Poll: Will legion overall be better than WoD?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borden View Post
    Let me guess you hate MoP because of 'lol pandas' If so, gtfo and stop being so damn ignorant.
    Actually, it has nothing to do with pandas. What makes me dislike MoP, was the garbage quest writing and boring zone design (Jade forrest and the 5.1 solo questline were the only positives). Raids were mediocre, with the exception of ToT and endgame was a swarm of dailies. The best thing to come out of MoP was the fun I had with my warlock main.

So no, the pandaren were the least of my problems with that expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalanos View Post
    It's always the same: just in MoP everyone was crying about how bad this game has become and how WoD will be so much better...

I like WoD and I am quite sure that I will like Legion too. But I think it turns out as always: announcement -> hype -> release -> initial hype -> content done -> crying about how bad everything has become -> announcement...
    I agree with you, it will be the usual. Give it 4 month after release and players will start moaning. Another 4-6 month, players will whine even more, cry about no more content, elistic players will cry about LFR, PVP players will complain about balance, nothing new, same same but different lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Not sure why folks think yes. LEGION was developed alongside WOD and we already know the mundset of the team. Plus, there is absolutely no hint that they learned a thing.

Let's take flight as an example. And no, I don't play anymore so whether it's added or not is beyond my concern. My concern is lessons learned.

A loooooot of people are angry with how it was handled. The kicking of the can and stringing folks along. So what do they do? Repeat the same shit all over again. No diminutive date, and they already established they will go back on their word until everyone riots and forces them back.

But good on all of ya for being optimistic

- - - Updated - - -

No they didn't. They never even tried it yet. You can't say"I'm gonna try this" and then claim it doesn't work before you even do it. Not even a solid attempt was made. In fact, I think they took longer.
    They were attempting it with WOD, it blew up in their faces when they couldn't get Legion out fast enough, and they said they were backing off from that idea in an interview.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It looks like there will be plenty of interesting content.

They fixed some of the obvious problems of WoD, but they have almost certainly added new problems.

I think PvP participation will be quite low, mostly because of the nerfing of reward from unrated PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe so, yes..I still love WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    How can anything be worse than WoD? It's only going to be worse if they actually try to make it worse, there's no other way.
    Play your favorite spec on the PTR, and get back to me

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how in the name of Khorne and Slaanesh it could be worse.

It's gonna be pretty much the same. People are gonna do all the content at LFR difficulty and then go back to complaining about lack of content and unsub.

It's not exactly a hard expansion to live up to is it. Legion can be bad and still be overall better than WOD.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it has more than one Content Patch it will probably be better than WoD
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    just based from streams for me it looks like it will beat WoD,Cata when it comes to MoP im not sure but as long as Legion is atleast MoP level im ok with it

Already the base release version has more content than the entirety of WoD.
    The real question for ME, is "Will it be as good as or better than MoP"...? Mighty big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Its not such a big challenge to be better than WoD. Doesn't get much worse lol
    And WoD made plenty of unforced errors. Not hard to not make those.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by user12893 View Post
    MOP was crap.
    Debatable. I personally enjoyed the stories of Klaxxi and Shieldwall. Throne of Thunder was also one of the best raids we have had in a while.

The biggest issues I see with Legion so far is that it is not alt friendly or even offspec friendly. Playing catch up on off specs or alts is not fun when you can't catch the rest of your guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodzilla View Post
    The biggest issues I see with Legion so far is that it is not alt friendly or even offspec friendly. Playing catch up on off specs or alts is not fun when you can't catch the rest of your guild.
    Blizzard said already there will be catch up mechanic. Mains will gain traits slower at some point while offspecs and alts will gain lower traits faster and faster than mains did.

it's probably not that hard to make legion better than wod...
    well... tbh, wod wasn't bad... it was simply tiny... after you level up, more or less the only thing to do was raids...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Blizzard said already there will be catch up mechanic. Mains will gain traits slower at some point while offspecs and alts will gain lower traits faster and faster than mains did.
    But compare that to WoD. In WoD, there were five (maybe six) spec-specific slots: neck, rings, cloak, weapon (+ offhand). And some of those could do double duty. Filling in those slots wasn't hard. Most of the expansion the legendary chain rings for offspecs were purchasable with gold. Only at the end, with upgrades, did the ring become a differentiator.

In Legion, it's all about the artifact, which is spec-specific. Even if they put in catchup mechanics it's worse than most of WoD for offspecs.

I think the content will be on par with MoP. Class design seems to be the same, or worse than WoD, so there's that to consider as well.