Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Ummmm.....no. Anduin was 10 in vanilla, and he was 12 in WoTLK, so in mop he'd be around 15-16 years old. Now, he's age 17. And I have to say, for a 17 year old, DAMN IS HE BIG!
    that's nothing.
    im 15 and people look really confused at me when i tell them that im not 20.
    1) and no im not trolling
    2) and i have no idea why people think that.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    This is impossible. Orgrimmar has grown over 4 times it's initial size between Wotlk and Cataclysm, it's absolutly impossible to to something like that, even with magic.
    That would also mean that every threat would have been ended in less than 6 months, and that we had 6 months of peace? No, really, it's not possible, we don't face little threats, we face WORLD threats, is a global war, you simply CAN'T end a war like that in so low timer.

Two years between every expansion is more believable, with one year lenght in every expansion, one year and a half more probably.
    Goblins have towns in a box

Dont even
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it stated somewhere in the DH starting zone that those events take place 10 years before the present day? I'm not in the beta so I can't check.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Isn't it stated somewhere in the DH starting zone that those events take place 10 years before the present day? I'm not in the beta so I can't check.
    Yes. This was confirmed as a mistake though. RedShirtGuy pointed it out to Dave Kosak to see if it was correct, and it was corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    that's nothing.
    im 15 and people look really confused at me when i tell them that im not 20.
    1) and no im not trolling
    2) and i have no idea why people think that.
    Well now that you mention it, I'm 13 and people confuse me as a 16-18 year old. :I So....hmph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Wasn't dave that guy who put in a hyperbole speech about azeroth and how he was dead and all? I mean, azeroth is now a she, and that titan is still alive. So, either dave kosak likes making things up, or you shouldn't take what kosak says seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    blizzard really need to start thinking before opening their mouths.
    i could swear that alex said that the illidari are imprisoned for 10 years there during the gamescom.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    I think Legion lasting either 2 years or it lasting 1 year with a 1 year timeskip between it and next xpack would be cool but I prefer the current 1 year per xpack model. Keeps things simple and if they get too crazy with the timeline then NPC's and the PC's of younger races start aging too fast for them to be realistically fighting still. Considering they'll probably still be pumping out xpacks 14 years from now it's the safe route to go. Whine and bitch about it not being sensible for world-ending threats each year all you want but you have to look at the big picture.
    I have been liking your post up until your reached the bolded part, then I just ignored the rest of it. Just because you are ok with the principles and other people are not, it doesn't make them "whiners" and "bitches". Why does it have to be bitching if people disagree? All people (myself included) are saying that they feel it's less immersive -- no one said anything for example about not playing the game anymore a a result.

I mean, i just logged on my RP server and most people feel the same way as I do, since we all have been roleplaying since TBC together and it DID deal a huge blow to people's narrative and left terrible tastes in the mouths of older characters on the realm. That didn't affect my Draenei and blood elf, but my 35 years old character is suddenly 32 - 31, for example, and his sister are back from "almost and adult" to "a teenager again!"

You don't think that's an issue for a considerable amount of players and you don't want to listen to them "bitching" then that's your problem. You can't stop people from expressing themselves on a public forum, even if it can't be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I thought years passed since WoD? Anduin is grown now..
    He was 13 in The Shattering if I'm not mistaken. So he's supposed to be 17 now... I guess his model is just kind of wrong.

I wish there was more time between WoD and Legion too. 5 years seemed decent.

Also, everyone who does [For the Horde] after the pre-patch is officially killing children.

blizzard really need to start thinking before opening their mouths.
    i could swear that alex said that the illidari are imprisoned for 10 years there during the gamescom.
    I heard people saying they've changed their minds a while ago.
    THe comic pretty much confirms it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Different races have different lifespan, for many of player races 10-20 years are like for us 1 month.
    yes, i said that there's differences in aging/when you come of age in the different species.

but like with high and blood elves, they come of age around the same time as humans do, but they live thousands of years. night elves could do the same, or it could be that their 20 years old is 200 or 500 or something.

draenei are the longest lived race, yet they come of age within a 35 year time span, because as i point out, caregiver isel in outland is a child in warlords.

I really don't have trouble with Blizz using this model for Anduin for ages 17 and up. Still looks younger than any of the player models.

I still vehemently disregard this timeline. I don't care what Blizzard says, none of the expansions too place over a single year. That's not how wars work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by riccaz View Post
    So is legion year 32 or 10 years after Wrath wich would make it year 37 come Legion? If it's year 32 then Anduin is only 15 if he was 10 during Wrath, seems a little young for a King.
    His age has been retconned numerous times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You misunderstood, what I meant is that 20 years for Night Elf is perceived like 1 month for you an me, i.e. 20 years for Night Elf is like 1 month in their perspective.

