Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just curious, to all those that have done 'Everything' - What do you do now in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerastes View Post
    Just curious, to all those that have done 'Everything' - What do you do now in the game?
    We have a few that still do some PVP and only one raid group left (from 4) that run the HM OPS for the 224 set gear for alts at this point.

If it wasn't for the set bonuses for alts, we wouldn't even be doing that. If it was re-running any content just for cosmetics as this event is, there just isn't enough incentive and our guild would have long since died out.

And to be very truthful, it's got to the point of re-running OPS has reached the end of it's life cycle after this long. Most are at the point of having complete set bonuses for every AC. Even set bonuses haven't been enough to get our group every week. So thats dying out as well.

Re-doing the same OPS content has reached the end of it's life-cycle. Re-doing the rest of the game is well past something our guys touch. SWTOR is losing them.

Some content has a longer life span than others (OPS being one thing, PVP another). The LS/DS fiasco isn't one of them.

Re-running the story which you already know isn't exciting. You know the outcome no matter what you choose.
    Re-doing all 6 crafting professions. Get real
    Re-doing every FP, Solo/tactical then redoing all 22 again in HM. Finished that Achievement long ago.

At this point in the game it's just not worth it to do it again and the rewards they plan to hand out are not all that great to start with but you also have such a small chance at any of the rare things because after all, there isn't a chance in hell BW would give out those platinum rares so easily.

The whole thing is poorly put together.

If you're a new gamers to SWTOR it's a bit more enticing but for veterans it's crap. At a minimum it needed to satisfy both sides of that fence and it doesn't.

Thats why it fails to satisfy.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-27 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerastes View Post
    Nothing. I only resub every couple of months to play the most recently released KotFE chapters and that's it, which takes like a day..maybe 2 or three depending on how much time I can play. But that still leaves me with 25+ days of sub time, which is when I would typically make a new character and then just blow through the character and planet main stories to get to 50 for the fun of it.

That's why at first this LS/DS event didn't seem so bad, because simply playing a character is something I would have done anyway. However, the level of commitment required to reach some of these LS/DS levels is o the level of a dedicated MMO gamer, playing SW:ToR all the time for at least 2 months if they didn't "no-life" it. For those of us who just look to SW:ToR as a fun game to play every now and then at this point because we've literally already dedicated that much time to this game and have accomplished everything this LS/DS event sets up as a goal... the prospect of doing it all again through the SAME CONTENT, at the expense of playing other, better, more fleshed out, more populated games is fucking retarded.

I lost a few names way back when they merged servers, so maybe I'll rebuild a couple alts with the new "space allowed" names..

I never did make a dark side sith warrior, I could make a rat bastard emperor loyal Wrath!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Boo hoo? Don't play it?

This is what I point out as a main source of MMO community toxicity these days, everyone feels entitled to everything.
    This isn't toxicity, they're legit questions. It's pointing out that this event is CLEARLY only aimed at getting new players into the game and gives a big finger to the veterans who have been supporting their game up to this point, and is the entire reason they're even able to put on these jokes of an "event."

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    The WoW patch in November that added valor and basically nothing else was technically more content.
    Yes. You're absolutely right. Blizzard did give us (back) Valor [Upgrades]. Now please tell me where I said Blizzard gave us nothing. I'll be surprised if you can, because I said it's "more than WoW's done in the last solid year." In the last solid year Blizzard opened up more Timewalking Dungeons and reopened item upgrades. So rehash old content, and reopen old content. Pointing this out is like correcting someone calling the sky blue with "No, it's Indigo!"

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    If you can't you're either trolling, stupid, or a super fanboy.
    I find this funny that you place yourself on a high horse because you think you can see the point of the unjustified complaining.

First off, it's a game. By definition, it's a waste of time. So people complaining about "busy work" in a game are complaining just to complain. If they can't admit that, then they have a problem.

F2P people don't have a leg to stand on. They literally have zero right to complain about anything what-so-ever. They're taking something and giving nothing in return. This game isn't forced upon them, they willfully choose to play it of their own free will. What they can and can not do are clearly laid out, so being surprised that something is gated behind an activity they're restricted from lies wholly on them.

Subscribers (which I am) have a little room to complain, but then even that's complaining to complain. I personally don't like how short these story chapters are, I think it's an insult really. I personally wish more effort went into content that wasn't sold from the Cartel Market. But then I have the option of not being a subscriber, and I can speak with my wallet- which is literally the only language EA understands. As for raids/dungeons... I'm sorry, but have you forgotten who the publishers of this game are? Anyone that thinks EA is going to crank out new multi-player content on a regular basis is profoundly ignorant.

There really is nothing to complain about here. Don't like the rewards? Don't participate. Don't like that some of the rewards are gated behind, for a lack of a better term, pay walls? Don't pay. Don't like the fact it's running old content? Don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazurath View Post
    Yes. You're absolutely right. Blizzard did give us (back) Valor [Upgrades]. Now please tell me where I said Blizzard gave us nothing. I'll be surprised if you can, because I said it's "more than WoW's done in the last solid year." In the last solid year Blizzard opened up more Timewalking Dungeons and reopened item upgrades. So rehash old content, and reopen old content. Pointing this out is like correcting someone calling the sky blue with "No, it's Indigo!"

I find this funny that you place yourself on a high horse because you think you can see the point of the unjustified complaining.

First off, it's a game. By definition, it's a waste of time. So people complaining about "busy work" in a game are complaining just to complain. If they can't admit that, then they have a problem.

F2P people don't have a leg to stand on. They literally have zero right to complain about anything what-so-ever. They're taking something and giving nothing in return. This game isn't forced upon them, they willfully choose to play it of their own free will. What they can and can not do are clearly laid out, so being surprised that something is gated behind an activity they're restricted from lies wholly on them.

Subscribers (which I am) have a little room to complain, but then even that's complaining to complain. I personally don't like how short these story chapters are, I think it's an insult really. I personally wish more effort went into content that wasn't sold from the Cartel Market. But then I have the option of not being a subscriber, and I can speak with my wallet- which is literally the only language EA understands. As for raids/dungeons... I'm sorry, but have you forgotten who the publishers of this game are? Anyone that thinks EA is going to crank out new multi-player content on a regular basis is profoundly ignorant.

There really is nothing to complain about here. Don't like the rewards? Don't participate. Don't like that some of the rewards are gated behind, for a lack of a better term, pay walls? Don't pay. Don't like the fact it's running old content? Don't play.
    Valor isn't new for the game, but it was new for WoD and it opened up something new for players to do. Something that wasn't completed in 45 mins. It gave another way to upgrade the legendary ring and the item level increases helped raiders kill new bosses and helped other players increase their Ilvl to potentially access content they couldn't before. This would be like BW adding a way for non-raiders to slowly farm set bonuses outside of a raid, or for raiders to upgrade their ilvl outside of targeted HM/NiM.

It's not exciting, but it's something "new" and useful for character progression

The only high horse here seems to be yours. You don't feel there is grounds to complain so no one can feel that way? Give me a break...

By your own admission subs have at least some room to be unhappy. Their monthly fee only seems to get them a short hour long chapter each month. Now people who are fairly recent subs probably don't have a lot of complaints about this event because they probably haven't done most of it before. Long-term subs absolutely have the right to be unhappy. This event is just BW asking them to continue subbing for the next few months that won't have a new chapter release by trying to re-incentivize the same content that some of them have been running for years. I doubt most F2P people are complaining... most of them probably don't even know there is an event, and most of them haven't done most of these things before, so it's a win for them.

I agree the outrage is a bit over the top. People should have come to expect this level of fail by now. I don't think this should be shocking to anyone after all these years. That being said... I can absolutely understand why those who have been subbing for 3+ years would feel angry that they basically haven't seen new end-game content since December of 2014. Yeah they get short chapters, EC, and Star Fortresses... but those aren't things most people repeat 20+ times. New daily areas, FPs, Ops are.

If you honestly can't see how another player might feel like their continued sub is a waste and that they would be disappointed for not seeing new end-game content after all this time then I think those 3 options are pretty fair. You don't have to agree with it, but if you can't even see where someone might feel justified being unhappy...
    Last edited by Treeba; 2016-06-28 at 05:54 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This isn't toxicity, they're legit questions. It's pointing out that this event is CLEARLY only aimed at getting new players into the game and gives a big finger to the veterans who have been supporting their game up to this point, and is the entire reason they're even able to put on these jokes of an "event."
    Been playing since Beta, I look forward to this Event. so... ?

