Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "The Judeo-Christian culture -- and perhaps a
    more apt word is civilization -- has produced over time the law codes, language and material
    prosperity that have greatly elevated women’s status."

I feel like the word "despite" should be in that sentence somewhere. We changed the culture over time, by abandoning those Judeo-Christian values (separation of church and state, abolishing slavery, women's equality, homosexuals not getting stoned to death, capitalism, etc). Muslims can do the same with time if they really want to. They just need a push, that it seems like so many people are unwilling to commit to because they're scared of being killed.

(Note to mods I'm trying to discuss cultural values, which is extremely hard to do without bringing up religion when the culture is directly tied to the majority religion in the region)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-07-01 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep asking myself the same question, but I guess the root of it - it's easier to trash talk down the guys who are not going to respond with a bitchslap.

Many feminists are just fake attention "seekers" with a very warped perception of what equality means.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "The Judeo-Christian culture -- and perhaps a
    more apt word is civilization -- has produced over time the law codes, language and material
    prosperity that have greatly elevated women’s status."

I feel like the word "despite" should be in that sentence somewhere. We changed the culture over time, by abandoning those Judeo-Christian values. Muslims can do the same with time if they really want to. They just need a push, that it seems like so many people are unwilling to commit to because they're scared of being killed.

(Note to mods I'm trying to discuss cultural values, which is extremely hard to do without bringing up religion when the culture is directly tied to the majority religion in the region)
    Right, the expansion of women's rights in the west has more to do with the collision with pagan north-western European views on women than anything involving Judeo-Christian values. It's really mostly a secular recognition of human/civil rights than anything else though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Feminists in the west are mostly out to help themselves, or use feminism as a way to avoid taking responsibility for their own shortcomings(men are to blame for all problems). It's not some sisterhood of compassion that seeks to unite and empower all women. Its a selfish, hateful movement that focuses on abstract, or non existent problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You've only described the radical feminism existent in the third wave of feminism.

As with everything else there is, you will always find a portion that either pushes the boundaries too far, or outright misuses something.
    And that is the case with feminism too.
    Good job though, using the bigger brush.
    Of course he's talking about western feminism generally, and not about every single individual feminist. One doesn't need to constantly remind people "not all x". Or that there are some fringe groups of feminists that actually do good. Or that past iterations of the movement were more effective.
    Most people get that.
    He's speaking in a general sense about current main stream feminism. I imagine you don't actually expect every little post to contain perspectives and information on all facets of the subject it writes on.

There should be a "right wing circle jerk" badge for certain threads to avoid wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    There should be a "right wing circle jerk" badge for certain threads to avoid wasting time.
    We'll put it right next to the "left wing circle jerk", "center circle jerk" and "all other circle jerk" badges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's easier to complain about movie posters and video game characters.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You walked into a thread with three right wing trigger words in the title (feminists, women, Muslim). What did you expect?
    He found what he was looking for. A reason to bitch and complain, just like everyone else on this forum, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You walked into a thread with three right wing trigger words in the title (feminists, women, Muslim). What did you expect?
    Less right wingers, duh!

Firstly there certainly are groups in the west trying to raise awareness and support victims of issues such as child-brides, female genital mutilation, the need to educate girls and other female oriented issues such as honour killings and acid attacks. It's possible people don't hear about them very much because even the most rabid western anti-feminists would struggle to make a snarky youtube video attacking them without sounding like a complete sociopath.

Secondly, there were feminist protests about the Cologne sexual assaults but they were tempered by far-right groups attempting to make it an issue with Muslims, when really Germany has other problems with sexual assault, including some archaic rape laws and massive problems at Oktoberfest celebrations.

Deleted
    I once asked myself... who decides sense? who decides nature? who decides normal? In the end I laughed at anyone who called for moral or ethic or humanity or whatever. All freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Feminists do fight for Muslim women, there are a lot of Muslim feminists as well. A lot of work is being done by NGOs abroad.
    Right that's the why the women in the article is one of the few voices working on that specific cause. After fleeing from Somalia and becoming a member of the Dutch parliament she was ultimately pushed out of that position after the death threats started rolling in and her friend Theo Van Gogh was murdered by Islamic Terrorists, she was then forced to seek asylum elsewhere, ultimately turning to right-wing organizations which were the only ones that embraced her with open arms.

The fact of the matter is that liberals in general have not yet come around full swing to supporting the cause of women like her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might have noticed but most feminists are white privileged females. They don't care about the brown women.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't Feminists fight for Muslims Women?

I think mostly because being critical of Islam gets you called stupid shit like Racist or islamaphobic (neither of which are actually true). This on top of Mainstream feminists being the same idiots that generally lead the Buzzword charge on Tumblr and the whole "OMG IT'S THEIR CULTURE YOU CAN'T TELL THEM WHAT TO DO" retardation of the far-left means no one is going to actually try to do anything for Muslim Women.

Also I always hear things like "Well maybe they enjoy the lifestyle and choose to be Muslim!" which also comes under the "omg culture" tag.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    a) Feminism isn't about helping women, it's about hating men

b) It takes courageous hard work to make a difference where women's rights are needed, something which feminists are not good at

c) It's more profitable to advocate greater female supremacy in the west, where women not only have equal rights but actually greater privileges than men

d) Academic feminist ideology is a conspiracy theory, not a practical political movement for women's rights
    ^ Pretty much nailed it.
    There are VERY few feminists (and people in general) that I have seen who are actually interested in addressing the issues in the world that are legit problems. The wave of feminism we are going through currently is as Xarim said, about hating straight men for refusing to be cowed into being held responsible for the actions of every man.
    As we have seen with Trump during this election, it is much easier to manipulate uninformed people when you can point at someone and say "That's the bad guy."

Because the west has enough problems of their own to worry about? Why should the west worry about the whole fucking world?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Because the west has enough problems of their own to worry about? Why should the west worry about the whole fucking world?
    Well I thought feminism was about equality for men and women, not just for western women.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Because feminist fighting for a cause doesn't do anything? If anything, it moves the cause in the opposite direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Well I thought feminism was about equality for men and women, not just for western women.
    You were misinformed.