Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Thrash -> Rake -> Tab -> Rake -> Tab -> Etc.

Unless you've got to deal with A LOT of adds (7-8+).
    This sums up why feral has probably the most shit AoE of all DPS specs... by the time your dots do full dmg everything is already dead.
    You have to tap and apply dots to every mob while a fury warrior just hits one button and he will do more dmg in less time...

Fury, Marksman, Arcane and every other Spec has so much better AoE!

Why would you want a feral druid in a mythic dungeon grp?

Class fantasy
    Lolz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

I would love to see a fix something to the effect of one of the options below:

Option1) Change Brutal Slash to upgrade Swipe to spread our bleeds to all targets hit.
    In this way, you would still rush a single target getting rake and rip up asap - then if talented, your swipe spreads the bleeds to all targets hit.
    Alternatively, have this affect Thrash instead of swipe with an added caveat that it causes thrash to have a short CD (give or take 4-6 sec) - leaving swipe's improved dmg on bleeding targets unchanged.

Option2) I'd love to see ferals get an aoe ability similar to Blade Dance for DHs. I feel like it fits the fantasy well that a feral druid causing "aoe mayhem" would be darting through a group of foes from target to target landing quick bites & slashes. [I get a funny image of the bunny from Monty Python & The Holy Grail in my head for this...fitting]

Similar to my alternative in option1, this feral "Blade Dance" could rake all targets affected or something.

Both of these still fit the feral niche of spreading our dots around as opposed to burst aoe. I realize burst aoe is more the issue, but it isn't the feral theme in my eyes. Thus, at least these options give us the means to effectively spread our bleeds in a more effective manner and in a shorter timespan. Thoughts?

Ferals are better off choosing Balance Affinity and using Sunfire to AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaky View Post
    This sums up why feral has probably the most shit AoE of all DPS specs... by the time your dots do full dmg everything is already dead.
    You have to tap and apply dots to every mob while a fury warrior just hits one button and he will do more dmg in less time...

Fury, Marksman, Arcane and every other Spec has so much better AoE!

Why would you want a feral druid in a mythic dungeon grp?
    Right, why would you want a Warlords of Draenor feral druid in a Legion Mythic Dungeons group.

I guess it's a good thing that Tab-raking is not going to be our standard aoe Design in Legion because Shred and , consequently, swipe were buffed by a hell of a lot. Such that a Swipe cast is going to be worth more than Rake somewhere around 3-5 targets depending on your mastery/artifact traits.

This doesn't even account for the cost reduction that swipe gets with a thrash cast from one of our artifact traits. And then you consider that the Predator talent will give us a boatload of energy to work with for every trash pack.

Feral AoE is one of the most simple and effective setups when the abilities are balanced correctly. The biggest problem in WoD was always that shred being so weak caused swipe to also be weak compared to tab-rake. This is largely no longer the case, barring any crazy tuning changes.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Right, why would you want a Warlords of Draenor feral druid in a Legion Mythic Dungeons group.

I guess it's a good thing that Tab-raking is not going to be our standard aoe Design in Legion because Shred and , consequently, swipe were buffed by a hell of a lot. Such that a Swipe cast is going to be worth more than Rake somewhere around 3-5 targets depending on your mastery/artifact traits.

This doesn't even account for the cost reduction that swipe gets with a thrash cast from one of our artifact traits. And then you consider that the Predator talent will give us a boatload of energy to work with for every trash pack.

Feral AoE is one of the most simple and effective setups when the abilities are balanced correctly. The biggest problem in WoD was always that shred being so weak caused swipe to also be weak compared to tab-rake. This is largely no longer the case, barring any crazy tuning changes.
    It's nice to see someone respond with actual answers derived from experience and not "whyyyy don't they have great AOE like all the other PURE DPS CLASSES!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    It's nice to see someone respond with actual answers derived from experience and not "whyyyy don't they have great AOE like all the other PURE DPS CLASSES!"
    Death Knight is not a pure DPS class yet they have pretty great AoE. Same for paladins, monks, etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    Hybrid DPS AoE should be on par with Pure DPS AoE though, no discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Yes, if my class has an option for DPS it should be a DPS spec and not some shitty version of a DPS spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    No it should not. It is not a requirement for each DPS class to be = as any given situation as any other class. Period. You're 100% wrong, or rather more to the point, naive about this fact.

