Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Because at this point now that the Sunwell has been restored the only identity Highelves have is they're not Horde.

The whole divide was over a practice that no longer exists.

Pretty much all the remaining High Elves are bitter assholes who do everything in their power to make their own people suffer because they joined the Horde. Because at this point there is -no- reason for the divide to exist other than not wanting to ally with the Horde.
    but that's always just been a plot device - who says the only identity of high elves is that they're not horde?

there seems to be some clear ideological and philosophical differences between the two groups a creative developer could easily expand on or emphasize to show the two are different. They have different views on the magic for one - high elves believe in balance and harmony, blood elves believe in power and using or doing whatever it takes to survive, use to be power at all costs, but they've softend from that.

Also there are other ways you can make them more distinct aside from being on the other faction. Eye colour is one, but also colour themes - the blue and silver versus red and gold, you can even have Silvermoon have a blue half and a red half, have high elf villages and blood elf ones so they are presented as two sides of the same race. And yes, high elves could be friendly with the alliance even if players cannot play with them on the alliance, whiles blood elves fully horde, if they made high elves playable on the horde, it would be something like a high elf project to reach out to their blood elven kin to help them. or whatever excuse.. you don't have to have all the high elves on the horde either as has been said earlier. You can have some still on the alliance only, whiles this other group, alliance friendly helps out the horde.

it's all in the story, it's quite possible i feel and would be good too, I feel also.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    but that's always just been a plot device - who says the only identity of high elves is that they're not horde?

there seems to be some clear ideological and philosophical differences between the two groups a creative developer could easily expand on or emphasize to show the two are different. They have different views on the magic for one - high elves believe in balance and harmony, blood elves believe in power and using or doing whatever it takes to survive, use to be power at all costs, but they've softend from that.

Also there are other ways you can make them more distinct aside from being on the other faction. Eye colour is one, but also colour themes - the blue and silver versus red and gold, you can even have Silvermoon have a blue half and a red half, have high elf villages and blood elf ones so they are presented as two sides of the same race. And yes, high elves could be friendly with the alliance even if players cannot play with them on the alliance, whiles blood elves fully horde, if they made high elves playable on the horde, it would be something like a high elf project to reach out to their blood elven kin to help them. or whatever excuse.. you don't have to have all the high elves on the horde either as has been said earlier. You can have some still on the alliance only, whiles this other group, alliance friendly helps out the horde.

it's all in the story, it's quite possible i feel and would be good too, I feel also.
    I wouldn't say color pallet would be that much of an impact on moat players, but lor'themar sure as hell wouldn't have half of silvermoon painted blue to make the high elves feel special. Red and gold are the colors of Quel'thalas and he wouldnt change that for the high elves.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-07-01 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I wouldn't say color pallet would be that much of an impact on moat players, but lor'themar sure as hell wouldn't have half of silvermoon painted blue to make the high elves feel special. Red and gold are the colors of Quel'thalas and he wouldnt change that for the high elves.
    They could try purple

I don't think Blizzard will update the Quel'Thalas zone anytime soon though.

They could....

But there's also no point to it. They'd give the Horde no new model...no new lore...no new stories...and it'd undo the High Elf story we do have

High Elves make a degree of sense on the Alliance side but I for one don't want my model being shared. And if you are going to do up a new model anyway...why use High Elfs?

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    They could....

But there's also no point to it. They'd give the Horde no new model...no new lore...no new stories...and it'd undo the High Elf story we do have

High Elves make a degree of sense on the Alliance side but I for one don't want my model being shared. And if you are going to do up a new model anyway...why use High Elfs?
    Exactly. Who but the vocal few who want high elves on the alliance for lore reasons is going to be excited for high elves? It won't be a big draw to pull in new players. New races are a big selling point for expansions. If they just copy the blood elf model and change the eyes, people will cry foul. If they make a whole new model, then why make a second elf race for the Alliance if you're putting in resources for a new model anyway? High elves don't really have much to offer in terms of bringing something new to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Ummmm no to both you and the poster you quoted.

