10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

What spoiler?
    This: dude ends up with his sister.

Deleted
    I'd prefer that he end up alone if the only choice is that or his sister. I don't mind if it's one of those step sisters, then I'm all for the "incest" since they are not blood related. I don't even mind if they're cousins, I wouldn't do it, but hey, it's their love.

But an actual sister is too much for me. Maybe it's because I actually do have a younger sister and even the thought of it makes me legit want to slash my wrist.
    I don't have any strong feelings about sibling incest, but that's probably because I'm an only child. Though if we were to switch to mother/son angle.... ugh.

I guess gene programming is strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    This: dude ends up with his sister.
    That wasn't a spoiler since I didn't list name. Those who knew would know what I'm talking about and those who never watched would continue not knowing what anime it was. If anyone needs spoiler, it's the reply with the name on it...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    No, use spoiler tags and tag them properly. There is no ground for discussion here.
    You're being stupid. He was asking a question there. Tag it properly? How in the world?
    some anime I think: The MC died at the end
    Such genius.

Just because of the Swastika? I don't remember which way around is the "non-nazi" one.
    Oh it is backwards, I was drunk and thought it looked like he had a Hitler 'stache too. Also I'm colorblind and assumed it was on a red background but now that my f.lux isn't on it's more obvious it's black now.

Deleted
    No, we've had this stupid discussion too many times to give anyone any leeway on this. People got spoiled on shows in the past because some people are simply inept and we're not going to have that again.
    Oh, but I'm requesting you provide a solution to this stupid problem you've got here. How do you tag a question asking about an anime's story?

Which of these do you think would work best?
    some anime I think: where that one guy died?
    that one anime I don't remember the title of: where that one guy died?
    what was this anime called: where that one guy died?
    that one series: where that one guy died?
    an anime: where that one guy died?
    some title probably: where that one guy died?
    a series from '90s I think: where that one guy died?
    what was it called: where that one guy died?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "Nears"? Pahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Pretty sure it was reported to be "near" the ending just before the current arc started.

That said, given what is going on, it actually could be. Hopefully he doesn't rush an ending, though.
    The announcement back in 2012? was that it entered the final arc.

10+ Year Old Account

No, use spoiler tags and tag them properly. There is no ground for discussion here.

That would be like saying "I like the anime where that cool main character dies at the end." is a spoiler and that I should tag it as such.

How do you know what anime it is unless I name it. ei Cowboy Bebop?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

No, we've had this stupid discussion too many times to give anyone any leeway on this. People got spoiled on shows in the past because some people are simply inept and we're not going to have that again..
    Regardless, no need to be so rude. At least tell him why as well, not just "this is this, do it or get out".

@Saverem, we use spoiler tags for pretty much everything, because as Goriq said, people get spoiled and it's just simply not fair. Just use them to be safe rather than sorry, kind of a common courtesy thing we do around here. If you're not sure how to use them, you just wrap the text you want to tag with the [spoiler][/spoiler] code around it.

Edit: And no, I didn't see an issue with his post. Just info for the future.

Why would you post about an anime and not give any details as to what anime it is? Or have the common courtesy to name it outright?

[Insert anime here]: Insert spoiler here.

Based spoiler tags.

There is an edit option here, just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Regardless, no need to be so rude. At least tell him why as well, not just "this is this, do it or get out".

@Saverem, we use spoiler tags for pretty much everything, because as Goriq said, people get spoiled and it's just simply not fair. Just use them to be safe rather than sorry, kind of a common courtesy thing we do around here. If you're not sure how to use them, you just wrap the text you want to tag with the [spoiler][/spoiler] code around it.

Edit: And no, I didn't see an issue with his post. Just info for the future.
    But how does that make sense on a question? I asked a question as to the ID of that particular anime. If I censor it, how would the person know whether they've seen it or not unless they read what the question was? Doesn't make sense.

The answer to the question is what should be spoiler tagged.

>rude
    yeah.

As we've seen in the past, people won't get it unless you tell them that way.
    Yeah, you were rude. All that does is cause needless conflict and serve to drive people away from here. Someone is more likely to respond in a positive way if you're not rude and disrespectful from the get-go.

Sure, people come in here often without knowledge of spoiler tags and how to use them, you're correct about that. That doesn't give you the right to jump down their throats for it, it means you give them advice on how to fix it to make sure the problem doesn't happen again. They're new and they don't know - you can't fault them for that.

But how does that make sense on a question? I asked a question as to the ID of that particular anime. If I censor it, how would the person know whether they've seen it or not unless they read what the question was? Doesn't make sense.

The answer to the question is what should be spoiler tagged.
    Nah, you were fine. Just giving you a heads up for the future when discussing things since, as has been said, a lot of people who come here don't know that the spoiler tags exist at aLL.

this thread right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Nah, you were fine. Just giving you a heads up for the future when discussing things since, as has been said, a lot of people who come here don't know that the spoiler tags exist at aLL.

Got it, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    His reply already shows that he doesn't get it, but I'm gonna give it a rest.
    If you were referring to me, then you are wrong. I get when to use spoiler tags, I just didn't need to use it that time because it was a vague statement. Just saying "That anime where guy ends up with his sister at the end" doesn't spoil anything. Just like "That anime where the guy was really a girl all along" or "That funny anime with the bald guy who wore a funny Oppai sweat shirt on that one episode."

If you were referring to me, then you are wrong. I get when to use spoiler tags, I just didn't need to use it that time because it was a vague statement. Just saying "That anime where guy ends up with his sister at the end" doesn't spoil anything. Just like "That anime where the guy was really a girl all along" or "That funny anime with the bald guy who wore a funny Oppai sweat shirt on that one episode."
    Please every (sensible) person would know who Saitama is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, just stopping by to say that I've been signed on by C9 for their Overwatch team and I'll be competing in the eSports world championship this fall at Blizzcon. If you want to see my extreme skill firsthand please follow me on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/daitalianfish where I'll be streaming every night at top competitive MMR alongside other pro Overwatch players.

Thanks see you later.

Advertising is against the rules here.
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2016-06-30 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Please every (sensible) person would know who Saitama is.
    If they know, then it's not a spoiler to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Hi guys, just stopping by to say that I've been signed on by C9 for their Overwatch team and I'll be competing in the eSports world championship this fall at Blizzcon. If you want to see my extreme skill firsthand please follow me on twitch at DELETED where I'll be streaming every night at top competitive MMR alongside other pro Overwatch players.

Thanks see you later.
    People still play that game? Also, thanks for the against ToS ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Hi guys, just stopping by to say that I've been signed on by C9 for their Overwatch team and I'll be competing in the eSports world championship this fall at Blizzcon. If you want to see my extreme skill firsthand please follow me on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/daitalianfish where I'll be streaming every night at top competitive MMR alongside other pro Overwatch players.

Thanks see you later.
    Sesto stop being a shit