Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    I had multiple different "micro-stutter" since I started playing wow. And it was always addon related. So be sure to launch your game once without any to see if it's not one of them doing something shady.

Usually addon using your combat log are the more prone to this behavior. But it isn't limited to them (had once an addon who wasn't updated anymore during wolk doing this).
    Thanks I'll check into this.

I don't use any combat log addons - as a matter of fact I completely turn off all combat and floating logs, even the default ones. I'm one of those people who doesn't need to see numbers on my screen to play. I know I am kicking someones ass in PvP by watching their health bar drop. lol

I'm pretty OCD about screen clutter, so any floating text was the first to go.

You could also moving between 'Zones' in WoW that tends to produce a moment of lag depending on settings, internet, etc. basically any number of things as you transition from 1 zone to the next that is nearly unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    You could also moving between 'Zones' in WoW that tends to produce a moment of lag depending on settings, internet, etc. basically any number of things as you transition from 1 zone to the next that is nearly unavoidable.
    It only really happens in heavy "object" zones. Like dense forests for example where I guess it has to load all those 2D tree graphics for each individual tree. Lets say I go to thousand needles, I can fly from one end of the zone to the other, all settings on ultra, vsync, you name it without one hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    It only really happens in heavy "object" zones. Like dense forests for example where I guess it has to load all those 2D tree graphics for each individual tree. Lets say I go to thousand needles, I can fly from one end of the zone to the other, all settings on ultra, vsync, you name it without one hiccup.
    Got it, thanks. I wouldn't necessarily consider that micro stutter, but rather delayed load times. Based on this, I'd say it's 1 of 3 things:

1. Slower clocked CPU. WoW loves CPU and OC'ing helps
    2. Mechanical hard disk vs. SSD. SSD significantly assists in WoW load times, and I didn't see whether or not you had one.
    3. Internet speed and how it could be taxing your connection to the game, though I'd say this is highly unlikely based on how wow's filesystems work

Got it, thanks. I wouldn't necessarily consider that micro stutter, but rather delayed load times. Based on this, I'd say it's 1 of 3 things:

1. Slower clocked CPU. WoW loves CPU and OC'ing helps
    2. Mechanical hard disk vs. SSD. SSD significantly assists in WoW load times, and I didn't see whether or not you had one.
    3. Internet speed and how it could be taxing your connection to the game, though I'd say this is highly unlikely based on how wow's filesystems work
    I use a standard 22mb internet connection, I also use newer generation Samsung EVO SSD. I never got into overclocking, so my i5 4460 is as bone stock as the day I got it. I'm on a desktop so I am also hard wired to the modem.

I understand my i5 is a bit of older gen now, but have been told it should be most than fine.

My motherboard is one of those G1.Sniper z97's.

I use a standard 22mb internet connection, I also use newer generation Samsung EVO SSD. I never got into overclocking, so my i5 4460 is as bone stock as the day I got it. I'm on a desktop so I am also hard wired to the modem.

I understand my i5 is a bit of older gen now, but have been told it should be most than fine.

My motherboard is one of those G1.Sniper z97's.
    Thanks for the additional info. So definitely not your connection or SSD; however, your i5 4460 is somewhat slow. Regardless of the generation of chip, WoW likes speed. The max turbo on the chip is 3.4, which is good don't get me wrong, but WoW absolutely loves 4Ghz plus, so just something to keep in mind

Thanks for the additional info. So definitely not your connection or SSD; however, your i5 4460 is somewhat slow. Regardless of the generation of chip, WoW likes speed. The max turbo on the chip is 3.4, which is good don't get me wrong, but WoW absolutely loves 4Ghz plus, so just something to keep in mind
    I'm all ears could you suggest an updated CPU for my mobo that is not ball buster price tagged. I really don't play much outside of WoW so I don't need a 4k machine quite yet.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    4690k and a decent cooler, job done

I'm all ears could you suggest an updated CPU for my mobo that is not ball buster price tagged. I really don't play much outside of WoW so I don't need a 4k machine quite yet.
    Sorry this took a couple days. What's your MB?

Sorry this took a couple days. What's your MB?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128706

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Also vsync is a GOOD thing, dont listen to dude above.
    It's only a good thing if your pc keeps 60fps+ for most of the time.

If you drop to 59fps you immediately get 30fps and this switching is even worse than a few tears imo.

Nowadays I tend to keep VSync disabled and limit the ingame fps to 60fps. It's a better solution in terms of visual quality vs. smoothness.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had this occur to me while raiding, just happened suddenly and was incredibly annoying. I know it won't help but I honestly can't remember what the cause was, it might have been a GPU driver update and I rolled back to an older version. I can't remember but I'll try and think of what it was and let you know.

Come to think of it, it might have been dust build-up in my case which was throttling the gpu. I remember sitting in my garrison and my fps would literally go from 100+ down to 10 and back up again, then down to 3 fps and back to 100. I just took my graphics card out, aswell as my RAM and literally blew into the card lol. Probably not the best way to do it, but its been fine ever since anyways. (it was around the same time I had the stuttering also) That's all I got, hope it helps.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2016-07-01 at 05:00 PM.

Just an update.

Going to drop the most "duh" thing on you I possibly can.

Apparently I was still running drivers from Nov 2015. I updated to most recent drivers and the issue seems to have corrected itself.

It never occurred to me to start at this simple solution as no other game I play was displaying any problems.

Just an update.

Going to drop the most "duh" thing on you I possibly can.

Apparently I was still running drivers from Nov 2015. I updated to most recent drivers and the issue seems to have corrected itself.

It never occurred to me to start at this simple solution as no other game I play was displaying any problems.
    Glad to hear, based on your responses I assumed you did the basics...looks like you're good to go

Glad to hear, based on your responses I assumed you did the basics...looks like you're good to go
    The only thing I hate about drivers fixing problems is you never know exactly what was addressed.

I'm the kind of person when something fixes something else, I would like to know from a knowledge standpoint, what exactly happened.

Doesn't happen that way in the PC world unfortunately. LOL