Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

Oddly enough, I don't view terrorism as that significant an issue.
    I imagine those in Miami, Paris, Bangladesh, Turkey, Israel, etc, etc might disagree with you on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I imagine those in Miami, Paris, Bangladesh, Turkey, Israel, etc, etc might disagree with you on that.
    Sure, but while terrorism is fairly spectacular - is it actually an existential threat to the health of the state or society? Not really.

What happened in Miami? All they have there are face eating zombies to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Uhuh My notions about you come from what you have written. Nothing else. But you keep saying you would vote for Clinton. It's amusing.

Oh the Avatar. Yeah used it before but it's a classic. I get requests for it.
    Well it comes from your interpretations of what I posted. I know it is tough to imagine, but your interpretations just might be wrong. Don't feel the need to explain it- I am sure Trump believes all his "interpretations" are correct as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Germs View Post
    What happened in Miami? All they have there are face eating zombies to my knowledge.
    Sorry, I meant Orlando. My bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Germs View Post
    Only everywhere in every country right now. This is hillarious.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Sure, but while terrorism is fairly spectacular - is it actually an existential threat to the health of the state or society? Not really.
    Well it's relevance all depends if you (or one of your friends or family) are killed in an attack. If they were, I imagine it is a big issue for you. If there was never an attack in your town or you never knew anyone affected by an attack- it seems distant. I happen to be cursed- I am emphatic. So it tends to affect me. I am glad you do not have to deal with it. Count your blessings and knock on wood. I hope it stays that way for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's relevance all depends if you (or one of your friends or family) are killed in an attack. If they were, I imagine it is a big issue for you. If there was never an attack in your town or you never knew anyone affected by an attack- it seems distant. I happen to be cursed- I am emphatic. So it tends to affect me. I am glad you do not have to deal with it. Count your blessings and knock on wood. I hope it stays that way for you.
    I try to make a point of not letting my personal hangups dictate my political outlook.

Literally, if I let my emotions dictate my voting habits rather than my reason, I'd be a Trump voter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well it comes from your interpretations of what I posted. I know it is tough to imagine, but your interpretations just might be wrong. Don't feel the need to explain it- I am sure Trump believes all his "interpretations" are correct as well.
    Or they are right and you are playing a game.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

I try to make a point of not letting my personal hangups dictate my political outlook.

Literally, if I let my emotions dictate my voting habits rather than my reason, I'd be a Trump voter.
    Feeling sorrow for people that lost someone in a terrorist attack is not a personal "hang up." It also doesn't influence my vote. For my vote, I look at both candidates and try to predict who will be able to best improve the country over the next four years and then I vote for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feeling sorrow for people that lost someone in a terrorist attack is not a personal "hang up." It also doesn't influence my vote. For my vote, I look at both candidates and try to predict who will be able to best improve the country over the next four years and then I vote for them.
    Clearly not, since you're considering Trump as a legitimate candidate.

Or they are right and you are playing a game.
    If you used the power of reason, you would see that it is not even possible I am playing a game.

There are two outcomes: either I am honest (like I claim) or I am lying (like you claim).

So you claim I am lying and I am secretly against Hillary. If I wanted Hillary to lose, what would I have to gain by saying I am still undecided? Absolutely nothing. I would just relentlessly attack her- I might even change my avatar to mock her- in desperate hopes that I just might convince one voter to vote against her.

Hahaha, I just realized- that actually describes your relationship with Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly not, since you're considering Trump as a legitimate candidate.
    I consider all candidates running as "legitimate."

When it comes time to vote, I will look at each candidates plan- decide which plan I think will improve America the most over the next four years and vote for that person. regardless of their name, the party they represent or what the media says about them.

I like how you changed that subject quick, I would have to, if I was in the same position.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you used the power of reason, you would see that it is not even possible I am playing a game.

There are two outcomes: either I am honest (like I claim) or I am lying (like you claim).

So you claim I am lying and I am secretly against Hillary. If I wanted Hillary to lose, what would I have to gain by saying I am still undecided? Absolutely nothing. I would just relentlessly attack her- I might even change my avatar to mock her- in desperate hopes that I just might convince one voter to vote against her.

Hahaha, I just realized- that actually describes your relationship with Trump.
    Lol you are playing the I am not a partisan game. "I haven't decided." It's not uncommon here but as I said your posts have given you away.

Lol you are playing the I am not a partisan game. "I haven't decided." It's not uncommon here but as I said your posts have given you away.
    I am a registered independent. I voted once for dems and once for pubs. How am I partisan again?

7+ Year Old Account
    I am a registered independent. I voted once for dems and once for pubs. How am I partisan again?
    I think he is talking about a recent trend on starting things with. I'm not X and actually Y, I absolutely despise X, but I'm totally behind X.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    I think he is talking about a recent trend on starting things with. I'm not X and actually Y, I absolutely despise X, but I'm totally behind X.
    Well, welcome to American politics then. It is often a choice between the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    enough boring discussions

Some parts actually make sense.
    0/10

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Only everywhere in every country right now. This is hillarious.
    I have a better chance of getting hit by lightning, though, so I'll focus on avoiding lightning.

7+ Year Old Account
    So as folks know Trump's VP picks have leaked. A lot of attention has been on the candidates themselves. There have even been jokes about Palin being a possible candidate. The world being very small in GOP circles I stumbled on this. Not sure how I missed it before.

"The contenders under the most serious consideration, such as Gingrich and Christie, have been asked by attorney Arthur B. Culvahouse Jr. to answer more than 100 questions and to provide reams of personal and professional files that include tax records and any articles or books they have published.

Culvahouse, a former White House counsel who is managing the vetting for Trump, was the lawyer who vetted then-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for the GOP vice-presidential nomination during the 2008 campaign. "
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...275_story.html

So the genius who vetted Palin is vetting Trump's choice for VP. How did that work out last time? Is this a sign of things to come?

7+ Year Old Account
    So as folks know Trump's VP picks have leaked. A lot of attention has been on the candidates themselves. There have even been jokes about Palin being a possible candidate. The world being very small in GOP circles I stumbled on this. Not sure how I missed it before.

"The contenders under the most serious consideration, such as Gingrich and Christie, have been asked by attorney Arthur B. Culvahouse Jr. to answer more than 100 questions and to provide reams of personal and professional files that include tax records and any articles or books they have published.

Culvahouse, a former White House counsel who is managing the vetting for Trump, was the lawyer who vetted then-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for the GOP vice-presidential nomination during the 2008 campaign. "
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...275_story.html

So the genius who vetted Palin is vetting Trump's choice for VP. How did that work out last time? Is this a sign of things to come?
    Don't dissapoint Newt. I'm counting on you.

The number of terrorist attacks are actually decreasing on the whole, believe it or not.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...t-in-the-west/

I'm on the side that agrees terrorism probably isn't something we need to build a platform on. Defense as a whole, yes, but singling out terrorism is probably more dangerous than not. It takes like 0.00000001% of people to make a bad decision to really affect the way we think, and it's really hard to protect against that.