Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    It is similar in the Dutch league. All our best players get bought pretty much right away. There's just no money. For instance our best Dutch attacker at the moment, Vincent Jansen, already has a 20m price tag on him after one good season and not even Ajax or PSV can pay that.
    Exactly the same in Portugal. Sporting, Benfica and Porto can sometimes hold those players 1 year or 2 but then it's over. Look at Renato Sanches for example, he entered the main team of Benfica not 1 year ago and Bayern already took him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Lol, so bitter. If I'm "nation bashing" then what are you and lightning doing? And if you think what I said was insulting you need some thicker skin.
    Never bashed any Nation here. Just said i thought Portugal or other team were better than theme in the matches. If that's bashing...

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Never bashed any Nation here. Just said i thought Portugal or other team were better than theme in the matches. If that's bashing...
    Yep, and then I disagreed. If that's bashing...
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly the same in Portugal. Sporting, Benfica and Porto can sometimes hold those players 1 year or 2 but then it's over. Look at Renato Sanches for example, he entered the main team of Benfica not 1 year ago and Bayern already took him.
    Totally understand that, and Sanches is in my opinion a top class talent. Better than anything in Holland at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Yep, and then I disagreed. If that's bashing...
    Not saying you did...that's between you and Nodotnowin. Don't think he did either tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally understand that, and Sanches is in my opinion a top class talent. Better than anything in Holland at the moment.
    We have João Mário and William Carvalho too. Raphael Guerreiro as well, among a few others. I would like to talk about some dutch young talents with you but i don't really follow your clubs/youth NTs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying you did...that's between you and Nodotnowin. Don't think he did either tho.

- - - Updated - - -

We have João Mário and William Carvalho too. Raphael Guerreiro as well, among a few others. I would like to talk about some dutch young talents with you but i don't really follow your clubs/youth NTs.
    Dutch football is in a bit of a dip at the moment. It happens. It's hard to admit but it is true. We have talents but nothing at the moment that is really worth talking about besides Vincent Janssen who is someone you are going to hear a lot about. He is another one in a long tradition of Dutch strikers (Bergkamp, van Basten, van Nistelrooy, Cruijff) that is going to leave a mark upon the world of football. His story is almost like a fairy tale.

Dutch football is in a bit of a dip at the moment. It happens. It's hard to admit but it is true. We have talents but nothing at the moment that is really worth talking about besides Vincent Janssen who is someone you are going to hear a lot about. He is another one in a long tradition of Dutch strikers (Bergkamp, van Basten, van Nistelrooy, Cruijff) that is going to leave a mark upon the world of football. His story is almost like a fairy tale.
    What's his story?

Portugal could really use a striker too. T_T

https://www.facebook.com/TitanicGoal...1155395950553/

i actually cried when he scored, such an amazing moment for us welshies

10+ Year Old Account
    What's his story?

Portugal could really use a striker too. T_T
    One year ago he was playing in a first division team called Almere City (formerly an amateur team). Then he got picked up by AZ Alkmaar where he started scoring goals like a machine gun after the winter break. He ended up as Dutch league top scorer with 27 goals. This isn't really remarkable in itself as Dutch league defending is really poor but most of those 27 goals were scored after the winter break, so only in half a season. For instance Milik ended up with 24 goals over the entire season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Grim Batol EU. It was awful.
    Amen, fucking tugas would take aids if it was free.

One year ago he was playing in a first division team called Almere City (formerly an amateur team). Then he got picked up by AZ Alkmaar where he started scoring goals like a machine gun after the winter break. He ended up as Dutch league top scorer with 27 goals. This isn't really remarkable in itself as Dutch league defending is really poor but most of those 27 goals were scored after the winter break, so only in half a season. For instance Milik ended up with 24 goals over the entire season.
    That's really good! Good luck for him, except against Sporting/Portugal. xD