Been playing since beta as well. This fiasco of an event is very much a middle finger to people that have been playing for years.

You'd think BW could make something that would work for both new and veterans but "F" no. That would take some actual effort. SO.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Been playing since beta as well. This fiasco of an event is very much a middle finger to people that have been playing for years.
    I feel no Middle finger. So....?

You ignoring it doesn't mean it's not there. So...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    You ignoring it doesn't mean it's not there. So...
    Ignoring something that doesn't exist doesn't sound logical.

You acting like Bioware has slighted you in some personal way is laughable.

Ignoring something that doesn't exist doesn't sound logical.

You acting like Bioware has slighted you in some personal way is laughable.
    And yet you ignoring something when it does exist is foolish. You fall into that category.

You act as if at this point gamers shouldn't have an issue with an event that brings nothing to the table to help where the game is lacking and does indeed tell older, supportive gamers they mean little. Just the new people matter.

You acting like BW is hitting the target with this is moronic. At best, BW gave you busy work for something you have more than done a few times.

Again, you not seeing or accepting how poorly this event shows off swtor and how it tells veteran gamers to go screw themselves doesn't really matter. It's still there and it is indeed a middle finger to long time gamers.

There is nothing personal about this. It's just poor business. Even you can't be so blind to not see it at this point in the game.

It's bad enough to rely on rehashed content in any MMO and SWTOR is one of the worst at that.

So give something for both sides to make them feel like your game is worth playing and worth staying in. BW isn't doing a good job for the latter.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-28 at 12:58 PM.

Good for you?

This event is very much intended, and aimed at, bringing in new players. The fact that you are looking forward to it doesn't change that. I, and many others I'm sure, already have 8 level 50+ characters, 4 of which are level 65 (2 Imp, 2 Pub) and have played through the entire KotFE on all of them. I already meet the requirement for Legendary level for this event but because I didn't do it on LS/DS characters it doesn't count.

Yes, for people who haven't done it all, and would be doing some of this anyway....the "event" is awesome.

Honestly, the issue isn't really the "event" it's that their calling JUST PLAYING THE NORMAL GAME WITH NO ADDED CONTENT an event. When people like me (and you) have already been doing this and supporting them this entire time.

I'm not hating on the event, I think it's a good idea for them....but I can't help but feel a little slighted when they spend time putting shit like this together without providing any additional new content rather than actually creating new content. KotFE chapters are quaint...but 20 minutes of game play a month for 14.99 (or whatever you pay for it) is kind of a joke.

Good for you?

This event is very much intended, and aimed at, bringing in new players. The fact that you are looking forward to it doesn't change that. I, and many others I'm sure, already have 8 level 50+ characters, 4 of which are level 65 (2 Imp, 2 Pub) and have played through the entire KotFE on all of them. I already meet the requirement for Legendary level for this event but because I didn't do it on LS/DS characters it doesn't count.
    The thing is, it's not like they can just start the event and give you all the awards since you did the stuff before. Sure, at the same time, asking you to do it all over again is silly, but their lack of a good solution isn't some personal attack, it's just bad planning.

Not that you were taking it personally, just saying.
    Last edited by Svifnymr; 2016-06-28 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The thing is, it's not like they can just start the event and give you all the awards since you did the stuff before. Sure, at the same time, asking you to do it all over again is silly, but their lack of a good solution isn't some personal attack, it's just bad planning.

