Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Maybe in the next one. They only just started raping her after all.
    Maybe... I just imagine mutilated sex organ is the kind of thing to elicit SOME kind of reaction when revealed. Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Sorry, I should have included your whole post. With your post, you included the name of an anime and what you believed was the content of it, which is the part that would be the spoiler. This is why Goriq is getting on your case. Even if you were wrong, you didn't know that you were wrong at the time. You are right that the person answering should be adding a spoiler to their answer to your question.

OT: Just finished the first season of Haikyū!! I haven't done a sports anime before, but it was quite enjoyable. I'm trying to finish it before the new stuff comes, but I'm also trying to do the same for fate prisma illya...made it all the way to episode 2!
    Haikyuu!! is my favorite sports anime of all time (with Major coming in at a close second). I liked S2 even more than S1.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Pst its Friday.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress Season 1 - 6/10 (Fine)

Popcorn flick to the max! If you want a straight up action-packed anime fueled by Rule of Cool and don't give a damn about interesting plot or character development, look no further!
    I haven't watched the final episode but I imagine this is what I'll rate it later.

Don't forget to watch your Spice & Wolf episodes for the rewatch discussion this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shokugeki hype as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Alicecchi

Most OP team ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Shokugeki hype as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Alicecchi

Most OP team ever.
    This was much calmer than I expected

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    This was much calmer than I expected
    I'm lazy to type

15+ Year Old Account
    Kabaneri 12 - "I've been waiting... for a soul that knows no fear!!!!"

L O L

It's an absolute disgrace that this shitty anime has such good presentation. Whoever wrote this needs to never write anything ever again. Even generic harem shows are better written than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Kabaneri 12 - "I've been waiting... for a soul that knows no fear!!!!"

L O L

It's an absolute disgrace that this shitty anime has such good presentation. Whoever wrote this needs to never write anything ever again. Even generic harem shows are better written than this.
    Have any examples?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Or maybe Gunslinger Girl? Beautiful and psychologically brutal, wrenches you emotionally like an old rag. Would be my first pick to compete for my all-time Top1 spot with Juuni Kokki.
    Yeah, I have started watching Gunslinger Girl, it is good, just a bit slow.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Have any examples?
    I don't know, Nisekoi? It's not like it matters, any show would work. Generic shows are generally just very mediocre, since they're mostly rehashes of overused anime tropes. But Kabaneri is both overused anime tropes + really fucking bad dialogue/characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Caine how did that soccer game go?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I don't know, Nisekoi? It's not like it matters, any show would work. Generic shows are generally just very mediocre, since they're mostly rehashes of overused anime tropes. But Kabaneri is both overused anime tropes + really fucking bad dialogue/characters.
    Many harems also contain the same themes/elements. Kabaneri is just exceptionally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Don't forget to watch your Spice & Wolf episodes for the rewatch discussion this weekend.
    I took notes and everything!

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, I have started watching Gunslinger Girl, it is good, just a bit slow.
    Wait, wait, I missed somebody recommending Gunslinger Girl? I'm a disgrace. And yes, it is terrifically slow but easily my #1. I just don't mention it because I don't think that its ethos appeals to a wide audience and I don't want to recommend based just on personal preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, finishing Kabaeri myself I would give it a 5.5/10 or maybe a 6/10. Only thing that earns it points is the visual presentation, which was pretty exceptional. Everything else got pretty mediocre by the end.

I think I only watched up to the 2nd or 3rd episode of Kabaneri, it just felt too much like Attack on Titan meets Zombies+Trains to me.

Maybe that changes, but it doesn't seem like it's worth finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think I only watched up to the 2nd or 3rd episode of Kabaneri, it just felt too much like Attack on Titan meets Zombies+Trains to me.

Maybe that changes, but it doesn't seem like it's worth finding out.
    It's not worth finding out because you were right: nothing changes. And I thought SnK was around a 6.5 to maybe 7 at least for entertainment. This fell short significantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to finishing Joshiraku. It was great, I'm surprised at how much I ended up liking it in the end. It's certainly the most 'Japanese' anime I've ever watched. So many jokes about locations in Tokyo, obscure Japanese pop culture, or untranslatable puns that went over my head. But it made the ones I did get even extra funny.

Also the girls were really cute. Marii and Tetora especially.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Haikyu!! girls are cute AF, all of them. The girl's volleyball team, Kiyoko and now Yachi-san, I can't take no more!

Picked up the first 10 volumes of the Yuru Yuri manga from a girl at work for $20. She's got a ton of other stuff too, I need to see what else I can snag.