Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    You're truly naive if you think that Russian layered AA defense would be a major obstacle in achieving air superiority.

Their layered defense was proven absolutely useless in the 80's when their state of the art SAM Network in Syria (same network that was used for the defense of Moscow) was a mere pile of burning heap in a span of two hours.

Individual systems improved since, but so does measures to counter them.
    You are truly naive if you think that

a) Russia will just watch and not cover with their airforce
    b) Systems then are prehistoric in comparison to systems now and lastly
    c) The quantity and personnel that operates them are completely different.

I shouldn't even been responding to silly arguments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post

Hurts i know, Russia str0nk foundation is shaking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's cute. You do realise that nobody comes even close to the AK gun sales of the soviet union, right? RPGs from Russia are found on every battlefield with these insurgencies. It's not ours, it's yours. Apart from Iraq, none of those countries are having domestic civil wars going on. And none of them are fighting each other. What a pathetic attempt to twist what I said and then pretend the facts match your narrative. You're the evil gun dealer that pits both sides against each other for profit. No morals or ethics at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Both are in NATO and hardly fighting each other... but go on, I'm waiting for your big argument.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.550_Magic

From the wiki article:

On 8 October 1996, 7 months after the escalation over Imia/Kardak a Greek Mirage 2000 fired an R550 Magic II and shot down a Turkish F-16D[3] over the Aegean Sea. The Turkish pilot died, while the co-pilot ejected and was rescued by Greek forces.[4][5] In August 2012, after the downing of a RF-4E on the Syrian Coast, in response to a parliamentary question, Turkish Defence Minister İsmet Yılmaz confirmed that Turkish F-16D Block 40 (s/n 91-0023) of 192 Filo was shot down by a Greek Mirage 2000 with an R.550 Magic II on 8 October 1996 after violating Greek airspace near Chios island.[6]

And since I am former military,allow me to know more about the "hardly fighting" subject

Hurts i know, Russia str0nk foundation is shaking.
    It must hurt a lot that a country that prefers to build bombs, planes and ships rather than feeding their own people, sending their children to school or providing medicare can't invade their own "existential threat, existential enemy" and needs to hide behind an alliance.

Ohhh poor Americans, its ok.

It must hurt a lot that a country that prefers to build bombs, planes and ships rather than feeding their own people, sending their children to school or providing medicare can't invade their own "existential threat, existential enemy" and needs to hide behind an alliance.

I am not an American.

Still amusing though, Russian str0nk foundation shook again, this time 5 on Richter Scale.

I am not an American.

Still amusing though, Russian str0nk foundation shook again, this time 5 on Richter Scale.
    I am not Russian and apparently there is no way anyone can hold a conversation with you =)

Back off Russia, selling to both sides of a conflict is OUR fucking job...

10+ Year Old Account

The US fails to feed its people? Keep going, Ulmita, this is priceless!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    TLDR: American allies in Asia use Russian technology for defence and develop their arms in joint enterprise with Russia.
    Clearly another Russian aggression™ that South Korea uses Russian technology instead of US junk (sorry, "super duper equipment").

10+ Year Old Account
    I know simple logic is hard for you, so let me explain that simple"ier" for you.

Moscow is developing an A/A system to seal off skies above cities, so lets say it put it around Moscow to defend it from incoming ICBM warheads.
    Please explain me how S-500 range isn't enough to defend Moscow..

Again you are saying nothing but nonsense.
    I know this is a hard concept, so lets make it stupidly simple for you. Which is better, a rifle or a pistol in open ground (especially if the rifle potentially only has to hit one target and the pistol 10)?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see you trying to send some airplanes inside Russia land to contact the said SEAD.
    No need to enter Russian airspace to begin to conduct SEAD.

- - - Updated - - -

Sinai, 1973. Beqqa 1982.