Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Blizzard only showed no interest in adding them to the alliance, giving belf players blue eyed options is a choice that makes sense the longer the blood elf story goes on.
    "cough" Deathknight B.elf "cough"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    True, after all, Alliance is entitled to High Elves and Blizzard owes that race to them. But on the other hand, they sure do hate the Alliance, so maybe they will go with spitting in their faces... Hard to say.
    Remember every choice by blizzard is a personal attack on the alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Remember every choice by blizzard is a personal attack on the alliance
    And everything bad that happens to an Alliance player is Blizzard's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Alliance cries alot
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    oooh.. I might know the answer to this one.

In the first case: Blizzard did at some point mention that fel did have other effects on the blood elves, but the most common were the eyes, so I just assume that graphical/art limitations is more responsible here.

In the second case: It was the tearing up of Draenor by Nerzhul that warped the draenei to broken/lost ones - this is obviously different from the fel-infusion that makes them Man'ari, but it did not seem to affect toher races like the brown mag'har orcs or ogres... i'm not sure if the humans, dwarven and high elven Nethergarde team led by Khadgar, Turalyon and Alleria were in there when it happened, but none of them seem affected by it at all.
    Since we haven’t seen any human (or dwarf) being mutated by fel exposure, it’s possible that they don’t get affected at all. We know that humans and dwarves were titanic in origin, while the elves weren’t, so maybe fel can’t alter races of titanic origin?
    Ogres descent from stone giants and believe that they were made by the titans, this would explain why they were not affected by fel.

Even if these highelves weren’t present during the whole Draenor to Outland transformation, they must’ve returned at some point before WC3, before Illidan and his friends closed the portals, this would also imply that they were exposed to fel for at least the same amount of time than the elves of QT just the radiation would’ve been stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    You kind of missed the point...
    I wasnt talking of likelyhood of high elves on alliance and i hope you dont change this thresd into that pointless discussion.
    I was talking about the fact that Blizzard not having shown intetest in adding them at all, and later adding them to the horde despite it being requested by the alliance just iant going to happen.
    and I didnt say high elves are superior - they simply consider themselves so and act accordingly.
    Based on a tweet by Dave Kosak for MoP (patch 5.1) I would say we shouldn't expect blue eyed Elves on the Horde anytime soon:

Dave Kosak was asked:
    @DaveKosak Are the Blue Eyed "Elf Models" that are named "Horde Priest" a bug/oversight or do we have a few High Elf traitors in the midst?
    Dave Kosak answered:
    @ScholarlySir Aw crap - those Horde "high elves" are bugs. Will have to fix in 5.2 unfortunately.
    source: https://twitter.com/davekosak/status/273596940044877824

The blue and green Eyes are mainly a game mechanic/visual-aid to differentiate between Alliance High Elves and Horde Blood Elves regardless of the lore Blizzard made up about it. I doubt the Blood Elves will be cured of their fel-contamination within WoW's life-time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Alliance cries alot
    it hurt's
    /10char
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Since we haven’t seen any human (or dwarf) being mutated by fel exposure, it’s possible that they don’t get affected at all. We know that humans and dwarves were titanic in origin, while the elves weren’t, so maybe fel can’t alter races of titanic origin?
    Ogres descent from stone giants and believe that they were made by the titans, this would explain why they were not affected by fel.

Even if these highelves weren’t present during the whole Draenor to Outland transformation, they must’ve returned at some point before WC3, before Illidan and his friends closed the portals, this would also imply that they were exposed to fel for at least the same amount of time than the elves of QT just the radiation would’ve been stronger.
    Kanthrend was a human
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Kanthrend was a human
    who ?
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    who ?
    /10char
    End boss Warlock green fire quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    End boss Warlock green fire quest chain.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Kanrethad_Ebonlocke

Deleted
    Kanthrend was a human
    And your point is?

He was a warlock performing a ritual to become a demon, not a human that was exposed to fel magic and turned green or mutated in any other way. Such a human does not exist, nor does a dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    There are a plethora of photos of the same individual before and after drug abuse, and they absolutely look different, so High Elves and Blood elves would definitely look different to a degree. Again, just like there wasn't a reason to justify Blood Elves in Vanilla, thereisn't a reason to justify High Elves in WoW. They also wouldn't be starkly different, just different enough to be differntiated from each other. We had Worgen and Goblins in WoW before Cata, and then when they built them for playable races they were completely rebuilt from the ground up. They didn't retrofit existing models. The same thing would happen to High Elves. There's literally no evidence to support the contrary.

High Elves are just Night Elves too, but they look different.
    Ummmm no to both you and the poster you quoted.

