Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hillary Super-PAC Takes Illegal Money In Broad Daylight

A super-PAC supporting Hillary Clinton has accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign donations that are specifically banned by federal law. They don’t seem to care about the law, possibly because it hasn’t been enforced. Cenk Uygur and John Iadarola (ThinkTank), hosts of The Young Turks, break it down. Tell us what you think in the comment section below.

"A super-PAC backing Hillary Clinton has accepted $200,000 in donations from a company holding multiple contracts with the federal government — despite a ban on such contributions.

According to a review of contributions by The Hill, Boston-based Suffolk Construction made two contributions of $100,000 to Priorities USA, which is backing the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee...

A review of campaign finance records by The Hill shows that the practice of skirting or openly flouting the contractor ban has become widespread in both congressional and presidential politics.

There are multiple reasons why the law is ignored.

Some lawyers believe the prohibition on a contractor giving to a super-PAC is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court has never issued a ruling on the specific matter.”*
    http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...nned-donations

Good old crooked Hillary at it again

10+ Year Old Account
    A review of campaign finance records by The Hill shows that the practice of skirting or openly flouting the contractor ban has become widespread in both congressional and presidential politics.
    So why are you singling out Clinton as some awful, terrible person for it? I'm not saying it is right, but it seems ridiculous to attack one person over it when apparently they all do it anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So why are you singling out Clinton as some awful, terrible person for it? I'm not saying it is right, but it seems ridiculous to attack one person over it when apparently they all do it anyway.
    Well, she is unique in that she's the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by philwasted View Post
    In addition to what Darsithis said, it's not like Hillary herself did this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Reminds me of when Ted Cruz was filmed physically handing someone a couple hundred bucks at a rally.

- - - Updated - - -

Because if Trump did this it would be on every news channel, 24/7. Hillary does it and the public goes "oh that Hillary!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, Hilldog cant break the law. Shes never broken a law, even when she has.

Also there's the point where Clinton doesn't run this super PAC so she's not directly responsible for the money they accept. Whoever is in charge of it is.

I thought that was supposed to be "freedom of speech".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    Reminds me of when Ted Cruz was filmed physically handing someone a couple hundred bucks at a rally.

- - - Updated - - -

Because if Trump did this it would be on every news channel, 24/7. Hillary does it and the public goes "oh that Hillary!"
    Hillary didn't do this. A group of people, of which she was not a member, did this.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Hillary didn't do this. A group of people, of which she was not a member, did this.
    Shhh, the logic can't penetrate the thickness of their skull.

1. She is the presumptive Democratic nominee.
    2. if Trump did this it would be on every where, Shillary does it who cares

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    In addition to what Darsithis said, it's not like Hillary herself did this.
    Nope just her SUPERPAC that backs her

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I thought that was supposed to be "freedom of speech".
    it is but it is also a big no no if you got government contracts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Nah, Hilldog cant break the law. Shes never broken a law, even when she has.
    nah brah thats just the GOP out to get old Crooked Hillary

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Shhh, the logic can't penetrate the thickness of their skull.
    PRetty much its sad

7+ Year Old Account
    1. She is the presumptive Democratic nominee.
    2. if Trump did this it would be on every where, Shillary does it who cares

- - - Updated - - -

Nope just her SUPERPAC that backs her
    What? Evert negative thing Hillary does is put in an outlet and inmediatly published in mainstream media. This must be the 20th site that I've encountered today that reported it. Its just that people are no longer interested in whatever Hillary does. In that sense she is kinda boring, unlike Trump whose actions and reactions are interesting enough for people to care.

Hillary does not run her super PACS, you know that, right?

I hope the super PAC is prosecuted, as are those that donated illegally. That's messed up.

Compared to Trump, where his actual campaign is illegally soliciting donations from foreign government officials : 3

That's what they do. Let's just face it, the right and the left are just awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I hope the super PAC is prosecuted, as are those that donated illegally. That's messed up.

Compared to Trump, where his actual campaign is illegally soliciting donations from foreign government officials : 3
    See this and the OP are the examples of why our political system is just awful and the people supporting them blindly are. "Oh no Hillary can't control where her money is coming from! But hey look where this guy is getting his money! SHAME!" Yeah, no they're both equally wrong, sorry.

Is there anything worse than a forum moderator who pretends to be impartial and unbiased but isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    See this and the OP are the examples of why our political system is just awful and the people supporting them blindly are.
    I'd love to see massive campaign finance overhaul and stricter regulations on campaigning in general. Get money out of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    "Oh no Hillary can't control where her money is coming from! But hey look where this guy is getting his money! SHAME!" Yeah, no they're both equally wrong, sorry.
    They're not equal. Hillary is not directly involved in this instance, it's a super PAC that supports her. They're the ones at fault in this instance and I fully support them, and those illegally donating, receive whatever the appropriate punishments are.

In Trumps case, it's actually his campaign soliciting illegal donations from foreign government officials. Not a super PAC that supports him, but his campaign.

Big difference.

Is there anything worse than a forum moderator who pretends to be impartial and unbiased but isn't?
    I was Bernie guy, myself, but I'll take Hillary over Trump, even if I'm not much of a fan of hers. I've made no pretense that I'm "impartial" on the matter. Not sure where you got that from.

But in this instance, even looking objectively at it this issue is squarely on the super PAC engaged in this behavior, while Trumps is squarely on his campaign.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...nned-donations

Wow, you Hil-haters just live in your own little world. It must be fun to ignore facts and logic and just lay into people. I guess that's how your party got Trump'd!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like blaming Hillary because someone with a Clinton 2016 bumper sticker ran over your dog....
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I'd love to see massive campaign finance overhaul and stricter regulations on campaigning in general. Get money out of politics.

They're not equal. Hillary is not directly involved in this instance, it's a super PAC that supports her. They're the ones at fault in this instance and I fully support them, and those illegally donating, receive whatever the appropriate punishments are.

In Trumps case, it's actually his campaign soliciting illegal donations from foreign government officials. Not a super PAC that supports him, but his campaign.

Big difference.

I was Bernie guy, myself, but I'll take Hillary over Trump, even if I'm not much of a fan of hers. I've made no pretense that I'm "impartial" on the matter. Not sure where you got that from.

But in this instance, even looking objectively at it this issue is squarely on the super PAC engaged in this behavior, while Trumps is squarely on his campaign.
    Implying Hillary likely wasn't aware of the actions of this super PAC is an impressive level of cognitive dissonance, especially considering her habit of doing this sort of thing in the past.

Additionally Trump broke a rule by sending letters, not accepting money. I hope you understand the difference between asking for money and actually getting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying Hillary likely wasn't aware of the actions of this super PAC is an impressive level of cognitive dissonance, especially considering her habit of doing this sort of thing in the past.

Additionally Trump broke a rule by sending letters, not accepting money. I hope you understand the difference between asking for money and actually getting it.
    Got anything to backup the accusation that Hillary is illegally colluding with the PAC? There are valid, reality based reasons to dislike her, but come on...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-