Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So does Azeroth call herself Elune? Is Elune something else, but attached to Azeroth, as a moon would be?

And now the important question, how long until we get some rule 34 of Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    So does Azeroth call herself Elune? Is Elune something else, but attached to Azeroth, as a moon would be?

Elune seems to be something else based on that Light and Shadow quest text. She apparently created the prime Naaru and Azeroth can't have done that since she's not woken up yet. She's conscious but not really able to do anything. Plus I'm pretty sure that event predates her and the pantheon.

Holy crap it sucks.

The comic was terrible. It was extremely rushed. All of it. The art is bad. The vagueness of what Magni is talking about is also shit.

Seriously. You can be fine with this, but this is just plain bad. That is NOT to say I think the story of him coming back is bad, I think this comic is bad. I feel like I need to say that multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    The comic was terrible. It was extremely rushed. All of it. The art is bad. The vagueness of what Magni is talking about is also shit.

Seriously. You can be fine with this, but this is just plain bad. That is NOT to say I think the story of him coming back is bad, I think this comic is bad. I feel like I need to say that multiple times.
    except there wasnt a single thing bad about it.

Like...."the art was bad" ...uh no it wasnt.
    Like how do you even quantify that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

i'm pretty sure we still dont know what the deal is with Elune. The "Elune is Azeroth" is just a good theory.

One thing we do know is there is nothing to say Azeroth hasnt been concious this whole time. Great magical celestial beings dont exactly need to gestate as a rule.

As far as we know they just take forever to develop because they are so powerful
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account

yeee no.
    you maybe didnt like it but the comic wasnt bad at all.

Formerly known as Arafal

I liked it. Ludo Lullabi does great art for WoW, as usual. The story was a nice introduction for part of the pre-event in Legion.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    except there wasnt a single thing bad about it.

Like...."the art was bad" ...uh no it wasnt.
    Like how do you even quantify that?
    I quantify it by having you read my full post instead of purposefully ignoring the information that makes it objectively bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    yeee no.
    you maybe didnt like it but the comic wasnt bad at all.
    At an objective level the plot was rushed and the story was hard to follow. That is bad. The bolded part is objective fact. You cannot deny this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    You can tell when people are fanboying, and that over nothing.

"So fucking good."
    "I'm amazed."
    "So good with the music and the art and everything!"

It was an okay written story, geez. It's okay but generic. Don't fanboy so hard.
    ok. I understand you have to like...have a soul and care about life and not be a dick to understand this but...

Sometimes people appreciate things that are good.

Okay is a form of good.

Especially when it gives you valuable information about important parts of the story.

Like...no one is sacrificing babies in order to appease the 10pg comic overlords

I hope you know, today i'm going to go out and eat a generic Mcdonalds burger and after i bite into it and eat it i'm going to go "this is amaaaaaazing!"
    I want you to know this because after i eat those fucking good salty fries i want to come back here and drink your salty tears from QQing over the people liking something you dont.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I don't think "the plot was rushed" can be an objective fact, Paula. It requires you to make a value judgement, so it can't be objective.

If you want to be objective about it, then it presented all of the information required to understand what was going on, and you can draw your own conclusions from there...

It was the tale of events that didn't take a combined total of more than half an hour, 10 pages of several panels is absolutely enough to tell that.
    There wasn't any skipped information.

I quantify it by having you read my full post instead of purposefully ignoring the information that makes it objectively bad.

At an objective level the plot was rushed and the story was hard to follow. That is bad. The bolded part is objective fact. You cannot deny this.
    Its not objective though?

The plot was literally

"Moira is talking to Magni when he wakes up and decides to leave and says goodbye"

Other stories have done that exact scene in the space of a paragraph.

Fun fact just because you say something doesnt make it true.

I mean i get you are like THE MMO-champ troll who thinks your are right and everyone is wrong. That still doesnt make it true.

Its not objective though?
    It is.

"Moira is talking to Magni when he wakes up and decides to leave and says goodbye"
    Really? There wasn't a section about him walking around in Ironforge and the Council having a spat about Civil War again? No? Ok.

Other stories have done that exact scene in the space of a paragraph.
    Alright. That doesn't make them not rushed shit shows too. Just because A does it doesn't mean B doing it is ok.

Fun fact just because you say something doesnt make it true.
    Fun Fact: What I said is objective fact. The plot(s) present in the story were rushed. Just because you don't like my stance doesn't make it wrong.

I mean i get you are like THE MMO-champ troll who thinks your are right and everyone is wrong.
    Not a troll. Not even slightly. I just hold Blizzard to a higher standard than Modern Marvel Comics.

That still doesnt make it true.
    Back here again? It is objective fact that the story was rushed. You can still like it, that doesn't make it not rushed.

Just saying something is objective doesn't mean that it is Paula. Explain your reasoning please.

How are you arriving at a conclusion of "Rushed" without making any value judgements about what should have been there, but wasn't?
    You can't claim something to be objective if it requires opinion-based judgement, which saying "this was too short, or moved too fast" (in the case of an item of fiction) necessarily does.

It wasn't missing any information that was required to understand the fiction, so what objectively was missing but should have been there?
    How was it objectively rushed? Saying "it just was" is not sufficient.

If it's so self-evident you should be able to explain it.

I mean, I can, and will, but you need to give me a bit if its really that important. Kinda running SoO atm >_>

Edit: Moved to Separate Posts to prevent confusion.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-07-01 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    When did all this happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Very good read! Enjoyed the hell out of it.
    I'd love it if the anduin comic took place just after the events of that whole dalaran invasion in deadwind pass, but just before the artifact questlines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't hard to understand or follow. Got its point across well, the art was nicely done and the music helped it out a lot.

