Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should the USA dissolve?

Given all the problems that the USA brings to each member state (loss of sovereignty), do you think the USA should dissolve as a policy setting government, but keep the Dollar so that each state doesn't have to have different exchange rates between them?

Texas is a prime example of why this is a legitimate question. Them wanting to leave the USA proves that at least in some part, the USA doesn't work as a policy setting government.

Each member state gives up certain rights to agree to the policies set by the United States, and I think this is a HUGE negative.

Or, should the United States become a large country, and each member state would be a state within that country no longer identified as a state? This would mean each state would have to give up even more rights and identity as a state to become a part of one large centrally ruled country.

Thoughts?

Definitely, then they can finally start dealing with all the immigration they have. Potentially millions of americans cross the borders of sovereign states everyday and it's a huge problem!

Amidoingthisright?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Definitely, then they can finally start dealing with all the immigration they have. Potentially millions of americans cross the borders of sovereign states everyday and it's a huge problem!

Amidoingthisright?
    Totallyright!

But as an European, I don't see why USA is a necessary entity. I mean why do states like California have to put up with Florida? It just doesn't make sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Totallyright!

But as an European, I don't see why USA is a necessary entity. I mean why do states like California have to put up with Florida? It just doesn't make sense!

What would we make fun of without Florida though?

Well I think we achieved the level of discussion the Jaylock thread has just in four posts, well done! I'll talk to you guys after my infraction o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Texas is a prime example of why this is a legitimate question. Them wanting to leave the USA proves that at least in some part, the USA doesn't work as a policy setting government.
    A vocal minority want to leave which is why it's not a legitimate question. There are 27 million residents in Texas and polls show only up to 18% of the population supports succession. I honestly don't care if the do or not as long as all the Federal property and monies held in Texas are returned to the remaining United States it will be fun to watch Texas founder and fail. Hell, Take the other leeching states like Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida too. Hell you can reforge the confederate states if you want those states drain the rest of us anyway.
    Each member state gives up certain rights to agree to the policies set by the United States, and I think this is a HUGE negative.
    The whole thing these states forget is this is technically the real reason the civil war happened in the first place. States trying to flex their power over the federal government. If we let states do whatever they want we would have the religious doctrine as law in the Southern states as they have been trying to impose but get shot down by the federal courts. It would be a bad thing for Americans in those states in general.

Personally, I feel there should be a system set up where a state can voluntarily leave the union.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Personally, I feel there should be a system set up where a state can voluntarily leave the union.
    Land of the free can't leave via referrundum?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    It can be like hunger games. The victor can leave.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Given all the problems that the USA brings to each member state (loss of sovereignty), do you think the USA should dissolve as a policy setting government, but keep the Dollar so that each state doesn't have to have different exchange rates between them?

Or, should the United States become a large country, and each member state would be a state within that country no longer identified as a state? This would mean each state would have to give up even more rights and identity as a state to become a part of one large centrally ruled country.

Thoughts?
    Wow, what a creatively veiled EU thread...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    More borders and more self-determination would be a good thing.

Fuck, Jaylock's at it again...

/facepalm... why did I reply to this
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Funny how people started taking this seriously when it was a mere mock of Jaylock's EU thread.....

Theyre word for word lol

"Should the EU dissolve?
    Given all the problems that the EU brings to each member country (loss of sovereignty), do you think the EU should dissolve as a policy setting organization, but keep the Euro so that each country doesn't have to have different exchange rates between them?

Great Britain is a prime example of why this is a legitimate question. Them leaving the EU proves that at least in some part, the EU doesn't work as a policy setting organization.

Each member country gives up certain rights to agree to the policies set by the European Union, and I think this is a HUGE negative.

Or, should the European Union become a large country, and each member country would be a state within that country no longer identified as a country? This would mean each country would have to give up even more rights and identity as a country to become a part of one large centrally ruled country.

Thoughts?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Mormont View Post
    Funny how people started taking this seriously when it was a mere mock of Jaylock's EU thread.....
    Not merely mocking, but I'll surely get b& for this and I want to hear the reasoning mods give in the b& forums since it's the exact same thread of Jaylock's.

It'll be probably just "get bent".

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Land of the free can't leave via referrundum?
    I don't believe so.

Mississippi would turn really really strange if left on its own.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

On a different note, I kinda want to echo the whole referendum question: Land of the free indeed, but why aren't you allowed to leave? Like, I'm European, I don't know the specifics but what's the exact reasoning why you can't leave the US if you wanted to?

Isn't it pretty the chicken and the egg?

Deleted
    shouldn't every country disband and only city's have control? and companies are the thing's that bind city's? wait. let's make nations disband and only have companies left that'll work.

I bet we get more posts than the EU thread.

-- Capt. Copeland