Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I find very petty the idea that if someone tries to humiliate you in front of others, you have to humiliate them instead (by hitting them) in order to "win". If someone sees me beneath them, I really couldn't care less. I do not care much about bullies, they barely affect me any more (been through a lot of bullying in high school, learned how to deal with it), and most of the times I can easily make them look like fools. If they hit me and don't intend to stop, THEN, in self-defense, I might hit back. But still, I believe in the principle, "The best fight is the one that never happened".
    I wasn't talking about hitting them for humiliating you. If they toss a drink in your face, they have earned a drink in theirs and so on. Only give what they gave, no more.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Lots of useless woman beaters in this thread.
    Yup. And if you ever had a woman in your life who was important to you who took a good swing at me, i'd knock her lights out too. Equality.
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]
    TROLLS BE TROLLIN'

Deleted
    It makes absolutely no difference what gender or sex your assailant is. Even age makes no difference. The steps you take are always the same. "Chivalry" is not one of those steps.

Minds me of the flak Whoopi Goldberg got after she said the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I wasn't talking about hitting them for humiliating you. If they toss a drink in your face, they have earned a drink in theirs and so on. Only give what they gave, no more.
    But that's exactly what I find petty: someone behaved like an ass, and you do the same to counter them, engaging in their game. Just walk to them and demand an apology, and if they don't apologize, you are going to call the police: I guarantee that the vast majority of bullies will choose to apologize. It is better than becoming a bully to stop a bully.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Lol sexist much?
    No, but I was properly brought up. I don't know where you ruffians grew up, but outside the slums you don't hit women. I don't get what's so cool about violence vs. them these days. You can take protest against feminism too far. Good manners will get you further than that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer the Fallen View Post
    Seeing lately so many women complaining about being hit after instigating a fight with a man.

Most guys learned long ago not to pick fights with people bigger than them(generalisation, but call it a form of risk assessment), women need to understand the same and they certainly need to get over the 'can't be hit by a man' mentality.

Sorry, but if you're throwing punches, don't cry when you get hit back whether it's a man or not.

Personally I'm of the opinion that if a woman hits a man, she should be prepared to be hit back. I know not everyone is of the same belief, so I was curious what others thought.
    I was watching Lost the other night and a Girl was pissed at a guy so she punches in, a few times in the shoulder. I thought to myself, wow if that was reversed this show would have been set on fire by the left.

I had a drunk girl hit me before a few times and since I don't hit women I Just grabbed her by the hair to show her I was in control and to stop her, she stepped away, it was the only thing I could think to do, I still felt bad for doing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Yes, and real women stay in the kitchen and make babies

Let's not use gender shaming and non sequiturs to stifle discussion
    Just putting a bit of perspective to these violent kids. I know that violence is worshipped in the US, but normal people don't think like that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

But that's exactly what I find petty: someone behaved like an ass, and you do the same to counter them, engaging in their game. Just walk to them and demand an apology, and if they don't apologize, you are going to call the police: I guarantee that the vast majority of bullies will choose to apologize. It is better than becoming a bully to stop a bully.
    Maybe where you live, not where I live. It isn't about being petty either, it is about principle and preventing it from happening again.

You try what you are suggesting here, the bullies will generally just laugh at you because you can't prove anything and it is your word against his and if he has friends who will back him, there goes your word.

So unless it happens in public with others willing to hang around for the cops come around and ask questions, you will get nothing and if they got friends around, you have a good chance you will get your ass beat for it and when the cops come around they all claim you started it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, but I was properly brought up. I don't know where you ruffians grew up, but outside the slums you don't hit women. I don't get what's so cool about violence vs. them these days. You can take protest against feminism too far. Good manners will get you further than that.
    There is nothing cool about violence vs women. But if a woman is going to closed fist punch me in the face several times, retaliation should be expected.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, but not in New Jersey. You walk up to a woman and ask for an apology or you will call the police, you are likely to be ridiculed for being a pussy, and taunted till you either walk away with your tail between your legs, or if you do pull out a phone, you are about to get your shit kicked in.

New Jersey girls do not fuck around. And if you are in Manhattan, they are even less likely to allow you to call the police.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe where you live, not where I live. It isn't about being petty either, it is about principle and preventing it from happening again.

You try what you are suggesting here, the bullies will generally just laugh at you because you can't prove anything and it is your word against his and if he has friends who will back him, there goes your word.

So unless it happens in public with others willing to hang around for the cops come around and ask questions, you will get nothing and if they got friends around, you have a good chance you will get your ass beat for it and when the cops come around they all claim you started it.
    It doesn't matter what you have to prove; the very fact that they will have to deal with an actual authority scares most bullies to death. They might play around a bit, but they will apologize, and if not, still go ahead and call the police: regardless of whether they will have anything done to them, it will make them be more careful in the future.

As for "get your ass beat": if it got to that point, then you have a valid right for self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm sorry, but not in New Jersey. You walk up to a woman and ask for an apology or you will call the police, you are likely to be ridiculed for being a pussy, and taunted till you either walk away with your tail between your legs, or if you do pull out a phone, you are about to get your shit kicked in.

New Jersey girls do not fuck around. And if you are in Manhattan, they are even less likely to allow you to call the police.
    What do you mean "allow"? What can they do not to allow you call the police? If the person is actually trying to take away your phone, or prevent you from using it with violence, then they are essentially robbing you, and you have a valid right to hit them them in order to protect your possessions.