The blood elves WERE high elves until Arthas first of all. Secondly, the "drug addicts" you're talking about are in game as wretched. Thirdly, the split between them only truly occurred when they began to siphon magic from living creatures.

So, no, high elves and blood elves should not look different because they are different in only name for the most part.
    You seem to be misunderstanding that when I say they would look different, I mean that they would look distinguishable from blood elves for gameplay purposes. Remember, one of blizzard's core values is gameplay first, so they would easily make high elves distingushable from blood elves if they ever implemented them as a class. Again, blood elves used night elf models in vanilla, and they could've *easily* jsut copy pasted them into the character created as they were if they wanted but didn't because it would be bad for the gameplay. Again, we're talking about slight changes to set them slightly apart, not making them look like a completely new race.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    You seem to be misunderstanding that when I say they would look different, I mean that they would look distinguishable from blood elves for gameplay purposes. Remember, one of blizzard's core values is gameplay first, so they would easily make high elves distingushable from blood elves if they ever implemented them as a class. Again, blood elves used night elf models in vanilla, and they could've *easily* jsut copy pasted them into the character created as they were if they wanted but didn't because it would be bad for the gameplay. Again, we're talking about slight changes to set them slightly apart, not making them look like a completely new race.
    Here's the thing though. Artistically they were never meant to look like night elves. They were put in that way because there weren't enough night/blood elf npcs to justify making an entire race of them. Even Sylvannas didn't warrant a custom model at the time. So they took an artistic shortcut. But there's really no reason lore wise for blood elves and high elves to look different other than the eyes. All they could really do is maybe give them a slightly beefier build, but you can't change too much without straying from what the race actually is. And even then, I don't see it happening because not many on the alliance would be excited for a second elf race, especially one that's so similar to blood elves even if they got a new model.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    They could....

not necessarily, I think some of you think this is about playability, no, not necessarily, are you forgetting factions and sub-factions can be interesting without being playable? why are you all so hung up on high elves being playable or not playable, can you not appreciate an interesting story or development that makes the group more interesting? what are you loyal too? the race or the faction? if it is the race, i'm betting you'd love every exposure they get, whether as blood elves, high elves, darkfallen, wretched, fel elves, san'lyan - whatever, it's is the faction then I can understand your hatred of high elves, but whether you like it or not, it makes the blood elf group more interesting to be more diversified, and face it you wouldn't be hating on this like you are if high elf weren't currently perceived as alliance... which means it is actually faction orientated, not any genuine concern, just horde blood elves don't want to lose blood elves (they feel) if the high elf gets more exposure, and high elf alliance fans craving and reaching to just have that horde prize available in the old fantasy.

it's not such a big deal u know. but it's really popular.

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe the hate is for how blizzard have written them?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    not necessarily, I think some of you think this is about playability, no, not necessarily, are you forgetting factions and sub-factions can be interesting without being playable? why are you all so hung up on high elves being playable or not playable, can you not appreciate an interesting story or development that makes the group more interesting? what are you loyal too? the race or the faction? if it is the race, i'm betting you'd love every exposure they get, whether as blood elves, high elves, darkfallen, wretched, fel elves, san'lyan - whatever, it's is the faction then I can understand your hatred of high elves, but whether you like it or not, it makes the blood elf group more interesting to be more diversified, and face it you wouldn't be hating on this like you are if high elf weren't currently perceived as alliance... which means it is actually faction orientated, not any genuine concern, just horde blood elves don't want to lose blood elves (they feel) if the high elf gets more exposure, and high elf alliance fans craving and reaching to just have that horde prize available in the old fantasy.

it's not such a big deal u know. but it's really popular.

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe the hate is for how blizzard have written them?
    I think the main reason people want them is that, while they were never the most dedicated or faithful Alliance race, High Elves were a core part of the Alliance in WC 2 and 3 gameplay wise, though not so much lore wise. I think people want to play them on the faction they were associated with pre BC. People want to play high elves, but they don't want to play with the horde because they prefer Alliance. However, I very much doubt we'll ever get Alliance high elves. Horde high elvees would just require a blue eye color option.