Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Most specs have around the same amount of abilities as they do on live (yes, even Unholy), and no, abilities that you never ever use do not count. Turn off your addons on live and place the abilities the same way you do on beta then count them yourself. I'm all for having every single action slot filled out (I even put multiple of the same abilities to fill em all up on live), but acting as if Legion is the expansion in which all of this started is absurd, we have had a shitty amount of abilities since Cata.
    Simplified rotations are a completely different story, and no actual mythic raiders or otherwise skilled player will only make use of 2-3 buttons and never has. And once again, this started in Cata, not Legion's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephostopkek View Post
    so what? you can say exactly the same thing as live. still as hyperbolic, but legion has the exact same amount of dps buttons as live does. only bind I'll be replacing a dps skill with is BoS with Apocalypse.
    This isn't true. It is objectively wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    lol 24-33 binds thats BS, list em off.
    Sure, if you want to play class to the max then here you go:

Festering Strike
    Scourge Strike
    Death Coil
    Death Strike
    Outbreak
    Death & Decay
    Summon Gargoyle
    Death Grip (important in raids and PvP)
    Raise Dead (when your pet dies in pvp/pve)
    Anti-Magic Shell (to not die from spell/to build RP, avoid debuff etc)
    Wraith Walk (getting in and out of stuff, moving to boss faster)
    Chains of Ice (kiting, we have the best slow in the game atm)
    Mind Freeze (interrupting, you know...)
    Icebound Fortitude (to reduce dmg and avoid stuns)
    Army of the Dead (always moar dmg and debuffs with artifact)
    Pet Attack
    Pet Follow
    Pet Move To (so you can control where he will hook from, can move away shit/players from yourself)
    Pet Hook (esp. Abo)
    Pet Stun (like interrupt)
    Pet DMG Reduction (so it doesn't die, especially if you have talented Corpse Shield)
    Dark Transformation (duh)
    Dark Command (temp taunt to give a tank breather to clear debuff or w/e and tank taunts back after or some minion offtank)
    Apocalypse
    *Epidemic (57)
    *Soul Reaper (100)
    *Blighted Rune Weapon (57)
    *Asphyxiate (60)
    *Corpse Shield (75)
    +Gladiator's Medallion(1)
    +Dark Simulacrum(3)
    +Anti-Magic Zone(3)
    +Wandering Plague(5)
    +Reanimation(6)
    +Necrotic Strike(6)

+PVP Options that give another keybind, tier in bracket
    * talent options, obviously only 1 from given lvl, that's why lvls are put in brackets

You can argue you don't need half of them and that's true if you are jsut an average player and don't care about performance. Good players maximize their potential and use every tool at their disposal in pve fights and pvp fights thus having certain spells is absolutely crucial.

In PvP you'd also have macro like Death Grip Target & Death Grip Focus, Chains of Ice target & Chains of Ice focus and same with many abilities like pet's hook.
    For example, did you build up 100 Runic Power before Archimonde with DK through AMS in green goo before the pull?

You can always be a super mediocre player though and just use basic stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-06-30 at 06:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeoulve View Post
    This isn't true. It is objectively wrong.
    so, where's your proof? I could log on and took a SS of my ui on beta & live right now just to laugh at you and say you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    so that's 15 out of a supposed 23+

Not to interject here, because I don't have much interest in DK's outside of trying one again recently on the PTR to see what's changed, but you can't actually think that your average player is going to hang onto a class until end game to see it to fruition, do you? I'd reckon most decisions about the fun of a class are made in the first few hours.
    I didnt include

Huddle/protective slime
    Dark Sim/ Anti magic Zone
    Apocalypse
    Asphyxiate / Sludge Belcher Grip
    Mind Freeze
    Dark Transformation
    Epidemic / Blighted rune weapon

now i never stated it was 23 (though you could easily surpass that 30-35) but all those abilities should be used in a typical arena match. Again this is with the assumption Wounds are tuned to actually be used and we dont run around spamming Outbreak-Epidemic-Death Coil.

Unholy has decidely more abilities than most of the specs in Legion, by a fair margin
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-06-30 at 01:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    Im all for less buttons

but this is lame
    and all these people laugh that Frost is 3 buttons! LOL its like 6 now!

im sure this wont last. no way spamming 3 buttons as UH will stick
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    I didnt include

Huddle/protective slime
    Dark Sim/ Anti magic Zone
    Apocalypse
    Asphyxiate / Sludge Belcher Grip
    Mind Freeze
    Dark Transformation
    Epidemic / Blighted rune weapon

now i never stated it was 23 (though you could easily surpass that 30-35) but all those abilities should be used in a typical arena match. Again this is with the assumption Wounds are tuned to actually be used and we dont run around spamming Outbreak-Epidemic-Death Coil.