I'll start with I misspoke in saying "pure dps classes" that was silly of me. What I should have said is "AOE like all other classes".

It is 100% acceptable for X class to be amazing at AOE while Y isn't so great at AOE but solid for ST. Same goes for Specs.
    It adds flavor, it creates decisions that should impact how you go about something. This is to avoid a specific encounter not counting large portions of variable.

Now you're thinking "but ripit, Druids are just really really bad at aoe, that's not ok, that isn't fair you moron". I'm not saying that, I do not have beta club, so I have no notion of the #'s in their own right, all characters should be respectable absolutely - but just because a WW monk is destroying doesn't mean Feral druids need an AOE buff. Likely that fight lines up REALLY well for the Monk or they're a little over turned.

Further, I main a Warrior - for a long, long time now. But my druid is one of my most favorite toons. And I 100% agree It should be on "par" (with in a reasonable amount) of any one else's ST/AOE DPS. However from what Kraineth (Who seems to play a lot of druid it seems) provided answers to both the WoD question and the Legion question.

So you're just disagreeing with me likely for the sake of argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Death Knight is not a pure DPS class yet they have pretty great AoE. Same for paladins, monks, etc
    I apologize I mispoke when I said "PURE dps classes" I needed to say "other classes".

The point of what I said (Not just this one sentence you've decided to target). Is Karedith provided a reasonable response to your question both in WoD and Legion context. So likely you need to alter your skill choices or rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post

Last I heard Swipe did not receive the same 300% increase Shred did. Did that finally get corrected?

The Problem I have is: You have to invest in your artefact,... so if it turns out you are the worst AoE Spec..well you pretty much wasted your time if all you really want is run mythic keystone dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Excuse me??? OP clearly asked for help, please dont insult him

TIL telling the truth is considered an insult.

Neat.

The Problem I have is: You have to invest in your artefact,... so if it turns out you are the worst AoE Spec..well you pretty much wasted your time if all you really want is run mythic keystone dungeons.
    research ahead? look at all realm best times for CM's now.

1 brewmaster 1 blood dk 3 enhancement shamans.

wow 3 specs, all the others can only hope the people on their realm suck.

Yeah but it doesn't take that long to get the first 13 or so points in your artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Backlashe View Post
    TIL telling the truth is considered an insult.

Neat.
    You can be insulting while being honest or telling the truth, yes. "Insulting" isn't the same as "lying". You took this long to figure that out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Njordhorn View Post

Option2) I'd love to see ferals get an aoe ability similar to Blade Dance for DHs. I feel like it fits the fantasy well that a feral druid causing "aoe mayhem" would be darting through a group of foes from target to target landing quick bites & slashes. [I get a funny image of the bunny from Monty Python & The Holy Grail in my head for this...fitting]

Similar to my alternative in option1, this feral "Blade Dance" could rake all targets affected or something.
    I really love that idea. Another thing we should steal from DH is their leap-back/leap-forward combo, seems fitting for a cat.

Deleted
    Apparently Brutal slash was initially designed as an aoe finisher which was a great idea but then at last minute it was changed for some stupid reason to the way it is now. IS there anybody who can post on the American beta forums to try and get some answers on where they are trying to go with feral aoe? tab raking is just not fun.

Brutal Slash is a really worthless talent with 3 Charges...and a 15sec CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Every spec should have at least one good, spammable AoE spell. It's an absolute necessity in some situations.
    Every spec should have... is one of the reasons we ended up with homogenized classes.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Every spec should have... is one of the reasons we ended up with homogenized classes.
    If we would be a lot better in single Target DPS than any other Spec it would make up for it.... but we are a just mediocre Single Target and really Bad AoE DPS Spec.