Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You've watched too much Hollywood, mate. Read a bit on how actually people who have been tortured for long behave; they won't tell you the truth, they barely remember the truth at that point.
    That's why torture isn't done in the way you think of. They recieve sessions of torture, when they give information, the information is confirmed. This can be confirmed by a variety of interviews with officials over the years, most notably there is a video on youtube of Morning Joe where Joe challenges an intelligence official over torture in that he has been told by intelligence officials off the record that it does give valid information. The official flat out said 'yes but we have not released that information to the public so I cannot say that it does work'. Not hard to find the video on youtube.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Lol terrorists would do unimaginable things to you and your family but dunking their head into water repeatedly to obtain information that could save hundreds to thousands of lifes is OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!!!!!

What if ISIS steals nukes and our only way to find them in time is to torture a terrorist.
    Would we A: Allow ISIS to nuke america killing 100 million innocent people or B: Torture one terrorist.
    If for any reason whatsoever you pick A, you are pro-torture and pro-warcrimes.
    How would we know the terrorist knew where the bombs were? How would we know if the terrorists moved the bomb after capturing said captive? What if he lead us on wild goose chases?

Also, we have a missile defense systems for this very reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol terrorists would do unimaginable things to you and your family but dunking their head into water repeatedly to obtain information that could save hundreds to thousands of lifes is OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!!!!!

Hypothetical yet somewhat possible thought game:
    What if ISIS steals nukes and our only way to find them in time is to torture a terrorist.
    Would we A: Allow ISIS to nuke america killing 100 million innocent people or B: Torture one terrorist.
    If for any reason whatsoever you pick A, you are pro-torture and pro-warcrimes.

If you have laws you better follow them, if torture is banned I demand they follow that law and let 100 million Americans die in nuclear hellfire because of democrats who voted for it, because it would be what law demands.

(And No U.N Law is NOT the law of america by any means)
    The "ticking time bomb" scenario is neither new nor is it original and this hypothetical hyperbolic scenario has been brought up countless times already.

The terrorist gives you shoddy information by saying anything that will stop the pain, it doesn't stop the nukes, congrats you spent precious time wasted on a tactic that even the CIA has admitted isn't effective.

Most of this information to be even useful in the first place is time-sensitive. By the time you are even able to confirm whether the information is correct it is already too late, and it would be the height of idiocy to start an operation based on unconfirmed data.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    The "ticking time bomb" scenario is neither new nor is it original and this hypothetical hyperbolic scenario has been brought up countless times already.

The terrorist gives you shoddy information by saying anything that will stop the pain, it doesn't stop the nukes, congrats you spent precious time wasted on a tactic that even the CIA has admitted isn't effective.

Most of this information to be even useful in the first place is time-sensitive. By the time you are even able to confirm whether the information is correct it is already too late, and it would be the height of idiocy to start an operation based on unconfirmed data.
    Difference between not being effective and being useless.
    even a 0.0001% chance of saving lives via torturing a prooven terrorist is good enough for me, I personally don't view terrorists as humans, they are not, they are the closest things to demon that inhabit this universe in my eyes, and should be treated as such.

Difference between not being effective and being useless.
    even a 0.0001% chance of saving lives via torturing a prooven terrorist is good enough for me, I personally don't view terrorists as humans, they are not, they are the closest things to demon that inhabit this universe in my eyes, and should be treated as such.
    Well since we hold them indefinitely without trial, the people we torture are in fact not proven to be terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Well since we hold them indefinitely without trial, the people we torture are in fact not proven to be terrorists.
    Suppose thats true, but we also can't bring them into our borders or they would be provided constitutional rights correct?
    Our military just needs a judicial branch lol.

Deleted
    Anyone else remember that Pocahontas Song, Savages?

It's like that.

If it becomes legal I would love to apply for the job. Waterboarding isis people? That sounds like fun to me. I would waterboard the shit out of them for minimum wage.

Deleted
    I am not entirely sure why torture is somehow more worthwhile against terrorists? Like either you do it for the information (which is highly questionable if it works) or you do it because of petty cruelty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    Instead... be like Obama/Clinton and sit back, heads up ass, sell guns to anyone (except for those Evil NRA American Pigs) and let others commit the war crimes without accountability. "Islamic Terrorism" doesn't exist because Islam is peaceful and Abortions don't kill kids... Law Abiding NRA Members do.