Unholy has decidely more abilities than most of the specs in Legion, by a fair margin
    He was refering to me about 2x-3x binds. It was me who has stated these numbers and I've backed them in previous post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Sure, if you want to play class to the max then here you go:

Festering Strike
    Scourge Strike
    Death Coil
    Death Strike
    Outbreak
    Death & Decay
    Summon Gargoyle
    Death Grip (important in raids and PvP)
    Raise Dead (when your pet dies in pvp/pve)
    Anti-Magic Shell (to not die from spell/to build RP, avoid debuff etc)
    Wraith Walk (getting in and out of stuff, moving to boss faster)
    Chains of Ice (kiting, we have the best slow in the game atm)
    Mind Freeze (interrupting, you know...)
    Icebound Fortitude (to reduce dmg and avoid stuns)
    Army of the Dead (always moar dmg and debuffs with artifact)
    Pet Attack
    Pet Follow
    Pet Move To (so you can control where he will hook from, can move away shit/players from yourself)
    Pet Hook (esp. Abo)
    Pet Stun (like interrupt)
    Pet DMG Reduction (so it doesn't die, especially if you have talented Corpse Shield)
    Dark Transformation (duh)
    Dark Command (temp taunt to give a tank breather to clear debuff or w/e and tank taunts back after or some minion offtank)
    Apocalypse
    *Epidemic (57)
    *Soul Reaper (100)
    *Blighted Rune Weapon (57)
    *Asphyxiate (60)
    *Corpse Shield (75)
    +Gladiator's Medallion(1)
    +Dark Simulacrum(3)
    +Anti-Magic Zone(3)
    +Wandering Plague(5)
    +Reanimation(6)
    +Necrotic Strike(6)

+PVP Options that give another keybind, tier in bracket
    * talent options, obviously only 1 from given lvl, that's why lvls are put in brackets

You missed a few

You can argue you don't need half of them and that's true if you are jsut an average player and don't care about performance. Good players maximize their potential and use every tool at their disposal in pve fights and pvp fights thus having certain spells is absolutely crucial.

In PvP you'd also have macro like Death Grip Target & Death Grip Focus, Chains of Ice target & Chains of Ice focus and same with many abilities like pet's hook.

You can always be a super mediocre player though and just use basic stuff.
    Sounds like your making up for something else if you need to keybind everything under the sun to perform the best for a class. I know several players including me who don't keybind everything in their spell book and perform just as good with some things keybound. Sounds like you need more help with performance than we do

For example, did you build up 100 Runic Power before Archimonde with DK through AMS in green goo before the pull?
    I just chow down on a banana peel, drink a few sips of beer, and then i eat the beer can and BAM I'm fully powered

Deleted
    You missed a few

Sounds like your making up for something else if you need to keybind everything under the sun to perform the best for a class. I know several players including me who don't keybind everything in their spell book and perform just as good with some things keybound. Sounds like you need more help with performance than we do

I just chow down on a banana peel, drink a few sips of beer, and then i eat the beer can and BAM I'm fully powered
    Say what you want. To me you sound like the one who doesn't utilize the class to the fullest.

Will you perform just as good? Maybe. Can they perform higher because they have more options readily at their disposal? Yes. I'll stay happy with my consistent 99% percentile, thank you.

I, to put it simply, like to avoid situations like "damn I wish I had x binded".

And yes, you need to use everything to perform the best. You know it's in the word that to perform the best you need to utilize everything as good as possible when it's needed? You can't play class to 90-95% and say you perform "the best". You don't.

PS

I didn't miss a few. I didn't mention racial stuff like Arcane Torrent or the sort of Death Gate on purpose.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-07-01 at 08:21 AM.

