Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Safety measures are one thing. Pondering killing people because, "Well, it's a risk if I don't." is just scary.
    Well if you go back and review the postings, one key thing you'll notice is a majority (if not all) taking a stance against such things do no have kids.

I'm not saying having kids is a requirement, I am just saying having kids raises your "alpha" level (for lack of a better description - yes its cliche, thats fine) to a whole nother' level. Your brain literally recalculates everything wordly a bit different once you have offspring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I don't misunderstand, I was supporting your post.
    Ah ok lol /1234

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    B-e-a-utiful.
    If a fire extinguisher is on hand, and I have reason to believe that someone coming into my house is an arsonist, I will in fact hit him over the head with it. And then properly use the fire extinguisher to extinguish the source of what I believe to be what he will use to burn my house down.

If I am mistaken, I am still within my bounds to defend my home.

If he dies, then I am still within my bounds to defend my home.

I don't understand how you can argue with this. There is no intent to kill. He just happened to die.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2016-06-30 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    If a fire extinguisher is on hand, and I have reason to believe that someone coming into my house is an arsonist, I will in fact hit him over the head with it.
    I prefer the movie angle. Throw it at them, and then shoot it with a gun so it explodes in their face.

Well i live in Canada so i might not have a gun but i would had beaten the crap out of him if i was in her situation. Its absolutely sane to assume he was there for the wrong reasons, specially if he was completely unknown to the family. Humans also still have some animal instincts and being heavily protective of our childs is one of them.

The crazy part is that I grew up in high crime areas, lived in literal crack houses, was mugged, had armed people kick down the door to the place I was living looking for "their money" and so on.

Yet somehow, I actually feel more nervous where I live right now than I did back then. Maybe I was just younger and more naive, but I seriously feel nervous just walking across the street where I live now because I don't know which of these gun-toting people will decide they're "threatened". ><
    There is something else going on with your mental state here (I don't mean that as an insult fyi). Where you got the idea that a law abiding citizen carrying a gun is just going to shoot you for some perceived threat I don't know. I hate to go there, but doesn't that sound a bit paranoid to you?

1) It's Florida.
    I'm beginning to see a pattern.

1) It's Florida.

2) For some weird reason my neighborhood sounds like a warzone constantly. Well, moreso some days than others. It's kinda unnerving at times.

3) Examples like the old man above just waving his gun around. I see that and I feel like I'm one wrong step away from him pulling a, "He's coming right for me!"

I suppose I could list off a few more, but those are the primary things I guess.
    Damn your neighborhood sounds fucked up.

I live in Georgia, one of the most gun lax states in the entire country and I have never encountered anything on these levels.

It's weird because it's a very low crime area.

Maybe that's BECAUSE of the constant gunfire, though.
    Doesn't Florida still allow for backyard shooting ranges? Maybe that is why?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    There is something else going on with your mental state here (I don't mean that as an insult fyi). Where you got the idea that a law abiding citizen carrying a gun is just going to shoot you for some perceived threat I don't know. I hate to go there, but doesn't that sound a bit paranoid to you?
    Everyone's a law abiding citizen, until they aren't .. like the guy that had no significant criminal history, that was suffering from mental issues, that went into this woman's house. You really don't think its possible that the crazy man he's talking about wouldn't shoot because he's a "law abiding citizen"?
    Last edited by dubious_doomhammer; 2016-06-30 at 08:59 PM.

That's more than likely because you probably live in a crack neighborhood like I do. (North Florida says hi.) There are gunshots that make me nervous. But, the police are ALWAYS there to try and trap crackheads going up hill. So, blatant crime isn't big. Even though I was finally able witness to a shooting and not the aftermath a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Everyone's a law abiding citizen, until they aren't .. like the guy that had no significant criminal history, that was suffering from mental issues, that went into this woman's house. You really don't think its possible that the crazy man he's talking about wouldn't shoot because he's a "law abiding citizen"?
    Sorry, I don't think its been confirmed if/what his mental disorder was exactly. So.... it'd be great if you'd quit scapegoating like that. He entered her home with a weapon. So yeah man... thats really all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    You would have ended up dead in a lot of places state-side because not everywhere is the same as Oslo. Wouldn't mind seeing you as the star of a liveleak video, so please do visit us sometime. I suggest Detroit or East St. Louis, wonderful places for someone like you.
    I understand that, but if I lived in Detroit, I wouldn't have gone at all, I guess. I would have just called the cops instantly, because it wouldn't have been worth the risk of checking it out myself.
    Mother pus bucket!

"one sword keeps another in it's sheath"
    but i would like to footnote that that only works on those who are susceptible to fear for their own life.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

Again... for like the upteenth time, its not murder.

The world operates on things call laws. It may be murder in your brain, but the law views it very differently.

The term you are looking for is called Justified Homicide. Whether you like the term is irrelevant. What is relevant is what the law actually dictates.

Oddly enough, in your quote, the guy has a crowbar, which he could easily use to bash someones head in. So your example isn't exactly a shining beacon of "why you should not use a gun".
    I don't want to use "justified" here either. That I still possess an item worth a few hundred bucks is not reason enough, even if he's a burden on society. If I had to defend myself or someone else from imminent danger, then yes, I would have used all the force available to me to stop this person. Anyway, what the law says is NOT always the morally right decision. Laws change over time, to adapt to society. That reminds me, so should an outdated amendment to your constitution. Thomas Jefferson thought so too.
    Regarding the crowbar, it's a lot less lethal than a gun, and since criminals here are rarely armed at all, I went to check out the situation. If I feared he was carrying, I wouldn't have gone up there in the first place. Also, burglars aren't crazed zombies. They want to get free stuff, not blood and murder charges. At least here, they will flee instead of trying to kill if they were confronted.
    Mother pus bucket!

Doesn't really cause me paranoia (unless they wear a mask), but more of a /facepalm. When this country is so deep in gun ownership, the tool ends up used more for crime and violence than self defense. Quite ironic really.

I also don't consider people paranoid just for owning a gun, a friend of mine with several firearms lives life very carefree. He simply owns rifles to shoot at the outdoor range and I'm sure many others treat them as entertainment as well.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

This is why I strongly believe women shouldn't have firearms. They just do not know how to use them properly. This incident proves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't use my car to mow down pedestrians today. I used it to drive to work safely.

Where's MY headline?

And I even had to drive in accordance with the traffic laws I received both training in and required a two-stage test review of, all while clearly maintaining both exterior registration for the vehicle, personal registration bearing testament that I passed the afformentioned training and two-stage review, and further vehicle registration maintaining that the car is indeed mine; all three forms of registration which I have to periodically update.

I mean, look at all that red tape I had to go through to drive a car; surely it's a miracle that Obama hasn't taken it from me yet, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Did we ever verify that he was armed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    This is why I strongly believe women shouldn't have firearms. They just do not know how to use them properly. This incident proves it.
    Yea that's totally not a shitpost.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Hmm, was he drunk and in the wrong house? Did he have early alzheimer's? Or was he intentionally there for wrongdoing?