Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Congrats to Portugal, hopefully we'll be meeting you in the semi finals
    Thanks Nerph-! I have maximum respect for Belgium so i hope i don't see any Belgium fans saying they will dominate or eliminate us before the game even starts. Of course, i am not counting Wales out yet but i think Belgium will advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Anyway, unless you are from one of the other 6 teams still in the tournament stop the QQ already, you are out.
    I'm not qq'ing - the only qq'ing people are the ones who are salty for Switzerland.

I'm just saying to not use double standarts.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    portugal only "beat" croatia because croatia played terrible and no where near the form they showed earlier in the tournament.
    Rofl!

Noobie meet Adrien, the tamer of the midfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I'm not qq'ing - the only qq'ing people are the ones who are salty for Switzerland.

I'm just saying to not use double standarts.
    What double standards? Portugal didn't play worse than Croatia, if anything we played slightly better. Switzerland played better than Poland. I think everyone saw that but 90% of Polish people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
    Rofl!

Noobie meet Adrien, the tamer of the midfield!

Adrien is playing amazingly, specially against Croatia. He's finally playing for Portugal like he plays for Sporting.

What double standards? Portugal didn't play worse than Croatia, if anything we played slightly better. Switzerland played better than Poland. I think everyone saw that but 90% of Polish people.
    How could thay play better than they scored the goal at the very late time?

The first half was deffinietly belonging to Poland, second was more like 50/50, whre the goal was more of a luck that the ball bounced off the pole right to the net.
    And Poles were the better ones in the penalty shots.

In this match the both teams were playing equally, thos I'd say Polish assaults were more dangerous. Still it's the Portugal that won with penalties. That's the sport for ya.

So yeah don't use double standarts here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways, as far as football goes: Pepe as been a goddamn machine. He's pretty much a fortress in that position of our defense.

The first half was deffinietly belonging to Poland, second was more like 50/50, whre the goal was more of a luck that the ball bounced off the pole right to the net.

In this match the both teams were playing equally, thos I'd say Polish assaults were more dangerous. Still it's the Portugal that won with penalties. That's the sport for ya.

What's the problem, a goal is a goal even if in the last second and it was an amazing goal. Poland had the 1st half. Switzerland had the rest of the game.

Croatia were equal to us not Poland.

Again, it's not double standards (not "standarts"). Want me to check when your players arrive so you can go to the airport in time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Nerph-! I have maximum respect for Belgium so i hope i don't see any Belgium fans saying they will dominate or eliminate us before the game even starts. Of course, i am not counting Wales out yet but i think Belgium will advance.
    You wont from me at least. Belgium might not even beat Wales, football is football, anything can happen and Wales are a good team. As I posted before, I'm happy with how far Belgium have gone, any further is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Anyways, as far as football goes: Pepe as been a goddamn machine. He's pretty much a fortress in that position of our defense.
    Fuck yeah! Really amazing! Pepe and Renato Sanches! Adrien at really high level too. Moutinho entered really well too when Adrien was exhausted. Way better than i expected.

Don't forget Patrício saving the penalty! Ricardo 2004/6 all over again!

What's the problem, a goal is a goal even if in the last second and it was an amazing goal. Poland had the 1st half. Switzerland had the rest of the game.
    Not the rest of the game. The second half was more or less 50/50. Same goes for additional time.

The better team moves forward, that was the case of Poland, and that is the case of Portugal now. End of story.

Croatia were equal to us not Poland.
    More like Iceland and Hungary were equal to Portugal. It's thanks to change of the tournament that Portugal was even able to get out of the first group. So don't talk so highly when Portugal team was not giving that fantastic performance to begin with. Poland at least was able to win some matches, and they were playing as equals to World champions that Germans were. However they still have lots to learn and lots to master. The Poland's problem is that their play is very uneven, but I believe they can work it through.

Again, it's not double standards (not "standarts"). Want me to check when your players arrive so you can go to the airport?
    I have better suggestion- get down from that high horse you're sitting at.

I hope Belgium fucking destroy you just for that "we deserve a title" comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Not the rest of the game. The second half was more or less 50/50. Same goes for additional time.

The better team moves forward, that was the case of Poland, and that is the case of Portugal now. End of story.

More like Iceland and Hungary were equal to Portugal. It's thanks to change of the tournament that Portugal was even able to get out of the first group. So don't talk so highly when Portugal team was not giving that fantastic performance to begin with. Poland at least was able to win some matches, and they were playing as equals to World champions that Germans were. However they still have lots to learn and lots to master. The Poland's problem is that their play is very uneven, but I believe they can work it through.

I have better suggestion- get down from that high horse you're sitting at.
    Not 50/50 after first half. I have the right to my own opinion, don't i?

You wan't to go that way? It's not true but fine...Croatia, Iceland and Hungary and even Austria were equal to Portugal, Portugal was better than Poland so you are inferior to Austria. I am fine with that.

Do i need to explain a 3rd time that the rules were made before the start of the tournament? Also, if you can't defeat the 3rd of the "easiest group" what's the point of drawing Germany? LOL.

Sure, you won 2 games but you lost 1. We didn't lose yet.

I like this horse, i called him, Semi-Final, do you like the name?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    I hope Belgium fucking destroy you just for that "we deserve a title" comment.
    Can't really hear you down there from the round of 16.

