Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Class Halls and bodyguard system

Can you use any of your class hall champion as a bodyguard in legion? Do they have different skills (ie. tanking/heal/dps) or does it matter only cosmetically who do you choose? I get that they are naturally not eligible to use on any missions if you have them as your bodyguard.

Why i'm asking this is that i definitely don't want to use some dirty green monkey as my bodyguard if i have other options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Can you use any of your class hall champion as a bodyguard in legion? Do they have different skills (ie. tanking/heal/dps) or does it matter only cosmetically who do you choose? I get that they are naturally not eligible to use on any missions if you have them as your bodyguard.

Why i'm asking this is that i definitely don't want to use some dirty green monkey as my bodyguard if i have other options.
    Every class only gets one bodyguard. The other followers translate into extra abilities, or buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Every class only gets one bodyguard. The other followers translate into extra abilities, or buffs.
    I'm not sure if i'm retarted or something but i can't even find full listing of possible champions/bodyguards from inter_net. Wowhead shows only 3 enhancement shaman champions on their list and 2 of them are fucking horde races and one is some elemental. This is depressing. Kill me...

Deleted
    I'm not sure if i'm retarted or something but i can't even find full listing of possible champions/bodyguards from inter_net. Wowhead shows only 3 enhancement shaman champions on their list and 2 of them are fucking horde races and one is some elemental. This is depressing. Kill me...
    http://legion.wowhead.com/champions/horde
    Write Shaman in "search withing results", should be 8 different champions, some will have "Combat Ally" which means they can be assigned to go with you in the open world, but not everyone is bodyguard, i think only 1 can be bodyguard, and the others will have abilities with cd, just click on them and look one at the time

http://legion.wowhead.com/champions?...0:0:0#alliance

You've got 4 elementals, 2 horde, and 2 alliance. Both Rehgar and Myrla are bodyguards, and Myrla's a dwarf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post

You've got 4 elementals, 2 horde, and 2 alliance. Both Rehgar and Myrla are bodyguards, and Myrla's a dwarf.
    Right, i thought that spec was player spec, meaning you would have only 3 champions as enhancement shaman in example. Thank you.

Still, it sucks, i have only Mylra as option. That loud-mouthed dwarf... "thanks" blizzard... not exactly happy now. But at least it would have been even worse, like ...orc.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-07-01 at 08:07 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post

omfg shamans get duke hydraxis... the leader of the hydraxions... fucking hell mate im so jelly

- - - Updated - - -

Right, i thought that spec was player spec, meaning you would have only 3 champions as enhancement shaman in example. Thank you.

Still, it sucks, i have only Mylra as option. That loud-mouthed dwarf... "thanks" blizzard.
    and rehgar... you have both as options? did you not read? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Every class gets two bodyguards, regardless of the player's spec, faction, or race. For instance, Demon Hunters get Akama (or the Shade of Akama) and Belath Dawnblade. However, you can choose to have a Combat Ally instead, which just pops in once in a while and does a big damaging move or something instead (for Demon Hunters, again, it would be Altruis/Kayn Sunfury and Matron Mother Malevolence).

For Shamans, Rehgar Earthfury (enhancement) and Stormcaller Mylra (elemental) are Bodyguards, while Duke Hydraxxis and Farseer Nobundo (both resto) are Combat Allies.

Most Bodyguards have something to say and have lots of moves - personally for Akama, I hated using him on my DH. He tends to knock enemies around and use large lightning effects that seem like they're enemy move instead. Rexxar was somewhat fun to use as a hunter, since he summons animals himself - but it's hard to tame a pet with him around.

In the end, I enjoyed having Combat Allies instead. BUT, you can only have 5 active champions per character (though, you recruit 10). You have quite a choice as far as who to bring with you between the four Bodyguards/Combat Allies, or you can choose to only send them out on missions. Aside from the four for each class with a special ability, the other champions cannot accompany you at all out in the world.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Every class gets two bodyguards, regardless of the player's spec, faction, or race. For instance, Demon Hunters get Akama (or the Shade of Akama) and Belath Dawnblade. However, you can choose to have a Combat Ally instead, which just pops in once in a while and does a big damaging move or something instead (for Demon Hunters, again, it would be Altruis/Kayn Sunfury and Matron Mother Malevolence).

For Shamans, Rehgar Earthfury (enhancement) and Stormcaller Mylra (elemental) are Bodyguards, while Duke Hydraxxis and Farseer Nobundo (both resto) are Combat Allies.

Most Bodyguards have something to say and have lots of moves - personally for Akama, I hated using him on my DH. He tends to knock enemies around and use large lightning effects that seem like they're enemy move instead. Rexxar was somewhat fun to use as a hunter, since he summons animals himself - but it's hard to tame a pet with him around.