The point is, most bullies, regardless of what you can prove, will back down as soon as they are faced with the prospect of dealing with authorities. And if the bully isn't backing down, then you have full right for self-defense. Their gender is absolutely irrelevant.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    Gay guys slap they don't hit

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I dont think that (the majority of) men think its acceptable to grope. Meanwhile the classic woman face slaps man because the man did something wrong (caught cheating, lying etc.) or when the man has a different opinion is widely accepted by the society. And its not always just a weak face slap.. woman attack with full force because they have the support. Woman slapping guy in public situation gets applause... applause for commiting a crime, weird world heh?
    That's because
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    you could suck it up and stop being a pussy. Because if a woman hit you, it was probably nothing serious and you probably deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think a proper man doesn't hit back. What's a woman's punch to you? It's nothing, just wild flailing. Whereas if a dude put an actual punch to a woman, he could absolutely destroy her face. Nah man, real men don't hit back. Only pussies that can't stand a fight vs. another dude take their anger out on weaker people.
    Except if these "pussies" can't stand a fight another dude, they are very much below average strength for a man. So a woman, especially an aggressive one enough to start a fight (since it could indicate higher than average level of testosterone) is not necessarily "weaker people" when compared to the "pussies". Their ability to destroy anyone's face, especially with a single punch, is highly questionable as well. There's variation in strength in both genders. And yup, you're a pussy if you defend yourself and doing so is an indication that you're just venting anger. Because a "proper man" lets women walk over him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

It doesn't matter what you have to prove; the very fact that they will have to deal with an actual authority scares most bullies to death. They might play around a bit, but they will apologize, and if not, still go ahead and call the police: regardless of whether they will have anything done to them, it will make them be more careful in the future.

As for "get your ass beat": if it got to that point, then you have a valid right for self-defense.
    Again, that might be the case where YOU live, but that isn't the case where I live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, that might be the case where YOU live, but that isn't the case where I live.
    Well, then, I suppose, equal response might be warranted. Of course all places are different. On the outskirts of Detroit, I wouldn't threaten bullies with police.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you mean "allow"? What can they do not to allow you call the police? If the person is actually trying to take away your phone, or prevent you from using it with violence, then they are essentially robbing you, and you have a valid right to hit them them in order to protect your possessions.

The point is, most bullies, regardless of what you can prove, will back down as soon as they are faced with the prospect of dealing with authorities. And if the bully isn't backing down, then you have full right for self-defense. Their gender is absolutely irrelevant.
    Then if you lived where I did, you would understand why I would not back down from defending myself against a woman who is attacking me. Pull out your phone to record a woman hitting you, or pull it out to call the police, a woman may end up batting the phone out of your hands, or attempting to grab it from you, or just continue to punch you in the face.

Of course this is not every woman. But since there are plenty who act this way, it is safe to assume it might.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, then, I suppose, equal response might be warranted. Of course all places are different. On the outskirts of Detroit, I wouldn't threaten bullies with police.
    And yes, the response should be at most equal. There is no need to hospitalize a person in self defense.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

If i see red its dead.

Don't care if you are small big medicore female gay shemale men bi or what ever the heck you pretend to be if you hit me you are going down i don't tolerate mongrels don't care about your views on how things should work never did never will.

I have no criminal record, pretty sure the most I could get is probation from cold cocking someone. I don't think I'll ever be in that position though

Out here, the last bully I dealt with I tried going the police route.

The police not only did nothing about it, they actively protected him.

And just about every time I have ever called the police around here for anything, they flat out don't care.

Called one while at a shop about a huge guy who stole something and we couldn't do crap about due to his size and we couldn't tell if he was armed along with the facts we had his information anyways because he was a former customer and could call the cops. We had his name, phone number, with witnesses and on camera. The police refused to even assign it to an officer and said unless he took something worth over a thousand dollars, it wasn't worth their time.

Called the police when I was house sitting for a friend and someone was repeatedly trying to break in. I ended up chasing them into the woods with a shotgun and scared them off so fast they dropped the prybar they were trying to pry the door open with. The police sent 1 car with 2 officers who refused to step more than 5 feet from their vehicle, look at the prybar, or see where they damaged the door prying on it. All they did is laugh and say "At least they didn't get in", hopped in their car and drove off.

Literally the only time the police have done anything to actively help me or my friends was when two of my friends got shot when someone tried a home invasion at their house and the police only spent about 30 minutes looking at the crime scene and the next 6 hours tearing my friends house apart looking for pot. They caught the guys who did it but I am not sure if it was because they were actively trying or because the guy had already made the news a month prior for killing someone in a similar incident and their public image already rested on it.

You call the police because you were hit, they won't bother looking at you twice unless have some major marks to prove it and even then really don't care because it is typically a misdemeanor and they get no money out of it.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2016-07-01 at 06:53 PM.

Two things people still aren't understanding in this thread:

1. You don't have a right to retaliate if someone hits you. Retaliation is not defense. If you need to defend yourself, that's something different.

2. Proportionality is something that will be taken into account. Just as I would get the book thrown at me for pummeling some guy, despite being a girl, because I'm a former professional athlete in a combat sport, and I should know better, an average sized guy should know better than to go after an average girl full force. Just as the average guy doesn't have much of an ability to be a threat to me, the average girl doesn't have much of an ability to be a threat to an average guy (due to size differences).