Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    So what? If it works only 1 time out of 100 and only saves 1 life it would still be worth it.
    Woah woah woah! That only works for gun control. Sorry , can't use that one for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Often what not it gives incorrect information. Thus damaging more your campaign than helping it.
    You have to remember that we're not just randomly grabbing people off the street and torturing them to tell us where Bin Laden is. We're talking about captives who we typically have reconnaissance on, we know what questions they have answers to, and which they do not. Our interrogators understand how to fish out simple information, verify it's truthfulness, and move through a progression of questions that get us answers or partial answers. Even when interviewees are lying or giving bad information, they're telling us usable information in some form. Using the blanket statement that waterboarding gives no usable information is just a flat out lie. When a professional interrogator, reaches a point that they're confident waterboarding will coerce usable information, that is believed to be extremely important to the safety of the homeland, why tie their hands?

You can argue against torture on the principle of human decency. You cannot argue that you know how to interrogate people better than professionals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Torture works at getting someone to tell you what you want to hear.....and people like Donald trump love to be told what they want to hear. If you want the truth, torture is pretty awful
    Holy shit, I am going to agree with Satimy. Well said.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    While I'm completely against the idea and find that truly evil as it would harm innocent people, that would undoubtedly solve the issue.
    You'd very likely just make the rest of the world go against you if you were to commit genocide as a nation. It would also probably lead to other terrorist organizations who'd want to bring harm to us. It really wouldn't solve the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Devil's Breath
    I googled it. It literally says that it turns people into mindless zombies. It is the best way NOT to get any information.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Except it doesn't, it removes all will, you can literally make someone give any information that they actually know, or you could make them gouge their own eyes out.
    So turns them into a living puppet slave. Sounds totally moral! Especially if it's permanent.

Deleted
    Devil's Breath
    It makes people into a drooling retard, good luck getting exact, accurate information out of someone that can barely remember his own name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it doesn't, it removes all will, you can literally make someone give any information that they actually know, or you could make them gouge their own eyes out.
    It induces powerful hallucinations, you suffer memory problems, you lose free will (which means you cannot control what and when you say)... You can say any random stuff while being interrogated, and the interrogators will never know if it even makes sense, let alone if it is true.

So no, it is useless for getting information. It might be useful for getting someone who resists for long to sign a document with confession, I guess - but that's about it.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Most CIA directors and spies agree that some forms of torture are a very useful tool, waterboarding included. If you get captured by the CIA for interrogation, you fucked up hardcore and are 99% guilty or guilty by association. Even tortured information is useful

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Woah woah woah! That only works for gun control. Sorry , can't use that one for something else.
    LOL such a moronic statement. In this scenario, we are inflicting severe harm and torturing people. In gun control we are restricting access to weapons. The fact that you can't see the difference makes me hope that you are a unich.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote for in depth testing on war criminals then, lets see if it can magic us up some answers.
    Why don't we test it on you? You seem to be a big fan of it, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Most CIA directors and spies agree that some forms of torture are a very useful tool, waterboarding included. If you get captured by the CIA for interrogation, you fucked up hardcore and are 99% guilty or guilty by association. Even tortured information is useful
    Link to a source for this, because they last time the government and intelligence agencies looked into the usefulness of torture they found it didn't work well. At all.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-fg-...210-story.html

Also, kudo's to the, "Well, if the CIA grabbed you, you must be guilty!" nonsense. Because clearly the CIA has never made any mistakes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...120301476.html

Nope, doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-07-01 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Torture works at getting someone to tell you what you want to hear.....and people like Donald trump love to be told what they want to hear. If you want the truth, torture is pretty awful
    Not so much defending torture, but I think it depends on what one is trying to gain out of the process. I remember watching a Delta Force training video, and the early comments from the instructors talking about the initial weeding out process was "We don't need to get in people's faces and yell, we have better means to break you". I think if it's a case of "Give me the password" Torture has a better chance of working. Give me a list of names of other terrorists, you're just going to get a bunch of made up names.

If it's a well established fact that it doesn't work period, then why would anyone do it? This wouldn't be up for debate, because there would be no need in doing it, because everyone knows it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-07-01 at 07:07 PM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    How are there still people who support this dude?
    Because the other option is hillary. I hate both. But i prefer the one that's a rational adult.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

7+ Year Old Account
    Because I haven't harmed an innocent.

- - - Updated - - -

Well aren't you the cutest.
    But if a terrorist says you were guilty of torture, it would be OK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leotheras the blind View Post
    except that's not at all what i said. Get a war criminal, force them under devils breath over long periods of time, see if you can get information out of them, start simple and pry deeper, see if it works under specific conditions.
    Devil's breath is not a magic truth serum, you're living in an imaginary world. You've failed 3rd grade English, and now you're failing reality.

Deleted
    Except that's not at all what I said. Get a war criminal, force them under devils breath over long periods of time, see if you can get information out of them, start simple and pry deeper, see if it works under specific conditions.
    They would be dead, good job you just lost a source of information!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Because torture is the least effective method of gathering information.
    No, killing them is.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Unreal, I don't recall any presidential or PM candidate (in a western country atleast) who had more torture on the program in their campaign, the guy makes the different right wing parties in various European country seem somewhat sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    If torture never works then people wouldn't have done it throughout history.
    People who claim torture does not work watch too many movies.
    Once witnessed the interrogators break an iraqi with nothing more than an empty plastic water bottle.
    They never touched him. The sound they made with it apparently was frightening to him.
    Gave information that helped lead to the demise of a well known sniper in the area.

yeah. torture doesn't work.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP