Hideo Kojima tweeted about the movie hitting Japan. Kojima is very popular among gamers, let us hope this helps! He even called out on Duncan
    '
    https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...13116653891584

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Hideo Kojima tweeted about the movie hitting Japan. Kojima is very popular among gamers, let us hope this helps! He even called out on Duncan
    '
    https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...13116653891584
    He is known for making games that would probably work better as movies, so it's no surprise he's interested in videogame movies :P

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    SNIP...
    It is not like that I do not appreciate your postings at all,

and it is totally fine with me if you are interested in macro or micro marketing and probably interested in the entertainment sector as well.

It is just the never ending discussion about the movie cannot do this, the movie cannot do that

It is frustrating and not constructive, leading to nowhere
    I'm not posting for you to like or dislike it. Some is opinion, some is more factual.

I'm discussion the topic at hand as well as what to what someone might have posted. You getting frustrated at a forum post is your own problem and when it's not constructive I'll let mods handle that. Certainly not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Maybe quras will one day learn that stating an opinion is a thing, repeat it over and over and over and over and over and fucking over again is another.

It's a whole fucking year we're reading his ramblings about the lore being screwed and now he wants us to buy that passion for marketing is what drives him here. Lol

There's a point when enough is simply enough. Too bad he has yet to understand that.
    It's a forum and you can simply get over it. About all we've done here is rinse and repeat. When a topic we've discussed comes back up, I tend to post something very similar as to the first times it came around. You're more then welcome to skip over it because so far, you're bringing nothing to the thread but what you don't like about posters. Something frowned upon. Either way, I'm just glad you read my posts for over a year.

But lets all stay on topic shall we.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-07-01 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    It has hit 220 Million mark in China
    It was at 220M on Monday, because the exchange is different so often, the total amount changes, it'll hit 1464M RMB today which means it has surpassed Avengers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    So what's the total box office now? It hasn't been fully updated for a while.
    US $45.09m ( as of Jun 29)
    China $221,8m (as of Jul 1)
    UPI 150.47 (01 Jul 2016 (12:33:33 UK Time))
    Total $417,36m

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    US $45.09m ( as of Jun 29)
    China $221,8m (as of Jul 1)
    UPI 150.47 (01 Jul 2016 (12:33:33 UK Time))
    Total $417,36m
    What's your prediction for WW total at the end of the run?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say somewhere near the 430 million worldwide. I'd expect this sell like pancakes once it hits streaming/blu-ray market.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    What's your prediction for WW total at the end of the run?
    It depends on how will do the markets hat opened this week, as far as I know it did vey bad in Japan on OD, but it could gain legs who knows, still unpredictable there. I think the total WW will be more accurate after we see the numbers for this week.
    This week I think it'll be 430-432 WW including US
    End run
    China 227M
    Overseas 185-200M
    US 53M
    Total 465-480

Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    I'd say somewhere near the 430 million worldwide. I'd expect this sell like pancakes once it hits streaming/blu-ray market.
    If they do a director's cut then sure but knowing there is 40 mins that have to be added back will hurt sales imho. I know i won't be buying it before the director's cut version.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    If they do a director's cut then sure but knowing there is 40 mins that have to be added back will hurt sales imho. I know i won't be buying it before the director's cut version.
    There won't be a director's cut if most people do what you do and don't even bother buying the original. Studios be like "Welp nobody cares about this movie enough for a DC"

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    There won't be a director's cut if most people do what you do and don't even bother buying the original. Studios be like "Welp nobody cares about this movie enough for a DC"
    I am hardly going to buy a mediocre film i have already seen on the off chance they may make a director's cut am i? 40 more mins will get my hand into my pocket.

Deleted
    I am hardly going to buy a mediocre film i have already seen on the off chance they may make a director's cut am i? 40 more mins will get my hand into my pocket.
    Here I agree with you, but as a fan I'll buy the DVD even without DC

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    See it this way: the movie is somewhat more enjoyable the more you see it and leaves a better impression. Just seeing separate scenes on Youtube gave a different feeling overall, despite the poorer quality. I either noticed things I didn't notice or got emotional over things I didn't care or didn't care enough in the theater. This said, I don't blame anyone who wouldn't want to buy the first version, I just hope there will be enough people doing it.

Oh, and to prevent anyone going full retard about mentioning Youtube: what I watched didn't show the whole movie, just several scenes packed together. It's smartly meant to promote and show pieces of the movie to people who didn't bother to go on theater and could consider the possibility to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I watched it in cinema few days ago and...it was ok. Nothing special but then again 95% of movies are nothing special. It was quite enjoyable and definately did some things really well. I really don't see why of all things this movie would get so much hate.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm not posting for you to like or dislike it. Some is opinion, some is more factual.

I'm discussion the topic at hand as well as what to what someone might have posted. You getting frustrated at a forum post is your own problem and when it's not constructive I'll let mods handle that. Certainly not you.

It's a forum and you can simply get over it. About all we've done here is rinse and repeat. When a topic we've discussed comes back up, I tend to post something very similar as to the first times it came around. You're more then welcome to skip over it because so far, you're bringing nothing to the thread but what you don't like about posters. Something frowned upon. Either way, I'm just glad you read my posts for over a year.

But lets all stay on topic shall we.
    You are a creepy, welcome to the ignore list

I do not care if you give a damn about my opinions or not.

Your discussion on the topic is moving away from the real topic.
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-07-01 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You are a creepy, welcome to the ignore list
    I'm more shocked that he left it at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It's a forum and you can simply get over it.
    Oh I did. Nothing will stop me from pointing that out though. Again. And again.

Fascinating, isn't it? Sounds like someone should simply "get over it".

About all we've done here is rinse and repeat.
    Oh, I challenge you to confront our post history and see who predictably wins the Redundancy Award of us.

You're more then welcome to skip over it because so far, you're bringing nothing to the thread but what you don't like about posters.
    No more than the last 5 pages disagree with you.

And what I state about other posters is always consequence of someone else showing annoyance towards said posters. Well, except Tackhisis, a general reminder that he wasn't worth attention was pretty much due.

Either way, I'm just glad you read my posts for over a year.
    I stumbled on you in 90% of the Warcraft movie threads I joined during such time. Not much a choice.

At least, this granted me a very vivid image of your "evolution" here. Engaging journey, indeed.

On one thing I agree: let's stay on topic (for what little there's to talk about it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    On one thing I agree: let's stay on topic (for what little there's to talk about it).
    Not much left to talk about.

Well, I've a question for whomever may know; when can we expect a BluRay release?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Not much left to talk about.

Well, I've a question for whomever may know; when can we expect a BluRay release?
    Estimated September 2016
    http://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/movi...raft-2016.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Seems high considering it is leaving theaters.
    Its also opening in theaters

IIRC Duncan said that there'll be lots of deleted scenes on the DVD/Bluray. As in the scenes that would eventually (hopefully) get added into the director's cut later. Might be worth buying it because of that, I dunno?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Seems high considering it is leaving theaters.
    if you're talking about overseas maybe, but it made 10m in a week, info from UPI, it was at 141m last Friday and it is at 151m now, 10m without any release in a week, this week it should stand at 160m, yes they don't contribute with a big amount and OD in Japan was very bad, but as I said it can gain legs in Japan but even without this 25M isn't a problem, I won't go any further to explain you in numbers why I think so