Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post

Want me to call my draw buddy Iceland? DO YOU?

Lol, take him if you want. Have you seen Renato today? Against Croatia too? Do you know that our youth National Teams are U21-vice champions in the EURO and U17- EURO Champions?
    Portugal is the poor mans Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    And meanwhile, "poor mans Spain" is in the semi finals, while England still can't beat a knockout stage. But I guess you're used to losing in the first round of knockout stages, if you're an Arsenal fan, /shrug.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, banter is banter but we're approaching the borderline between that and insults, so let's cool it down a bit, aye? Don't wanna start having to infract people, it isn't fun.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Genuine question for the sheep shaggers.

Bale>Giggs?
    Well Giggs achieved a lot over his career, undoubtedly though Bale has reached greater heights. Giggs was a midfielder, Bale is a winger. It's actually a really hard decision, like I said Giggs did a lot for Wales, while Bale hasn't done as much collectively has certainly done more in Euro 2016 than Giggs ever did in a single international campaign.

Off topic but Imagine if the current FIFA rules were in force back in Giggs era and Owen could have played for Wales too*, what a combo that would have been

*Owen was born at a hospital on the English border because it was closer than the nearest Welsh one, as a result he was ineligible to play for Wales.

Lol, take him if you want. Have you seen Renato today? Against Croatia too? Do you know that our youth National Teams are U21-vice champions in the EURO and U17- EURO Champions?

Like that really means anything. We're reigning European Champions in U21 (beat you fair and square, we did), and bronze-holders from the U17 world cup* to boot...and we're still painfully aware that it's quite unlikely that our national team will get any better than it usually is, once those youngsters are ready for it.

* Not anymore, it seems. Didn't realize they play the world cup every second year...

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    And meanwhile, "poor mans Spain" is in the semi finals, while England still can't beat a knockout stage. But I guess you're used to losing in the first round of knockout stages, if you're an Arsenal fan, /shrug.
    Always turning it around on England. Hilarious since I don't even support the NT.

- - - Updated - - -

Word is Claude from AFTV has been reported missing.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame for Poland. They had some very nice attacks last night. Not sure did either deserve to lose that game but in knockout games there has to be a loser sadly. Portugal was a bit bland like they have been the entire tournament. Sanches was good though.

Hope they get destroyed in the next round.

Word is Claude from AFTV has been reported missing.
    serious? hope hes ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, you won 2 games but you lost 1. We didn't lose yet.
    Eh Poland hasn't been behind a single minute in this tournament. They didn't lose in the first round. Two wins and a draw against Germany. Portugal on the other hand has been ahead all of 22 minutes in the entire tournament. Poland played a very good tournament to be honest.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2016-07-01 at 06:23 AM.

Deleted
    Really impressed by poland but they really needed to do more. I was supporting Portugal for a variety of reasons so I'm happy but I have to say, I really did not like them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    serious? hope hes ok
    I know people like to make the oiss out the guy, especially on these forums, but the guy is seriously mentally ill and hopefully they locate him before he harms himself.

I know people like to make the oiss out the guy, especially on these forums, but the guy is seriously mentally ill and hopefully they locate him before he harms himself.
    Yeah I get the vibe from his video rants hes a little too invested. And reports of trolling on him might have tipped him over. Who knows. Hopefully he just had a bender and not found dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Alright, banter is banter but we're approaching the borderline between that and insults, so let's cool it down a bit, aye? Don't wanna start having to infract people, it isn't fun.
    People getting a bit too personal.

My honest unbiased (as far as i can be?):

- In this tournament i truly believe we were the better team in 4 of the 5 matches. Croatia was a even-ish game.

- people keep calling us lucky and forget we could have won the game with Hungary if we hadn't hit the woodwork twice in that game and we had 2 stone wall penalties not called which could have influenced the result of two other matches. Áustria scored 2 of 3 goals in out game from unlucky rebounds on our players? So we are the lucky ones ? Because we hit 5 out of 5 penalties in the shootout and the other team doesn't?

- As far as the draws are concerned, in a knockout stage the one who goes through is the winner. As far as im concerned we won 2 games.

- We haven't been amazing, but we have been for the most part excellent on the midfield, shit on the offense ( 80+ shots on the group stage and we only managed 4 goals. Abysmal. ) Defensive wise our GK , Pepe and Raphael have impressed, Eliseu is dire , and Cedric still lacks defensive finesse.

- Ronaldo being relegated to centre foward does NOT suit him at all. We need a target man in the area so he can more freely roam the area , like in Madrid.

- We haven't won any game in the 90 min but no one has defeat us yet.

- We choke with teams that are more defensive , because if the current duo/trio upfront aren't inspired ( they haven't been in this tournament) then we just have possession and nothing else. Like United really.

Overall are there better teams in the tournament? Yeah there are. But there are also worse teams. We have reached the semi finals , and trust me no Portuguese i know liked the way we got through the group stage, and i'm sure alot more would have wanted crushing wins like we theoretically should have pulled off.
    But in the end what it matters is we managed to more or less adapt to unfavorable circunstances and we are still in.
    Which is more than alot can say.

- - - Updated - - -

Also apologies for typos , can't be bothered to go correct them in a mobile phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have to ask this. Why are you a better team than say Iceland was when you played eachother? You obviously attacked more and Iceland defended more, but what exactly makes that better?

I never understood people that keep saying that we where better because we attacked more and the other team just defended. If anything Icelands tactic worked better than Portugals did (assuming Portugals tactic was to score a few goals on all their chances), so shouldn't that mean that Iceland was better?

Now if you say Portugal played more fun to watch football than their opponents I would agree, but just cant see why its better.

Deleted
    I think Portugal didn't play better than Poland last night.
    To be honest I quite liked Poland even though I was supporting Portugal. It is true that if ronaldo didn't have one of his worst nights ever you could have gone up at some stage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I think Portugal didn't play better than Poland last night.
    To be honest I quite liked Poland even though I was supporting Portugal. It is true that if ronaldo didn't have one of his worst nights ever you could have gone up at some stage.
    Starting to feel like most nights in Portugal team is his worst nights.

Wales vs Belgium. Predictions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    After the shitfest of last night, I'll stop with the predictions

What's England then?

Like that really means anything. We're reigning European Champions in U21 (beat you fair and square, we did), and bronze-holders from the U17 world cup* to boot...and we're still painfully aware that it's quite unlikely that our national team will get any better than it usually is, once those youngsters are ready for it.

* Not anymore, it seems. Didn't realize they play the world cup every second year...
    You won 1 tournament, we are constantly winning stuff or reaching the final/semi-finals. Our league is also much stronger and Sporting, Benfica and Porto keep making players better until they leave and only to top 10 European teams.

Eh Poland hasn't been behind a single minute in this tournament. They didn't lose in the first round. Two wins and a draw against Germany. Portugal on the other hand has been ahead all of 22 minutes in the entire tournament. Poland played a very good tournament to be honest.
    Being ahead for 89 or 119 minutes means nothing if in the end you lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Wales 1-2 Belgium

I am fine with whoever goes through as long as it is deserved. I like both teams.