Deleted

I think the only reason people say that the Swiss were better than the Polish was that Fabiansky gave a stunning performance, saving many goals from Switzerland. I didn't see that game so I won't comment on it. I maintain that today, Portugal was, on the overall, better than Poland. I never really felt that Poland might be able to score the second goal, Pepe was monstrous on the defense and Poland only scored on our only defensive fail. Also, Poland seemed to be banking on penalty kicks to go through, although that might be a consequence of being physically tired.

Finally, Ronaldo tonight was crowned best player of air football. If he was playing normal football, this wouldn't have gone to penalties.

More like Iceland and Hungary were equal to Portugal. It's thanks to change of the tournament that Portugal was even able to get out of the first group.
    If only the first 2 teams of each group would go through, you wouldn't see teams playing closed and defensively like Iceland and Austria did, they would actually need to win the game, thus giving more space for more quality opportunities. Alas, if pigs had wings, they would fly. What matters is that, against good teams in the Ro16 and quarter finals, we managed to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    It's a shame that he is such a prick on the field, it takes away from the fact that he is a very good defender.

Not 50/50 after first half. I have the right to my own opinion, don't i?

You wan't to go that way? It's not true but fine...Croatia, Iceland and Hungary and even Austria were equal to Portugal, Portugal was better than Poland so you are inferior to Austria. I am fine with that.

Do i need to explain a 3rd time that the rules were made before the start of the tournament? Also, if you can't defeat the 3rd of the "easiest group" what's the point of drawing Germany? LOL.

Sure, you won 2 games but you lost 1. We didn't lose yet.
    Just saying that your performance was not spectacular either, so I wouldn't talk so highly if I were you. We won against Swiss on penatly shots, you won with us. Alright. I'm fine with that that's the sport, and I respect it. However the constant talk that "Swiss was better" is extremly hipocritical to say specially when you're cheering for Portugal.

I'm actually happy that Polish team went this far, and I know they could do better. However, the Swiss tears and all those salty players that are upset about is honestly the best reward yet

I like this horse, i called him, Semi-Final, do you like the name?
    hypocrisy is much more fitting name.

Just saying that your performance was not spectacular either, so I wouldn't talk so highly if I were you. We won against Swiss on penatly shots, you won with us. Alright. I'm fine with that that's the sport, and I respect it. However the constant talk that "Swiss was better" is extremly hipocritical to say specially when you're cheering for Portugal.

I'm actually happy that Polish team went this far, and I know they could do better. However, the Swiss tears and all those salty players that are upset about is honestly the best reward yet

hypocrisy is much more fitting name.
    Again with the "double standar|t|s" / hypocrisy thing? 5 games, we were always the best team. 5 games, you were the best team in 2. So, no, it's not hypocrisy. It's my and many other's opinion. You can respect it or not but please end it already. It's July 1st, don't you have some Polish club to follow through the pre season? Thanks.

Again with the "double standar|t|s" / hypocrisy thing? 5 games, we were always the best team. 5 games, you were the best team in 2. So, no, it's not hypocrisy. It's my and many other's opinion. You can respect it or not but please end it already. It's July 1st, don't you have some Polish club to follow through the pre season? Thanks.
    The best team is the one who wins, if you slide through draws then it's more a matter of either sheer luck, or that the competitor was equal to you somehow.
    How hard is that to understand?

You were slightly better in just two matches- the one wtih Croatia, where you actually managed to win. And with Poland you were only better due to penatly shots, as it was still another draw.

Good luck in next match tho.

Can't really hear you down there from the round of 16.

Love how any negativity towards your boring ass team is immediately met with "lol we're in and ur not kek ur shit etc". Your banter is as stale as franks. Ah well, Ronaldo's knees probably wont last until the next tournament and then your squad is nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

The best team is the one who wins, if you slide through draws then it's more a matter of either sheer luck, or that the competitor was equal to you somehow.
    How hard is that to understand?

You were slightly better in just two matches- the one wtih Croatia, where you actually managed to win. And with Poland you were only better due to penatly shots, as it was still another draw.

Good luck in next match tho.
    Well, when it's a draw it goes to ET and penalties until the best team is found. Some times like in any sport the best team doesn't win tho. In group stages when it's a draw there's statistics and observation to decide who had the edge. That doesn't give points but it can be seen.

We were better than Poland not just in the penalties. Again, IMHO, Croatia gave more fight. Like my fellow Portuguese said the 3 teams in the group stage were super defensive because of the 3rd spot qualification chance.

Anyway, everyone saw what Iceland did to England after everyone joked about Portugal draw with them. There's no weak NTs nowadays, all NT players, even in the countries with weak leagues, the good players get out and play in stronger leagues, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Love how any negativity towards your boring ass team is immediately met with "lol we're in and ur not kek ur shit etc". Your banter is as stale as franks. Ah well, Ronaldo's knees probably wont last until the next tournament and then your squad is nothing.
    Want me to call my draw buddy Iceland? DO YOU?

Lol, take him if you want. Have you seen Renato today? Against Croatia too? Do you know that our youth National Teams are U21-vice champions in the EURO and U17- EURO Champions?

Deleted
    Ah well, Ronaldo's knees probably wont last until the next tournament and then your squad is nothing.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_U...1_Championship
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_F...Knockout_stage
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_U...7_Championship
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_U...Knockout_stage

Ok