The blood elves WERE high elves until Arthas first of all. Secondly, the "drug addicts" you're talking about are in game as wretched. Thirdly, the split between them only truly occurred when they began to siphon magic from living creatures.

So, no, high elves and blood elves should not look different because they are different in only name for the most part.

- - - Updated - - -

And your point is?

He was a warlock performing a ritual to become a demon, not a human that was exposed to fel magic and turned green or mutated in any other way. Such a human does not exist, nor does a dwarf.
    Don't listen to Friendly. He's like a few others here that are full of headcanon and he thinks that Kan changed simply by being near fel and since he thinks it, it's now lore and you can't question him.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Don't listen to Friendly. He's like a few others here that are full of headcanon and he thinks that Kan changed simply by being near fel and since he thinks it, it's now lore and you can't question him.
    This is kinda cute coming from someone who constantly rejects lore sources that trigger them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs descend from ogres and get mutated by fel...

There are only 3 kinds of life to arise on Azeroth: things created by the Old Gods, things created by the titans, and things that descended from elementals. Elves may or may not have originally been titanic creations, but they were twice uplifted by the Well of Eternity (3 times if you want to count the Sunwell and H/BElves).
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2016-06-30 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

People like friendly tend to follow up their views with either from a WOW novel, Chronicles or blue post. Those are pretty much word of god as you can get in warcraft lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, regardless of fucking eye color if a "Highelf" decided to rejoin their own people they would just be seen as a Sin'dorei.

People are so stuck seeing them as two different races, when they're not.

Now, there's the whole exile thing to take into account. But, I'm pretty sure Lor'themar has made attempts to make amends in his leader story so the idea of a reunification is not that far out of the realm of possibility.
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    The thing is, regardless of fucking eye color if a "Highelf" decided to rejoin their own people they would just be seen as a Sin'dorei.

People are so stuck seeing them as two different races, when they're not.

Now, there's the whole exile thing to take into account. But, I'm pretty sure Lor'themar has made attempts to make amends in his leader story so the idea of a reunification is not that far out of the realm of possibility.
    but I think the OP is about emphasizing that because they are the same race, you dont have to have high elves become sin'dorei if they join their people. You shouldn't feel like high elf lore is the lore of a different race. it's like saying i want to get rid of a sub-faction or sub-group of one of my favourite race because other people's obsession with them is annoying me.

As a developer, I'd find such interest in a group a gold mine, and use it. it certainly makes that group more interesting, not less. I suspec the only irritation with high elves is jealous ownership by one group who doesn't want them playable by the opposite faction... it's so festered creating a clear bias against - that isn't rational - I mean the ferocity of some of the arguments against or for, semes to have pushed the fans involved into some vendetta mode, they've gone way past the ability to look at this objectively and it's more about making sure the other person doesn't get it.. or something like that. So much so the mere mention of high elf brings up the auto script with the auto-impression etc

That's my opinion tho, so feel free to tell me i'm wrong. Some can't even discuss the topic at hand which is how would you make high elves have a unique identity on the hand - and jump striaght to "no, it's not possible, high elves are blood elves" and i'm like, they're so into this they're not even seeing what's been said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No. Perhaps once they could have assimilated into the superior blood elven culture. But after the purge of Dalaran? They're lucky the blood elves aren't actively hunting them to extinction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    but I think the OP is about emphasizing that because they are the same race, you dont have to have high elves become sin'dorei if they join their people. You shouldn't feel like high elf lore is the lore of a different race. it's like saying i want to get rid of a sub-faction or sub-group of one of my favourite race because other people's obsession with them is annoying me.

As a developer, I'd find such interest in a group a gold mine, and use it. it certainly makes that group more interesting, not less. I suspec the only irritation with high elves is jealous ownership by one group who doesn't want them playable by the opposite faction... it's so festered creating a clear bias against - that isn't rational - I mean the ferocity of some of the arguments against or for, semes to have pushed the fans involved into some vendetta mode, they've gone way past the ability to look at this objectively and it's more about making sure the other person doesn't get it.. or something like that. So much so the mere mention of high elf brings up the auto script with the auto-impression etc

That's my opinion tho, so feel free to tell me i'm wrong. Some can't even discuss the topic at hand which is how would you make high elves have a unique identity on the hand - and jump striaght to "no, it's not possible, high elves are blood elves" and i'm like, they're so into this they're not even seeing what's been said.
    Because at this point now that the Sunwell has been restored the only identity Highelves have is they're not Horde.

The whole divide was over a practice that no longer exists.

Pretty much all the remaining High Elves are bitter assholes who do everything in their power to make their own people suffer because they joined the Horde. Because at this point there is -no- reason for the divide to exist other than not wanting to ally with the Horde.
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.