DONE! looking what are your thoughts about the *current* state). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupud View Post
    I'm curious how many buttons you are hitting now as MM against a non-gimmick boss? Isn't it the same number of buttons?
    It might be around the same number of buttons but they are not spaced the same. Keeping Chimaera on CD, weaving in steadies, managing your focus, it just feels more fun than what I'm seeing there (being able to move during it is also helpful, also having more/shorter CDs). In the videos it looks and feels very slow with no real concentration required. I'm not saying MM is what you might consider 'hard' right now, it's not, but that just makes seeing it simplified further hurt even more. BM is the same currently in Legion, feels very empty and over-simplified.

I respect your feeling that its not the same, and I'm not picking on you Pengalor, but it really is nearly the same thing:

1. You still manage focus with Sidewinder / Arcane / Windburst
    2. You still are casting Aimed Shots (they aren't instant now unless you have 4-piece)
    3. You still keep a shot (Marked Shot) on "cooldown"
    4. You still cast as many aimed shots as you can inside of a semi-frequent buff window
    5. Alas, no Kill Shot :-(

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Hey guys, I started testing MM yesterday and was confused when I picked the Sidewinder talent.. Am I seeing this right as it replaces arcane and multi shot but it doesnt generate focus and its not spammable? What am I supposed to do to generate focus when picking this talent? Just wait as if I was playing an energy generation class (I guess BM gets in the same category now)?

Also, for AoE purposes, whats the better option right now (for dungeons)? Volley or Barrage? Voley's numbers seem pretty meh (YES I KNOW TUNING ISNT DONE! looking what are your thoughts about the *current* state). Thanks!
    Sidewinder generates 60 focus and has a 12sec cd that is reduced by haste so its probably closer to 10-10.5 with mythic gear. With gems and haste gear you can get it to 8-9 secs.

Hey I have a question, for those who plan to lvl as marksmanship are you going to use lone wolf or one of the other 2 talents?
    Last edited by Naiker; 2016-06-30 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiker View Post
    Hey I have a question, for those who plan to lvl as marksmanship are you going to use lone wolf or one of the other 2 talents?
    Lone wolf makes it very hard to survive in many situations while leveling so I wouldn't recommend it personally. Black Arrow helps to an extent but having a tenacity pet saved my ass more than once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiker View Post
    Lonewolf and blackarrow works fine.

I've tried marksmanship on pbe and it seems it lost a lot of it's mobility that's why I'm not sure if I should use lone wolf or not (while lvling). Still thinking between marksmanship or beast mastery, not sure what to choose when legion comes out..

Hunter was the class I hated the most, deterrence animation was stupid.
    That crap is gone now I can enjoy hunter.

Long range with mastery scaling? Hell yes, the class look crazyy fun in legion for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    Hunter was the class I hated the most, deterrence animation was stupid.
    That crap is gone now I can enjoy hunter.

Long range with mastery scaling? Hell yes, the class look crazyy fun in legion for pvp.
    You .... You hated the class the most out of all classes because of the 4 second animation of a spell?
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    You .... You hated the class the most out of all classes because of the 4 second animation of a spell?
    Yes, that spell never made sense to me, the whole class is balanced around this 5 second ability of course I'm talking for PvP.

I wouldn't hate it if the animation wasn't bad.

Aspect of the Turtle THIS is old but good animation for this ability effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    yes, that spell never made sense to me, the whole class is balanced around this 5 second ability of course i'm talking for pvp.

I wouldn't hate it if the animation wasn't bad.

Aspect of the turtle this is old but good animation for this ability effect.
    what !?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    what !?!?!?
    Remove deterrence on live and hunter wouldn't be viable at all for arena.
    Inb4 you say do the same with other classes, the result wouldn't be that bad compared to hunters.

It's not that different to be frank.

He's using about 5 abilities, which isn't much less than you have currently.

1) Sidewinders, for focus generation on cooldown. Actually quite comparable to a focusing shot rotation if you remember that from SV back in HM; it's instant cast, but it has the same rhythm of dumping a lot of your focus and then regenerating most of it.

2) Marked Shot, used whenever it's available. Quite a bit like chimaera shot, only less predicatable.

3) Aimed Shot, as your main focus dump

4) Windburst, also quite similar to chimaera. Azor didn't use this as the cooldown came up, might be to prevent overwriting vulnerabiltiy/deadeye stacks since WB also applies that (with the artifact trait). Knowing these boards, someone will no doubt throw a tantrum and stomp me into the ground should this be wrong.

5) Barrage / MoC. In most cases we'll probably be rolling barrage.

Besides those 5 abilities you have your randomish rng things like Lock and Load and Marked Shot procs. And you have to pay attention to your vulnerability window for burst. Assuming you take Patient Sniper, which most people likely will.

Doesn't look half bad to me. At the very least it's looking a lot better than BM

Deleted
    Yet it's fluid and more fun to play than it has ever been in the past.

I do wish aimed shot would mark the target, and not auto shots.

Obviously if that was the case, marked shot would have to be tuned down a bit.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-07-01 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Whats stat prio have people decided to take atm and got better results numbers from atm with testing, hitting dummy or w/e?

I have only really tried Mastery > Crit atm - Did see someone suggesting Haste the other day but un sure on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    Whats stat prio have people decided to take atm and got better results numbers from atm with testing, hitting dummy or w/e?

I have only really tried Mastery > Crit atm - Did see someone suggesting Haste the other day but un sure on that.
    I've seen two simc numbers that make sense, and that I like. a Haste Build and a Mastery build, with Crit being our lowest stats. Haste build gives faster Sidewinder regen, Mast build harder hitting focus costing spell damage.

Bottom of this page has stat weights.
    https://trueshotlodge.ca/forums/index.php?topic=42.0