But maybe I just didn't word it properly, English is not my mother language.
    That's not how perception works. They live long, but they perceive time at the same speed that we do. They age at the same rate that we do; that is, until they reach the point where physical ageing ceases.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

I really don't have trouble with Blizz using this model for Anduin for ages 17 and up. Still looks younger than any of the player models.
    That and he can grow into it like a kid into a new pair of shoes. This way blizz finally doesn't have to give him a new model every other expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    I still vehemently disregard this timeline. I don't care what Blizzard says, none of the expansions too place over a single year. That's not how wars work.

- - - Updated - - -

His age has been retconned numerous times.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not how perception works. They live long, but they perceive time at the same speed that we do. They age at the same rate that we do; that is, until they reach the point where physical ageing ceases.
    Well you can headcanon whatever you want but that doesn't override official sources. Canon and realistic are not the same thing. I'm more concerned with the fact we ought to be running out of soldiers by now. IMO WoW needs a five or ten year time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by riccaz View Post
    So is legion year 32 or 10 years after Wrath wich would make it year 37 come Legion? If it's year 32 then Anduin is only 15 if he was 10 during Wrath, seems a little young for a King.
    I'm pretty sure Anduin wasn't 8 in Vanilla, and he certainly wasn't 13 in MoP. Don't know where you're getting that from.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    However unrealistic it may be, that's the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I'm pretty sure Anduin wasn't 8 in Vanilla, and he certainly wasn't 13 in MoP. Don't know where you're getting that from.

However unrealistic it may be, that's the timeline.
    I believe he was stated to be 10 in Vanilla, either in the manual or in a quest, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Yeah, more like a year break between each event and the other to be honest, and year of campaigning against it.

Like please, the game is now 12 years old, but only 7 years passed from vanilla to Legion?

Honestly this kind of breaks my immersion.
    They aren't counting the content droughts.

(Sorry, I could not resist. )

OOTH, I am with those who say 7 years doesn't seem right. Anduin's aged up more than that.

Just because the dwarf woke up doesn't mean legion is only 4 years after cata. He says it will be soon and he needs to travel all over to warn everyone. It could still follow the 5 year skip after WoD.

Considering none of the playable races age like real life humans, they could have definitely separated these events a lot more.

It'd be better to have Varian be 70 and look 40 than to have Anduin be 15 and look 30.

They made a pretty decent timeline for Chronicles, couldn't they think of a better way to pace everything after that?
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-07-01 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Just because the dwarf woke up doesn't mean legion is only 4 years after cata. He says it will be soon and he needs to travel all over to warn everyone. It could still follow the 5 year skip after WoD.
    There's no five year time skip after WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Considering none of the playable races age like real life humans, they could have definitely separated these events a lot more.

It'd be better to have Varian be 70 and look 40 than to have Anduin be 15 and look 30.

They made a pretty decent timeline for Chronicles, couldn't they think of a better way to pace everything after that?
    Don't bring logic into this. We don't want it. We don't want you. We rather attack each other instead for having different opinions and preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I have been liking your post up until your reached the bolded part, then I just ignored the rest of it. Just because you are ok with the principles and other people are not, it doesn't make them "whiners" and "bitches". Why does it have to be bitching if people disagree? All people (myself included) are saying that they feel it's less immersive -- no one said anything for example about not playing the game anymore a a result.

I mean, i just logged on my RP server and most people feel the same way as I do, since we all have been roleplaying since TBC together and it DID deal a huge blow to people's narrative and left terrible tastes in the mouths of older characters on the realm. That didn't affect my Draenei and blood elf, but my 35 years old character is suddenly 32 - 31, for example, and his sister are back from "almost and adult" to "a teenager again!"

You don't think that's an issue for a considerable amount of players and you don't want to listen to them "bitching" then that's your problem. You can't stop people from expressing themselves on a public forum, even if it can't be changed.
    I liked your post up until the bolded part, then I just ignored the rest of it. Speaking for other people and making up statistics doesn't make your point more valid.

And maybe you'll have a learned a lesson about making finite plans for your character's ages long before anything was confirmed based off a general remark made by a non-lore guy that could have easily applied to RL years the day the expansion was announced. Next time your character won't go from 35 to 31-32 when things are actually confirmed.
    Last edited by Erbel; 2016-07-01 at 09:55 PM.