3 goals in 5 games for the main NT, that's pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tantor2 View Post
    Amen, fucking tugas would take aids if it was free.
    Don't confuse tugas "retard Portuguese teenagers + internet anonymity" with Portuguese.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Don't confuse tugas "retard Portuguese teenagers + internet anonymity" with Portuguese.
    Sad part is, Ajax got a chance to sign him in the winter break but didn't! And yes he scored 3 in 5 for Dutch national team and seems to have solved our striker issue (strange to say that considering we have Huntelaar and van Persie but they are getting too old).

wales are top scorers in euro 2016

#donttakemehome

Sad part is, Ajax got a chance to sign him in the winter break but didn't! And yes he scored 3 in 5 for Dutch national team and seems to have solved our striker issue (strange to say that considering we have Huntelaar and van Persie but they are getting too old).
    Yeah, they are both 32 already, right? Hope you guys are in the WC 2018 with a renewd team. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they are both 32 already, right? Hope you guys are in the WC 2018 with a renewd team. xD
    Yeah both are 32 at the moment. Huntelaar is rumored to return to Ajax. I am excited! Though nothing is certain.

I personally think 2018 is too early but let's see. Our defense is weak. Defending has never been our forte. Though we are longing for the days we had Frank Rijkaard or Jaap Stam as center defenders. Our football association has put extra pressure on developing defensive talent but our way of playing football just doesn't help. Our most used system is 4-3-3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    wales are top scorers in euro 2016

#donttakemehome
    Wales has been far above my expectations for sure. Credit where credit is due, they deserved to win today.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Aye, got some nice portuguese guild mates back in the day. Still Grim Batol was infested with tugas tho :P

On topic, Iceland ousting France would be an insane moment to witness. The joy of icelanders and the disappointment of the french would give me a boner to last a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantor2 View Post
    Aye, got some nice portuguese guild mates back in the day. Still Grim Batol was infested with tugas tho :P

On topic, Iceland ousting France would be an insane moment to witness. The joy of icelanders and the disappointment of the french would give me a boner to last a week.
    I don't think it's that hard for Iceland to defeat France, honestly. France hasn't been that good since 2006 and specially this years EURO.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah both are 32 at the moment. Huntelaar is rumored to return to Ajax. I am excited! Though nothing is certain.

I personally think 2018 is too early but let's see. Our defense is weak. Defending has never been our forte. Though we are longing for the days we had Frank Rijkaard or Jaap Stam as center defenders. Our football association has put extra pressure on developing defensive talent but our way of playing football just doesn't help. Our most used system is 4-3-3.
    I think you will at least qualify. Sweden no longer has Ibra. You still have to beat France tho or you will go to play-offs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's that hard for Iceland to defeat France, honestly. France hasn't been that good since 2006 and specially this years EURO.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you will at least qualify. Sweden no longer has Ibra. You still have to beat France tho or you will go to play-offs.
    To be honest I rate France higher than Holland. We will have a tough road ahead of us but let's see. We are undefeated for four games. We beat England, Poland and Austria. All three teams were on the European Championships. We lost friendly to France though but we are on the right track. So let's see!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Germany v italy should be a belter. Not fussed who wins that, but I'll go with italy. France should beat iceland, because unlike england they probably won't wilt under the pressure. Wales will beat portugal as they have been very poor and wales have been nothing short of amazing, so I'm gonna go for a Wales v Italy Final. Italy will just about nick the final. Now, if only I had a time machine to put a bet on leicester winning the leage and wales reaching the europeon final, I'd have been put into a mental institute!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Germany v italy should be a belter. Not fussed who wins that, but I'll go with italy. France should beat iceland, because unlike england they probably won't wilt under the pressure. Wales will beat portugal as they have been very poor and wales have been nothing short of amazing, so I'm gonna go for a Wales v Italy Final. Italy will just about nick the final. Now, if only I had a time machine to put a bet on leicester winning the leage and wales reaching the europeon final, I'd have been put into a mental institute!
    i put £10 on portugal, wales, italy and france to proceed to semi finals... £1709 payout. 2/4 so far

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i put £10 on portugal, wales, italy and france to proceed to semi finals... £1709 payout. 2/4 so far
    Wow that's a nice payout, I've got my fingers crossed for you that Italy and France progress!