It was a simple little bit of lore, and served its purpose well enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Back here again? It is objective fact that the story was rushed. You can still like it, that doesn't make it not rushed.
    If you aren't the one that wrote this, and have firsthand knowledge, then it isn't an objective fact. It's an opinion. The piece isn't a fully fleshed out comic (which you apparently are mistaken it for), it's like an introduction. It gives you all you need to know to set a stage.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I want to be clear that while I disagree with Paula, I don't care particularly much about that. Paula is free to whatever opinion about the comic that they like.
    What I do think is really obnoxious is people misusing "objectivity" to try and make their argument look stronger. So far I can't see any grounds upon which Paula's complaint could possible be seen as "objectively true" and am waiting eagerly to see how this could ever be backed up.

Alright to start off; I feel like I need to say AGAIN, I enjoyed the story. Just getting that out of the way.

To continue into the points as to how exactly its rushed. You just need to look at the total number of pages in comparison to the different plots within. We have three main plots, technically two. The first plot is Magni's Return. The second plot is basically two in one. Its Magni walking around his city and the Council Arguing about the effects his return will have on the city, specifically on the Wildhammer and Dark Iron Dwarven Citizens. Now, these two plots would be fine if they were organized properly. We have 8 pages of actual comic to work with. That is about 4 Bubbles per page, if I am being generous. A total of 24 Separate Bubbles, being generous I will raise that number to 30. That is where the problem comes in. There is not enough time given to the second plot. I will say there are maybe 10 Speech Bubbles given to the second Plot. There are 5 Given to Magni talking to himself in Ice. The rest are given to the main plot about Moira and Magni. That is 15 to the Main Plot and 10 to the side plot. In a comic with only 8 Pages (10 if you count the damn Title and Credits) that is too much information in such a short time. That shows too.

The plot goes from Magni waking up to discussion about Civil War and Magni saying he wants to leave the city in less than 2 pages. Those two pages go by insanely quick, with, I will admit pretty fleshed out speech bubbles, and the plot basically boils down to Dark Iron and Wildhammer saying we don't want him as King. This entire sub plot being present took away from the main story and I will say should have been removed entirely as the setup to how it plays out is confusing. To top it all off the last line of dialogue referring to the plot has Moira seeming extremely out of character willing to go to war over Magni's return. It hurts the character they have been trying to build since 5.3, even 5.1, if she is getting angered that easily. This plot would have been much better suited for a longer comic.

If I was to compare this to a work by Blizzard that was handled much better with the exact same amount of pages, I would compare it to Gul'dan and the Stranger, released before Warlords of Draenor. That story was 8 Pages of a solid plot. That story was all about Garrosh "interrogating" Gul'dan. There is no subplot resolved in less than 10 Speech Bubbles and 2 pages. It is all about Gul'dan and his intentions. I would also say I LOVE the art in that comic compared to this one, but as was already mentioned above, art direction is a highly subjective choice.

What is not subjective is that the subplot in Magni: Fault Lines hurts the overall story. It makes Moira seem irrational at worst, and over emotional at best. It also hurts the flow of the story greatly. If the plot had been removed entirely we could have had a few more speech bubbles dedicated to Magni and his literal 1 page dream about the Legion. We could have even had some bit of who "She" was, yes I understand you KNOW who she was. But some readers will not even slightly understand. I also understand this is supposed to be a lead in for prelaunch where that is supposedly explained, however, it is still playing the pronoun game to make a character seem mysterious, which doesn't work, in this case it adds 3 Speech Bubbles of confused dwarves asking the same thing most readers will. Those 3 Speech bubbles.... ya know what, I already covered what they could have gone to earlier.

I feel like I need to say it one more time too. I liked the main plot of this comic, it was still a horrible rush job.

For reference here is Gul'dan and the Stranger if anyone has never read it, looked at it, or just wants to double check what I said with what is there.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...6310705908.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    If you aren't the one that wrote this, and have firsthand knowledge, then it isn't an objective fact. It's an opinion. The piece isn't a fully fleshed out comic (which you apparently are mistaken it for), it's like an introduction. It gives you all you need to know to set a stage.
    You are correct, I didn't write this. It is still an objective fact that this particular comic, in the series leading up to Legion, is rushed. I should also point out, IF they are doing anything remotely similar to Warlords of Draenor's comics, they all have a lead into the expansion but none of them will be related. Neither you or I know if they will go that same route, but just judging by the blue post itself which labeled this as a series leading up to the Invasion and not a series about Magni and Moira, it is a pretty fair assumption that this comic is the comic about Magni and Moira and the rest will be about Dalaran, Jaina, Khadgar, the Burning Legion, etc. This is one fully fleshed out comic in a series of comics. This is like Iron Man in comparison to the Avengers. Together they all have an overarching story (The Legion) but separately they all are supposed to tell a story.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-07-01 at 02:27 PM.

Oh man, when Magni comes to give a warning and the Legion music starts. Chills

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    The whole "civil war" thing is hardly a plot in and of itself. It never amounted to anything BECAUSE Magni clearly stated he wasn't seeking to reclaim the throne. The "civil war" never amounted to anything, because it never even started. It was simply a worry of the council and a concern from the Dwarfs. This was clearly shown, and handled well enough. There was no need to expand upon it.

He stated he had been awakened to warn the people of Azeroth about the impending demon invasion, took the time to see what had become of his people and his city, warned the council and told them he wasn't seeking the throne, and left to continue his mission and warn the rest of the Alliance. It went by quick yes, but there was nothing "rushed" about it.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."