Yes. I'll stay happy with my consistent 99% percentile, thank you.
    Can you show us your logs? Maybe I should bind my army too
    wowprogress. com/character/eu/burning-legion/Killyox
    warcraftlogs. com/rankings/character/1015787/8/#
    Last edited by nakedsnaka; 2016-07-01 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedsnaka View Post
    Can you show us your logs? Maybe I should bind my army too
    wowprogress. com/character/eu/burning-legion/Killyox
    warcraftlogs. com/rankings/character/1015787/8/#
    I don't even think my logs would be up by now. The last time I played was in Dec '15 as tank I think. I will look around. I have hardcore raiding days lost past me but still strive to play to te best of my ability. The longer the fight the more dps drops though and we had warriors doing 25kDPS in BRF. Just so it's clear I am talking about percentile within class/ilvl range, not overall because obviously I won't have 99% when compared to people 30ilvl above.

AOTD - cmon, AOTD is like Death Gate :P Entire WOD you just used it ~8s before pull because it was inefficient to waste runes on it. I actually expect it to provide debuffs that Apocalypse ghouls do with artifact. Not sure if that's the case though.

Found one, probably more.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/2#v=0,d=0
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/7#v=0,d=0
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/8#v=0,d=0 (yeah, we got dots but small raid size = less hands)
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/45#v=0,d=0

Just some. Ofc I had a lot of bad runs too especially during early HFC (had a break at some point in BRF until about 2 weeks into hfc?). So yeah I do have shit tries like anyone else. Thing is I am capable of going for that 99% (within ilvl/class/spec ofc due to balancing).
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-07-01 at 01:59 PM.

askmrrobot. com/wow/combatlog/1c6bd5e3-e73d-4364-8f02-53d5def7b864/report/2#v=0,d=0
    askmrrobot. com/wow/combatlog/1c6bd5e3-e73d-4364-8f02-53d5def7b864/report/7#v=0,d=0
    askmrrobot. com/wow/combatlog/1c6bd5e3-e73d-4364-8f02-53d5def7b864/report/8#v=0,d=0 (yeah, we got dots but small raid size = less hands)
    askmrrobot. com/wow/combatlog/fc5875fc-d68c-4bf4-97de-adbdfd0d255e/report/45#v=0,d=0

Just some. Ofc I had a lot of bad runs too especially during early HFC (had a break at some point in BRF until about 2 weeks into hfc?). So yeah I do have shit tries like anyone else. Thing is I am capable of going for that 99% (within ilvl/class/spec ofc due to balancing).
    eu.battle. net/wow/ru/character/burning-legion/Killyox/achievement#81 very hardcore
    askmrobots heroic logs. nice move there kid
    keep talking about your "consistent 99% percentile"

I don't know anything about their abilities in terms of volume, but I know they are doing very good damage right now.
    And unless you don't have any CDs or plan on using potions you obviously need more than those.
    You absolutely need Death Grip for dungeons.

Oh is one of those not epidemic?
    Then ya, you obviously failed already!
    Last edited by Hey There Guys its Metro; 2016-07-01 at 02:54 PM.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedsnaka View Post
    eu.battle. net/wow/ru/character/burning-legion/Killyox/achievement#81 very hardcore
    askmrobots heroic logs. nice move there kid
    keep talking about your "consistent 99% percentile"
    Kid? I'm 30. If you actually thought there just for a tiny fraction of a second you could verify this through links in my sig. You can't even post links properly so how can I expect you to even be able to read logs? judging by the fact this is your 2nd post you're some sort of troll.

You know what progress fights are? Wipes? Learning the fight? However, once you do learn it it goes high. How about you show your own logs mr #2 posts?

I stopped hardcore raiding in TBC. No time for that shit when you're 30, have job family and can't gather 20 decent people for mythic.

No point talking to you really mr random on troll account. Your lack of reading comprehension from my previous post isn't really my problem. Ignored.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-07-01 at 03:12 PM.

i can't post links cuz I only have 2 post, genius
    You keep lying us about your 99% and how you're so OP but you're not.

How about you show your own logs mr #2 posts?
    why should i? I'm not the one who says bullshit pretending that i'm pro, but take it
    warcraftlogs. com/rankings/character/956742/latest
    I'm not the best dk in the world.
    The question is should i bind my army or not, kid?

Say what you want. To me you sound like the one who doesn't utilize the class to the fullest.

Will you perform just as good? Maybe. Can they perform higher because they have more options readily at their disposal? Yes. I'll stay happy with my consistent 99% percentile, thank you.

I, to put it simply, like to avoid situations like "damn I wish I had x binded".

And yes, you need to use everything to perform the best. You know it's in the word that to perform the best you need to utilize everything as good as possible when it's needed? You can't play class to 90-95% and say you perform "the best". You don't.

