7+ Year Old Account
    Being a big Habs fan i'm a bit shocked, it's gonna be unpopular as P.K. was liked among the fan but Weber is a good leader and a amazing Def. so i'm open to that transaction... We were missing good leadership so getting Weber and Shaw will be good for us.

I'm gonna be happy to see him play for us next season

10+ Year Old Account
    Weber is one of the top D in the world. But if the Habs falter this season. Both head coach and GM are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think that is a better trade for Edmonton. Don't kid yourself, they weren't going to get more for Hall and moving Yakupov at this point is impossible, I don't think anyone is going to bite on that for more than a couple of mediocre picks.
    Hall is a legitimate top-5 LW in this league, maybe even top-3, and he has put up his numbers on THE WORST TEAM IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE for the last number of years (I know where they've finished, but don't kid yourselves, they have been the most consistently awful team for years). They traded him for a guy who doens't project to be a top-20 D in the entire league. How is does Edmonton win this? Surely they could've gotten a player AND a pick somewhere else. Not to mention, was this trade done to free up space to sign Lucic? If that's the case, holy balls do I not understand hockey.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Hall is a legitimate top-5 LW in this league, maybe even top-3, and he has put up his numbers on THE WORST TEAM IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE for the last number of years (I know where they've finished, but don't kid yourselves, they have been the most consistently awful team for years). They traded him for a guy who doens't project to be a top-20 D in the entire league. How is does Edmonton win this? Surely they could've gotten a player AND a pick somewhere else. Not to mention, was this trade done to free up space to sign Lucic? If that's the case, holy balls do I not understand hockey.
    I think it depends on the market, odds are this was the best deal they could get, but even that I can't be sure of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Him retiring early doesn't really factor into whether this is a good trade or not. If he retired in 2 years without the trade it would have the same effect on Nashville's cap.

Yes and no. It doesn't change the trade but then it does. If he plays two years and retires it's no big deal, but the longer he plays the larger that cap hit gets on the recapture. If he isn't traded when he gets tired and wants to go home we just toss him on LTIR and take the smaller cap hit. Pretty much every year he plays after 35 the more we get screwed unless he hits the end of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think it depends on the market, odds are this was the best deal they could get, but even that I can't be sure of.
    Taylor hall is a top winger. No way they could not get a better trade than a 1 for 1. NJ robbed them regardless of a need.

Montreal trading pk for Weber is better long term for Nashville and tells me either Montreal front office really really hated pk or else they're in win now at the cost of the future. Surprised owner hasn't gone rogue after forcing the gm to sign pk in the past. Still think Weber with be better player for a couple years though and will have an easier time in a weaker division.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prepare yourself for god awful free agent signings and massive overpayments!

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Taylor hall is a top winger. No way they could not get a better trade than a 1 for 1. NJ robbed them regardless of a need.

Montreal trading pk for Weber is better long term for Nashville and tells me either Montreal front office really really hated pk or else they're in win now at the cost of the future. Surprised owner hasn't gone rogue after forcing the gm to sign pk in the past. Still think Weber with be better player for a couple years though and will have an easier time in a weaker division.
    Weber may actually get the press he deserves, but I'll say it once again if they don't have some to move the puck for him he is going to look not so great. He's never been a speed demon but has kind of slowed a bit, and his defense hasn't been as good the last year or so.

Don't get me wrong, still one of the best in the league but he does have some weaknesses. They will love his shot, when he gets it on net. He shoots it so hard that if you aren't careful it comes off the boards and is headed the other way quickly.

I'll miss having him around cause he is good, but in the eyes of a lot of Nashville fans Josi had already passed him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Prepare yourself for god awful free agent signings and massive overpayments!
    It's going to be crazy. I'm not sure just how much you will see overpayment. Lots of guys are looking to win and if you go to a good team it is going to take a cut to keep most of them under the cap.

Poile actually seems to be after some guys from reports so today may actually be interesting for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure who is out there the Kings would go after now that Lucic talks have fallen apart. Eric Staal would be interesting if the price were right, but he fell off pretty badly this year and I don't know if he can still skate well enough to be an ideal 2-way center the Kings look for, but things worked out OK with Lecavalier.

Kings bought out Matt Greene, not surprising, he's had one healthy season in the last four years, hopefully somebody brings him in as a big veteran heavy hitting Dman. He has his strengths and his weaknesses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Weber is one of the top D in the world. But if the Habs falter this season. Both head coach and GM are gone.
    No he isn't. He was 3 years ago. Well he is in the top 10. But Subban is top 5. And Weber's contract is absolute shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brian Campbell going to Chicago because they love their old guys on the blueline.
    Lucic to Edmonton, good, I can go back to hating his stupid fucking guts again, man that was an awkward year.

edit 7 years $42mil for Lucic, haha oh god, good thing they got rid of Hall so they could sign this deal... I'm sure most of the other deals will look that bad.
    Last edited by draynay; 2016-07-01 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Loui Ericsson to Vancouver over 6 years. Not sure if the salary is known yet.
    Frans Nielsen to Detroit over 6 years. 5.25m/year apparently.
    Andrew Ladd to Islanders over 7 years 5.5m/year

Feel so bad for Loui He will end his career in the bottom 5 team in the league

EDIT:

Kyle Okposo to Sabers over 7 years. 6m/year.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2016-07-01 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listening to Mcguire on tsn, I think he has a serious boner for Tavares. With Okposo leaving
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2016-07-01 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loui is getting $6mil a year too, figured he would be in that range, out of the Kings range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Loui is getting $6mil a year too, figured he would be in that range, out of the Kings range.
    Will be very fun to see if they play him with the Sedins. They have played alot in the Swedish team and done it very well.

Eric Staal to Wilds.

Weise to Flyers.

Holy crap this is intense.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2016-07-01 at 04:44 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    so many 6m aav contracts being thrown out to players worth 4.5!

That Lucic contract is half signing bonuses and a full-NMC for all 7 years (with a partial NTC for last 2). So.... k.

Deleted
    David Schlemko to Sharks.. 2.1m/y

I honestly have no clue who he is

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    David Schlemko to Sharks.. 2.1m/y

I honestly have no clue who he is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJIb3eRkkxw the one and only of course

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Haha that was a great penalty! If he can keep doing stuff like that he is more than welcome

Hedman signs a contract worth 7.85 over 8 years with Tampa! Worth every penny imo.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2016-07-01 at 05:40 PM.