Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So upset they gave rexxar to survival and not BM

He's the OG BM and it's upsetting he's the bodyguard champion for survival hunters ; ;

Lore characters don't really fit into specific specs. Yeah Rexxar has a lot of pets but he is also melee.

He's ranged in HOTS though and I beg to differ lore characters 80% of the time do fit into specific specs

he's mostly melee but he's still beast master, that's obvious to see.

beast master should have really been the melee spec.

idk though, i hate pet management, and i'm loving melee hunter so far. so maybe it's better this way.

? Not really sure what the OP problem is?
    Rexxar is fighting in melee, mostly with his bear, sometimes even without it seems. Atleast I haven't seen him using some stuff like stampede or ranged, HoTs/wc3 stuff, so it kind of makes sense that they classified him as survival.

Now the gnome hunter is also set as survival, but is shooting with a rifle, so perhaps the blizz guy that did the hunter champions has no clue about hunters?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    I also think survival should have been ranged with traps + shit and beast master should have been the melee spec with beasts.

Way I looked at it is that Survival needed a large scale rework to have any sort of thematic direction instead of being fun but being the recycle bin for skills. Beast Mastery, despite being where the melee/pet tag team action would make more sense, is just way too popular of a specialization to force such a drastic change to. Beast Mastery is up there with Retribution Paladin in regards to "things casual players play en masse."

Hell they even seemed to design BM for Legion for the auto shotting LFR audience. Even if it doesn't so much make sense, Hunters still get their melee class, Surv gets its proper overhaul to be more like how they envisioned it when the game began, and BM gets left alone (or made brain dead but that's another topic.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I also think survival should have been ranged with traps + shit and beast master should have been the melee spec with beasts.

Still the best movie in existence.
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Different specs don't get different bodyguards do they?

Well, Blizzard did make the mistake of making Survival the melee Hunter specialization instead of Beast Mastery. What did you expect?

No idea what OP is talking about. I'm running BM with Rexxar as my bodyguard....

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he's mostly melee but he's still beast master, that's obvious to see.

idk though, i hate pet management, and i'm loving melee hunter so far. so maybe it's better this way.
    Thats nice to hear, been wanting to go back to my hunter which i had since vanilla but havent really cared for the ranged aspect since tbc. Now melee might get me huntering again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Way I looked at it is that Survival needed a large scale rework to have any sort of thematic direction instead of being fun but being the recycle bin for skills. Beast Mastery, despite being where the melee/pet tag team action would make more sense, is just way too popular of a specialization to force such a drastic change to. Beast Mastery is up there with Retribution Paladin in regards to "things casual players play en masse."

Hell they even seemed to design BM for Legion for the auto shotting LFR audience. Even if it doesn't so much make sense, Hunters still get their melee class, Surv gets its proper overhaul to be more like how they envisioned it when the game began, and BM gets left alone (or made brain dead but that's another topic.)
    survival didn't need anything besides a rewind to cataclysm.

OP should be more upset that the class is dogshit in legion thanks to some new dev wanting to change everything.

I'm not. I didn't sign up for melee when I rolled Hunter, and the exotic pets = a big part of my style. I'm miffed that they gutted SoO Survival to make it a melee spec, same as they cater MM around those not wanting pets (then play some-fucking-thing else!) but as long as I get to keep my range and my exotic pets I'm good with BM and MM.

"But BM is braindead now lol!"...Hunter has always been marketed by dumb players as the CLASS for bads, and still there's a clear cut difference between players that bother to know the class mechanics, and those that don't. Legion's Hunter, all specs, will be no different. Hell, back in the day when MM rotation was weaving Aimed shot with auto-shot there were those that could and those that couldn't.

It's not like SV and MM are or ever were all that mechanically complex for people with a smidge of can-be-arsed-to-care in them...same as any class.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-06-29 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Thats nice to hear, been wanting to go back to my hunter which i had since vanilla but havent really cared for the ranged aspect since tbc. Now melee might get me huntering again.
    you should get on ptr and give it a shot, it's pretty nice.

as an orc, i've always wanted to be in the fray with my wolf, and it's nice to finally be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    survival didn't need anything besides a rewind to cataclysm.

OP should be more upset that the class is dogshit in legion thanks to some new dev wanting to change everything.
    Survival was a total thematic mess that largely just ended up being a recycle bin for abilities that didn't fit the other two trees but were "sorta huntery." It was the venom/trapping/explosives spec without having much in terms of compelling gameplay to accomplish that. Explosive Shot didn't feel explosive, traps were shit and it got no new ones, and poison was passive.

Even in Cataclysm it wasn't that much different aside from being a borderline static rotation aside from Lock and Load, until you got your 2pc T13 at which point you just popped a few more Arcanes.

It needed a rework but, and as fun as new Surv is, not sure making it melee was what was needed. I would have personally gone more of a saboteur/engineer/tinker route with it since Beast Mastery, abortion of a rework aside, already covers the pet tag team aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm not. I didn't sign up for melee when I rolled Hunter, and the exotic pets = a big part of my style. I'm miffed that they gutted SoO Survival to make it a melee spec, same as they cater MM around those not wanting pets (then play some-fucking-thing else!) but as long as I get to keep my range and my exotic pets I'm good with BM and MM.

"But BM is braindead now lol!"...Hunter has always been marketed by dumb players as the CLASS for bads, and still there's a clear cut difference between players that bother to know the class mechanics, and those that don't. Legion's Hunter, all specs, will be no different. Hell, back in the day when MM rotation was weaving Aimed shot with auto-shot there were those that could and those that couldn't.

It's not like SV and MM are or ever were all that mechanically complex for people with a smidge of can-be-arsed-to-care in them...same as any class.
    I'd argue this to an extent. Hunters have never been particularly difficult but holy hell what they made BM into is an abomination. It's very aesthetically pleasing, which is what I'll give it, but the borderline auto pilot nature of the spec now literally feels like they designed the spec to let those auto shot/Kill Command only Hunters that you see so often in LFR feel like they can do big dick DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post

I'd argue this to an extent. Hunters have never been particularly difficult but holy hell what they made BM into is an abomination. It's very aesthetically pleasing, which is what I'll give it, but the borderline auto pilot nature of the spec now literally feels like they designed the spec to let those auto shot/Kill Command only Hunters that you see so often in LFR feel like they can do big dick DPS.
    You can argue it all you like, there will still be a clear difference between those that can and those that can't. It has been the case since Classic, won't end with Legion.

I see it as a chance to be one of those hunters that shines and proves the "huntard" stamp wrong.

BM should have been melee, Survival should have stayed pet+range+traps so that MM didn't have a pet. Everyone knows it, why they went this route is beyond me although if i had to guess they probably thought having a pet+traps was too much utility or something idiotic like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    BM should have been melee, Survival should have stayed pet+range+traps so that MM didn't have a pet. Everyone knows it, why they went this route is beyond me although if i had to guess they probably thought having a pet+traps was too much utility or something idiotic like that.
    cause all the petopia and casual hunters would be crying that they have to be melee to use their spirit beasts

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    cause all the petopia and casual hunters would be crying that they have to be melee to use their spirit beasts
    Honestly, spirit beasts are just another first world problem. There is no reason to isolate them by spec. MM wouldn't be able to use them either, boo hoo. It should have been:

Beast Master - 2x1h Melee, 2 Pets
    Survival - Ranged, 1 Pet, Traps
    Marksmen - High damaged ranged, CC attacks