How do you stop ISIS from growing? Love them. Hugs, kisses and warm thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

They'll say anything I want to hear? Great! To bad that there's no guarantee what I want to hear - and what you'll get them to say - is the truth.
    Holy shit you have an ICQ? I remember ICQ being my first account back when I was 17 in 1998. I guess its changed a lot since then, I even got a bit of pussy from there! Can't remember my account number though only my password. I think my account was something like 17890808 but don't think thats it. That is all I have to say
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by HillaryJtrump View Post

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...erboarding-lot

Lets make America Great again right? WOW
    You know that the media, and liberals fabricates things like that, right?

Because, they all know the end is coming for Liberals. They are desperate, only fuels Trump. How is deporting ILLEGAL immigrants racist? It is not, its the law.

Honestly, people voting for Shillary Clinton, are brainwashed poor souls. And this is the only nice way I can put it.

Trump being president, means the Golden Age has come. Embrace it. Not for America too, but for the whole world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Give me 30 minutes alone with someone with nothing more than a sewing needle, lemon juice, and a box cutter and I can get whatever information out of them you want.
    No, you would not. Saying those super edgy things on some Internet forum is one thing, actually doing it is an entirely different story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Trump being president, means the Golden Age has come. Embrace it. Not for America too, but for the whole world.
    Apart from the fact that his presidency would be nowhere near a "golden age" - he isn't president yet, and chances are that he will never be. You calling others brainwashed won't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    If torture never works then people wouldn't have done it throughout history.
    The same argument could be made regarding those centuries spent treating people with leeches. Only you wouldn't, because that would be insane.

Torturing people is ineffective, the CIA itself has admitted that very little useful information was discovered by its use. It violates human rights and states compromise themselves by using such methods. Trump is just an idiot riding a high of popular emotion and disillusionment with the political system and its members.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-07-02 at 09:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    You know that the media, and liberals fabricates things like that, right?

Because, they all know the end is coming for Liberals. They are desperate, only fuels Trump. How is deporting ILLEGAL immigrants racist? It is not, its the law.

Honestly, people voting for Shillary Clinton, are brainwashed poor souls. And this is the only nice way I can put it.

Not sure if trolling or serious. With my 8 month stay here I cannot tell anymore

People are more concerned about infringing on the right of terrorists, than their own safety...

I don't even care if it's "pretty vengeance".
    once you've set up to be a terrorists, you're pretty much non-human in my eyes.

But still, i don't think torture is effective way to acquire information.
    it might serve is a determent from committing terrorism though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post

Fairly sure that petty vengeance could easily fall under terrorism, actually almost lower than that, it has no goal and serves nobody anything worthwhile.

As for deterrence, we literally bomb them out of the blue, if that isn't enough to scare them from being terrorists nothing likely will.

People are more concerned about infringing on the right of terrorists, than their own safety...

I have to ask what your definition of terrorism is, because I'm pretty sure torturing people to get other people to do what you want is terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    As for deterrence, we literally bomb them out of the blue, if that isn't enough to scare them from being terrorists nothing likely will.
    In case you didn't know, they believe that death in battle gets them straight to paradise. Such death, especially instantenous one, is nothing to be scared of.

To spend days, week or even months suffering.... something else entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I have to ask what your definition of terrorism is, because I'm pretty sure torturing people to get other people to do what you want is terrorism.
    You have to get rid of silly conviction that you fight for some values or ideas.

You fight to be the winning side.

The ones on the other side want to kill you. They would do that long time ago if they could.

You need to take all necessary steps to kill them first instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    In case you didn't know, they believe that death in battle gets them straight to paradise. Such death, especially instantaneous one, is nothing to be scared of.

To spend days, week or even months suffering.... something else entirely.
    Yes awe inspiring words spoken throughout centuries, hasn't stopped those fighters from pissing themselves at the thought of dying in all of those years.

I know we like to pretend that terrorists are these mythical beasts of zealotry and brutality, but they are not, they are humans and they are scared of dying because human nature trumps whatever religious teachings they believe in.

Deleted
    You mean like the death penalty serves as a determent from committing crimes in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    That's some edgy shit right there
    Pretty much. I am willing to bet that he would not even poke them once. But like I said, being all edgy on the Internet is easy.