If your FBlade isn't bringing you back to the boss you haven't properly cleared melee range yet. On larger hitboxes this is difficult to tell manually; you'll want something that shades out your abilities to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Wasn't me who said that; I think it was Kaedis. Based on no math at all I don't think EB is worth ST, even with anguish.

Ah okay I knew someone said it I also agree with you that its not worth it either way. My apologies saying it was you hehe.

Deleted
    fair to say that Havoc works similar to Arms warrior in that you only want to use abilities during momentum the way warriors only want to use stuff during collosal smash.

and anything done without the buff is a dps loss?

If your FBlade isn't bringing you back to the boss you haven't properly cleared melee range yet. On larger hitboxes this is difficult to tell manually; you'll want something that shades out your abilities to tell.
    I dont know... look my first video in 0:15.

Maybe a latency issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Segerr View Post

Maybe a latency issue?
    Probably. I haven't had any issues with it provided melee range is cleared, but I tend to get ~20ms

I noticed today on the beta that you dont get the momentum buff anymore if you cancel the animation with left and right strafe. Also shortening it by running into wall also doesn't grant the buff./
    Last edited by Butosai; 2016-06-30 at 09:31 PM.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    I noticed today on the beta that you dont get the momentum buff anymore if you cancel the animation with left and right strafe. Also shortening it by running into wall also doesn't grant the buff./
    fel rush and momentum are broken as a whole. Not just with cancellation mechanics. VR isnt granting Momentum sometimes. Fel Rush isnt granting momentum or even doing damage sometimes. Its a mess.
    Science the shit out of it!

Yes, don't use Fel Mastery of Momentum right now since it's broken. Wait for a fix.

Greetings to fellow players who are interested in maining DHs in xpac. I got a quick question to the Beta testers: What would you guess/predict Havoc DH standing will be in PVE ST dps compared to other specs, among the top or mid pack? Thx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Greetings to fellow players who are interested in maining DHs in xpac. I got a quick question to the Beta testers: What would you guess/predict Havoc DH standing will be in PVE ST dps compared to other specs, among the top or mid pack? Thx in advance.
    Ask again in 2 months from now. Glad to help.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    This essentially. Waaaaay too hard to give an accurate assumption just yet, still lots of class balancing to be had etc

Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    This essentially. Waaaaay too hard to give an accurate assumption just yet, still lots of class balancing to be had etc
    Yes i know that u can not give me an 100% accurate answer, just simply your prediction =), i wont hold you to it if it will be off once xpac goes live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    in 2 month i will be able to test it for myself =) but since i dont have a beta key nor i want to wait 2 month lol , so i was just wondering =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Yes i know that u can not give me an 100% accurate answer, just simply your prediction =), i wont hold you to it if it will be off once xpac goes live.

- - - Updated - - -

in 2 month i will be able to test it for myself =) but since i dont have a beta key nor i want to wait 2 month lol , so i was just wondering =)
    Currently strong. Prediction? Strong for release. Top? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Veilyn View Post
    Currently strong. Prediction? Strong for release. Top? Probably not.
    Cheers =), i was thinking along similar lines.

Check out the videos posted above, will give you an idea of where they sit at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Segerr View Post

Maybe a latency issue?
    I was having trouble on her with fel blade too, but it does have to do with the game considering you in melee range so the damage goes off but the charge does not, seems the bigger the boss the longer you have to wait after VR to Fel Blade for it to not break. Just gotta learn it on a boss to boss basis really.

Currently most of you are very unhappy about Eye Beam beeing to weak and not good enough for single target. I don't know the exact calculations that were done, but my question is: Is this also still true in case you got Chaos Vision and Anguish of the Deceiver? 15% more damage on Eye Beam + Stacking exploding Debuff seems very viable on ST to me. That would also explain why baseline Eye Beam is not sooo good atm.

It's just you.

Momentum build is bugged, Momentum build is not the only build available.

Demonic-Nemesis, Chaos Blades, Cancer Build (FU, I'm calling it that Una <3).. they're all viableish.
    What's the Demonic-Nemesis build? Like talent choice wise

@Vanyali did you record any logs of that dungeon you did the Throw Glaive/Fel Barrage build in?

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    @Vanyali did you record any logs of that dungeon you did the Throw Glaive/Fel Barrage build in?
    No, when I'm able to run a dungeon again I will but.. it's dungeons. Might hop into an LFR or normal to test it in something that's a tad more real.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudotq View Post
    What's the Demonic-Nemesis build? Like talent choice wise
    Chaos Cleave (or Fel Mastery; doesn't much matter) - Demon Blades (DA for demons) - Felblade (bloodlet also works, FBlood probably too) - Demon Reborn - Nemesis - Chaos Blades

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7d4ZzYn1Wt6HcVRX/

LFR, Tormented Guardians

Chaos Cleave, DA, Bloodlet, SR, FE, MoTG, FBarrage

Main competition DH (pug, so no idea of his skill level, but he was doing fairly well and doing some smart talent swapping):

Chaos Cleave, DA, Fblood, SR, Nemesis, DR, CBlades (Ursoc)

Fel Mastery, Prepared, Felblade, SR, Momentum, DR, CBlades (DoN)

BF, Prepared, Bloodlet, SR, Momentum, MoTG, Demonic (Cenarius)

As expected, I got blown away on Ursoc (ST fight). Just can't compete with that.

However, on AoE (Cenarius) I was able to beat a semi-standard momentum build (!) as well as a non-standard Cblades build. That was not really expected and is a bit intriguing.

Personal conclusions: Fuck FBarrage. It's damage is low as hell, unless there's a lot of AoE, and the recharge is the slowest in existence. Feels nasty. The first is to be expected as it IS an aoe ability, but the recharge rate is criminal. Video that goes with the logs will be up later tonight.
    Last edited by Vanyali; 2016-07-01 at 09:55 PM.