10+ Year Old Account

Dragon age Inquisition not working.

I start it up, it goes to a black screen with the loading sign in the bottom right and sits there for about 15-30 seconds. Then it closes with no warning or error message. Ive tried a lot like updating .Net framework, closing Amd Gaming evolved, starting it in administrator, reinstalling, and deleting latest save files. I dont know what its doing this, because it worked fine 2 days ago. I sat with EA live chat trying to talk to someone for 2 hours and no one ever came so I gave up. Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Update drivers?
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Update drivers?
    They are up to date. There is a beta driver available, but I doubt that would do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Im probably going to cancel my Origin Access subscription. This game is the main reason I subscribed.

Deleted
    I used to have similar issues; IIRC it helped when i installed older versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio.

Deleted
    I had the same issue, the problem for me was my anti-virus. I had to add DA: I myself as an excpetion to my anti-virus and afte that it worked fine again.

answers.ea. com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Current-Issue-May-2016-AVG-Inquisition-won-t-open-on-PC/m-p/5317868#U5317868
    Last edited by mmoc36657c9d04; 2016-07-01 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tried both of those and it still wont work. All my other Origin games work. Every game on my pc works. Just not this game.

Deleted
    I was like, "hey Dragon Age Inquisition was one of those games I wanted to play, I'll head off to Steam to check how much it's discounted for," then two seconds later remembered it's Origin. Day ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I was like, "hey Dragon Age Inquisition was one of those games I wanted to play, I'll head off to Steam to check how much it's discounted for," then two seconds later remembered it's Origin. Day ruined.
    Hey.
    Mass Effect 3 being origin only allowed me to avoid playing it.
    Marauder Shields.
    Never forget.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Like It worked fine for 2 or 3 days, and then one day I woke up and it wouldn't work anymore. Hasn't worked since. I haven't made any changes to my PC either.

- - - Updated - - -

I did change it to mantle but it still worked after that too once.

I did change it to mantle but it still worked after that too once.
    I'm running an AMD Graphic card too. Turned on Mantle and it worked fine, then the next day I had the exact same issue as you.

I fixed it by switching back to DirectX. Doesn't seem like Mantle is working.

Follow this if you want to switch without opening the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/c...pening/cnfofnq

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use mantle, it's not supported by the drivers anymore... It was abandoned in the wake of DX12 and Vulkan and as such has a lot of issues.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    I've had this too, but I have no idea how I fixed it.

When it happens I just try again 5 minutes later and all of a sudden it works fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