Not that you were taking it personally, just saying.
    The point i'm more trying to make is that, given EA's past history, I don't think it was bad planning, I think this was deliberate. I'm under no delusions that EA did this to spite ME, I think they did it because their bottom line is getting new players and their money because they already have the loyal veterans money so they don't feel like they need to or should cater to them. They could have coded it to look at existing characters, their achievements, etc... and applied the LS/DS levels to them... but instead came up with an entirely new type of character flag (LS/DS) specifically for this event so that this wouldn't apply retroactively. You HAVE to create a new character and flag it as a LS/DS event character for any of the stuff to counts towards the event. That reeks of new player favoritism. Especially since you can't even complete 1/3 of the achievement without subscribing to get access to the expansions and the KotFE chapters, the number of character slots needed to complete the achievement, and the credit amount required to get the credits earned and credits spent achievements (yeah you could get the unlocks but that's not very realistic for most people...subbing for a month is infintely easier than trying to get GTN credit cap increases especially since you have to sub to get the rest of the crap anyway.

Favoring new players in and of itself is not a bad thing, but making it so blatantly obvious that this is aimed at new players all while seemingly ignoring older players who have been playing this exact same content (aside from the laughably short KotFE chapters...I enjoy them for what they are, they're fun and pretty well done, but c'mon they ARE short) is just....I don't know, insulting? The people who have been playing this game have been the ones supporting this game for a while, and those players aren't getting any new content to show for it while EA caters to new players left and right...the ones who haven't given them a dime yet.

You have just gotten so used to Bioware giving it to you over the years you don't notice it now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You have just gotten so used to Bioware giving it to you over the years you don't notice it now.
    I imagined he thinks BW is telling him he's, "Number One" in their eyes.

Alomst like there telling all their long time subbers their number one as well.

[cough]butwerenot[cough]

The point i'm more trying to make is that, given EA's past history, I don't think it was bad planning, I think this was deliberate. I'm under no delusions that EA did this to spite ME, I think they did it because their bottom line is getting new players and their money because they already have the loyal veterans money so they don't feel like they need to or should cater to them.
    I think their TOR team has to make content with their resources that make them a good rate of return for the investment, so they get behind. They tossed out this "event" because it's easy to roll out.

They could have coded it to look at existing characters, their achievements, etc... and applied the LS/DS levels to them... but instead came up with an entirely new type of character flag (LS/DS) specifically for this event so that this wouldn't apply retroactively.
    Right, like I said, it's kind of pointless for them to come up with an event and retroactively give you the win. You gain nothing. Could they have given older players a consolation prize? Sure, but using your system there's no point in rolling out the event because you wouldn't be DOING anything, just reaping past benefits. Could they have given a "partial credit" for folks you have partway? Maybe, but does spending more resources to reward folks for what they did sometime in the past really make a lot of sense?

You HAVE to create a new character and flag it as a LS/DS event character for any of the stuff to counts towards the event. That reeks of new player favoritism. Especially since you can't even complete 1/3 of the achievement without subscribing to get access to the expansions and the KotFE chapters, the number of character slots needed to complete the achievement, and the credit amount required to get the credits earned and credits spent achievements (yeah you could get the unlocks but that's not very realistic for most people...subbing for a month is infintely easier than trying to get GTN credit cap increases especially since you have to sub to get the rest of the crap anyway.

Favoring new players in and of itself is not a bad thing, but making it so blatantly obvious that this is aimed at new players all while seemingly ignoring older players who have been playing this exact same content (aside from the laughably short KotFE chapters...I enjoy them for what they are, they're fun and pretty well done, but c'mon they ARE short) is just....I don't know, insulting? The people who have been playing this game have been the ones supporting this game for a while, and those players aren't getting any new content to show for it while EA caters to new players left and right...the ones who haven't given them a dime yet.
    Well, again, you're getting nothing new, though the new players aren't getting anything new either. Did you accuse them of insulting you when they didn't give any new content for 6 months during any given stretch? Because it's the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Some folks enjoy leveling and stuff anyway, so now they're being rewarded for their behavior. Why would they consider it an insult? I don't raid, so the lack of new raids is not an insult to me, for example. I just don't think "no new content" is an insult, it's just a reason to not play.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Well, again, you're getting nothing new, though the new players aren't getting anything new either. Did you accuse them of insulting you when they didn't give any new content for 6 months during any given stretch? Because it's the same thing.
    Insulting may not have been the correct word choice, which is why I put a ? behind it, sorry that wasn't more clear. I completely understand the reasons behind why and how they rolled out this event, I'm just saying it FELT off, wrong, cheap, bad.... just didn't make me feel good about it, but not really bad either just...blech.