Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i don't know if you fell asleep during history class but ww2 should prove that no country can survive against a multi nation coalition for long. hell the korean war proved that the u.s. could be bought to heel through sheer numbers.
    It's a question of scale, Bread. In this modern age, it would take literally every other power on Earth in an alliance to defeat the US. And in such a situation, they would have to realize that if we were in danger of falling , the whole world would burn. Nukes are not simply another sort of weapon. They are a paradigm-shifting technology, much as when the very first human learned how to make a bow and arrow.

i don't know if you fell asleep during history class but ww2 should prove that no country can survive against a multi nation coalition for long. hell the korean war proved that the u.s. could be bought to heel through sheer numbers.
    I think you're kind of off base here.

Yes the U.S. was caught with its pants down in the Korean war, the CIA fucked up pretty big by not predicting the Chinese counter offensive. We lost some ground at first, and then once we dug ourselves in we pushed them back. The Chinese suffered pretty heavy losses once we started on the counter offensive.

Long story short, theres no coalition that could be formed that could take us on if we stopped fighting with one arm tied behind our back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    It's a question of scale, Bread. In this modern age, it would take literally every other power on Earth in an alliance to defeat the US. And in such a situation, they would have to realize that if we were in danger of falling , whole world would burn. Nukes are not simply another sort of weapon. They are a paradigm-shifting technology, much as when the very first human learned how to make a bow and arrow.
    except the u.s. does not have the ability to produce every single material it needs to keep it's military running....hence why we have TRADE PARTNERS. where do you think TITANIUM COMES FROM?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Except I wouldn't be, but thanks for playing. You stated something that is 100% backwards and now you're mad at me for correcting you.
    the popular myth by those who are frightened by it is that torture does not work when in reality and having witnessed practical application it most certainly does. whereas I have real life experience witnessing it's application and beneficial outcome you have nothing but your mouth that flaps like a gooses ass taking a shit.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I never said to fight fire with fire. Go back and read my post on it.
    yes you did. for at least the last five pages. but nice job backpedaling.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    except the u.s. does not have the ability to produce every single material it needs to keep it's military running....hence why we have TRADE PARTNERS. where do you think TITANIUM COMES FROM?
    Trump will just have Mexico buy it for us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Irrelevant. In a world at war, those possessing what we need will either be allies, or a heap of ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    the popular myth by those who are frightened by it is that torture does not work when in reality and having witnessed practical application it most certainly does. whereas I have real life experience witnessing it's application and beneficial outcome you have nothing but your mouth that flaps like a gooses ass taking a shit.
    So the CIA are "those who are frightened by it"? You saw some jarheads scare an "Iraqi" with a water bottle. You didn't see torture. Stop with your fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I think you're kind of off base here.

Yes the U.S. was caught with its pants down in the Korean war, the CIA fucked up pretty big by not predicting the Chinese counter offensive. We lost some ground at first, and then once we dug ourselves in we pushed them back. The Chinese suffered pretty heavy losses once we started on the counter offensive.

Long story short, theres no coalition that could be formed that could take us on if we stopped fighting with one arm tied behind our back.
    although there are definitely some on these forums that would flap their lips in the best imitation of a goose shitting and possibly cause us to lose some troops that could not stop laughing at them uncontrollably.

case in point one post above this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irrelevant. In a world at war, those possessing what we need will either be allies, or a heap of ashes.
    BWHAHAHAHAHA. oh my god can't stop laughing. your post reminds me of that shirt homer wears when he goes to brazil that has the uncle sam gobbling the earth with the line "JUST TRY AND STOP US". oh btw you do realize nuclear weapons would be the end of civilization?

If we were in a hardcore win it all or lose it all war, im fairly confident we could secure titanium mines.

7+ Year Old Account
    BWHAHAHAHAHA. oh my god can't stop laughing. your post reminds me of that shirt homer wears when he goes to brazil that has the u.s. gobbling the earth with the line "JUST TRY AND STOP US". oh btw you do realize nuclear weapons would be the end of civilization?
    Yes I do realize that. And so would everyone else. And if they think you have the resolve to use them, it would concentrate their minds wonderfully.

BWHAHAHAHAHA. oh my god can't stop laughing. your post reminds me of that shirt homer wears when he goes to brazil that has the uncle sam gobbling the earth with the line "JUST TRY AND STOP US". oh btw you do realize nuclear weapons would be the end of civilization?
    doesn't take a nuke to turn a city into ashes.
    willy P comes to mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    If I didn't already hate America this certainly would help.
    And their wouldn't be a thing you could do about it. But no offense, I do love danish cuisine.

EDIT: what was here before was mean. apologies
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-07-01 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do realize that. And so would everyone else. And if they think you have the resolve to use them, it would concentrate their minds wonderfully.
    no because you would have be to be either incredibly insane or incredibly stupid to use them. pick one.

- - - Updated - - -

And their wouldn't be a thing you could do about it. But no offense, I do love danish cuisine.

Btw, the fact that you aren't saluting a swastika and statues of Hitler? You're welcome.
    yeah because it's not like france britian and several other countries have nuclear weapons and russia certainly doesn't have several thousand of them.....OOPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I've seen negative outcomes. I grew up in a third world country, with extremely corrupt system. Investigation into an economical fraud got the wrong man, who happened to be my family's friend: they tortured him into signing confession, while the real criminal got away. Result: an innocent person got 5 years in jail, and the real criminal probably retired to Bahamas.

Yaaaaay for torture! /s
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HillaryJtrump View Post

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...erboarding-lot

Lets make America Great again right? WOW
    I actually support this. Sometimes a little torture is a good way to extract information from terrorists. Also, they are TERRORISTS, you know, people who put fear and death into people's lives for the sake of it.

Its amazing to me how the left and the Killary supporters blast trump for something like this.

Guess what:

I'm still voting for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok jaylock is here i'm out.

7+ Year Old Account

yeah because it's not like france britian and several other countries have nuclear weapons and russia certainly doesn't have several thousand of them.....OOPS.
    Perhaps, but I think Putin would approve. Something along the lines of " Finally, someone understands how a powerful nation must act when it is troubled by ants."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Is Hitler's mother to blame for her son? Stalin's parents? How about General Mao? How about many people who's kids turn out to be murderers, are they to blame too? No. No they're not. The difference is in the actions.

Did the person kill or maim one or more innocents? Yes [ ] No [ ].

If you checked yes, they're free to be tortured, if you checked no, then they're not.
    You say they are not, but Trump disagrees: he advocated for killing off ISIS members' families, because they raised the terrorists. Torture is a slippery stone: once you decide that torture of a certain class of people is justified, it is easy for the group to be expanded very fast for the sake of the "greater good".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.