PS

I didn't miss a few. I didn't mention racial stuff like Arcane Torrent or the sort of Death Gate on purpose.
    Yeah you did miss a few...
    Raise Ally-(important in raids)
    Path of Frost-(Important in PvP, open world, and some dungeons/raids)

But since they are not on your list, then you don't have them bound and that means you don't use them. Looks like your not playing to the max skill after all

So you claim to be MR.99 percentile but the logs you link avg out to 95% and none of them are 99 two of them alone are 93.

Thing is I am capable of going for that 99% (within ilvl/class/spec ofc due to balancing).

So its your ilvl, class, spec, or balancing fault that you can't hit 99%

Claiming to be something your not makes you a Fraud

Fraud:a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

Deleted
    Yeah you did miss a few...
    Raise Ally-(important in raids)
    Path of Frost-(Important in PvP, open world, and some dungeons/raids)

But since they are not on your list, then you don't have them bound and that means you don't use them. Looks like your not playing to the max skill after all

So you claim to be MR.99 percentile but the logs you link avg out to 95% and none of them are 99 two of them alone are 93.

So its your ilvl, class, spec, or balancing fault that you can't hit 99%

Claiming to be something your not makes you a Fraud

Fraud:a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
    4th is 99%.

I never claimed it's 99% overall. That's obviously impossible when you're not doing mythic/have gear for it regardless of how well you play. AMR shows overall/class/ilvl/classilvl so you can see them all. Why would I ever mean 99% overall when some classes obviously dominate some fights? It's logical to compare yourself to players in similar situation and similar conditions. Comparing to a guy with ilvl740 as 700 for example is moot. Both can be great but former will obviously pull out miles ahead. Not my fault you read too much into it so you could bash me You can be the best driver in the world but crappy car can carry you only so much. Our car here is gear.

If you kill a boss with your group 30 seconds later and have another guy play 100% the same as you but in a group that killed it faster he would've had the same DPS because Boss-time-to-kill was shorter and thus buffs like bloodlust would be a higher % ratio of the entire fight. So yeah, you can be the best player in the world but due to thing above it would have an impact on you anyways. As you can tell we had people ~40% too :P

Also, yeah I did miss a few. Did I ever say I named them all? I listed enough to back up what I've said about 24+ binds being very possible.

PS

Path of frost is actually pretty useful in many Battlegrounds. Like Battle for Gilneas and a couple of others. Even if it's not bound I always have it on my bar

I admit I may have used "consistent" too freely. People will always jump at progress fights and such. Still, if people want to get at something they surely will.

So then I guess you say 2-3 keybinds from OP is enough to be a good player?
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-07-01 at 04:17 PM.

4th is 99%.
    Lol no its not, you should really check the links that you posted

Bold and Underline for you in the quote above ^^

See no 99%, check your own links if you don't believe me

Did I ever say I named them all?
    You did when said this after i told you you missed a few...

You claim you didn't miss right here ^^^ which means you didn't leave any out besides the Racial and DG^^^

Deleted
    Yeah. I didn't mention on purpose. It's right there and then you name path of frost.

Yes, 4th is 99% but you refuse to read and understand and go for overall percentile and not within spec ilvl. Already explained it why you should. Comparing percentile to all classes specs and gear levels is dumb and doesn't tell you at all how you perform with your class to other people also playing it.

We also got off-topic a lot by now.

"The sort of Death Gate"
    Point for you for raise ally though, I did miss the most obvious one.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-07-01 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killyox View Post
    i don't even think my logs would be up by now. The last time i played was in dec '15 as tank i think. I will look around. I have hardcore raiding days lost past me but still strive to play to te best of my ability. The longer the fight the more dps drops though and we had warriors doing 25kdps in brf. Just so it's clear i am talking about percentile within class/ilvl range, not overall because obviously i won't have 99% when compared to people 30ilvl above.

Aotd - cmon, aotd is like death gate entire wod you just used it ~8s before pull because it was inefficient to waste runes on it. I actually expect it to provide debuffs that apocalypse ghouls do with artifact. Not sure if that's the case though.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/2#v=0,d=0
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/7#v=0,d=0
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/8#v=0,d=0 (yeah, we got dots but small raid size = less hands)
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/45#v=0,d=0

just some. Ofc i had a lot of bad runs too especially during early hfc (had a break at some point in brf until about 2 weeks into hfc?). So yeah i do have shit tries like anyone else. Thing is i am capable of going for that 99% (within ilvl/class/spec ofc due to balancing).

lol amr heroic logs.