In the end, I enjoyed having Combat Allies instead. BUT, you can only have 5 active champions per character (though, you recruit 10). You have quite a choice as far as who to bring with you between the four Bodyguards/Combat Allies, or you can choose to only send them out on missions. Aside from the four for each class with a special ability, the other champions cannot accompany you at all out in the world.
    Thank you. So bodyguards are "passives" meaning they are always with you and do decent(?) damage. Combat allies are "active" meaning you just use them for huge(?) damage like garrison abilities when leveling? If we exaggerate a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Reportedly Rehgar not only helps you in combat but also buffs your Ghost Wolf form so that it runs at 100% mount speed, though this is not written on his tooltip.
    I wonder if Myrla and by extension the other bodyguards also have an additional passive effect.
    I bet Mylra has some completely useless thing instead.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-07-01 at 11:45 AM.

Reportedly Rehgar not only helps you in combat but also buffs your Ghost Wolf form so that it runs at 100% mount speed, though this is not written on his tooltip.
    I wonder if Myrla and by extension the other bodyguards also have an additional passive effect.

Thank you. So bodyguards are "passives" meaning they are always with you and do decent(?) damage. Combat allies are "active" meaning you just use them for huge(?) damage like garrison abilities when leveling? If we exaggerate a bit.
    Pretty much, their abilities are all entirely different. for Shaman Hydraxis gives you a use ability that full heals you. Nobundo appears when you take damage, drops a couple heals on you, then attacks for a bit until he despawns. Mylra is an Ele Shaman. Reghar is Enhance who also provides a special buff that makes ghost wolf 100% speed. Which means it basically turns into an instant cast mount you can use indoors.

Rogue get one bodyguard. One proc that comes and poison your targets and one that is a cooldown. instantly kill regular enemies and severily damaging bigger stronger foes. 3 min cd.

Rogue one is still bugged. When you are stealthed and use pickpocket the bodyguard attacks your target -.-. Sent 3 bug reports about it. Still not fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except that those "Active" are procs and you don't activate them with a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Except that those "Active" are procs and you don't activate them with a button.
    Depends on the bodyguard. Duke Hydraxis gives you an ability you activate with a button.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Rogue get one bodyguard. One proc that comes and poison your targets and one that is a cooldown. instantly kill regular enemies and severily damaging bigger stronger foes. 3 min cd.

Rogue one is still bugged. When you are stealthed and use pickpocket the bodyguard attacks your target -.-. Sent 3 bug reports about it. Still not fixed.
    It's odd, Rogue (as far as I've seen) is the only class with three Combat Allies (Garona Halforcen, Mathias Shaw, and Jorach Ravenholdt for those curious) and only one Bodyguard (Vanessa VanCleef). Most, if not all other classes tend to have 2 of each, I've noticed.

For the most part. Bodyguards are permanent, Combat Allies either have an activated move, or just pop in randomly during combat. From what I've seen, Combat Allies are extremely useful, either by providing a large chunk of DPS damage, a large heal, or some sort of buff.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Mages have two actual bodyguards... Millhouse and the chick whats-her-name. Then Kalecos and Kargoth gives you the zone abilities.

Deleted
    DK's get Koltira as a bodyguard who taunts, Thassarian as a proc where he does an AoE stun, Rottgut (abom) is an ability where he appears and hooks and pummels a single enemy, and finally Darion's ability of summoning the Four Horsemen to trample your enemies.

DK's get Koltira as a bodyguard who taunts, Thassarian as a proc where he does an AoE stun, Rottgut (abom) is an ability where he appears and hooks and pummels a single enemy, and finally Darion's ability of summoning the Four Horsemen to trample your enemies.
    Fuck that's cool Plus Darion is pretty dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It's odd, Rogue (as far as I've seen) is the only class with three Combat Allies (Garona Halforcen, Mathias Shaw, and Jorach Ravenholdt for those curious) and only one Bodyguard (Vanessa VanCleef). Most, if not all other classes tend to have 2 of each, I've noticed.

For the most part. Bodyguards are permanent, Combat Allies either have an activated move, or just pop in randomly during combat. From what I've seen, Combat Allies are extremely useful, either by providing a large chunk of DPS damage, a large heal, or some sort of buff.
    Do you prefer the passive show up and fuck shit up/Heal/whatever else or the cooldown on demand combat allies?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's not universal. There are combat allies who act as bodyguards, combat allies who give a passive (usually they spawn once in a while) and combat alliws who give an active ability.
    Good to know, didn't know about the abilities.