Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Pointless answer. Real answer : nearly nobody. The EU is still blamed by ignorant idiots who have no clue and no fact beyond that they heard somewhere "the EU doesn't work" and repeat it like mindless parrots ever since.
    Your question was pointless

A % blame EU, a % blame immigrants we just don't know what %

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Can we get this locked,

I seriously doubt theres a single person in this thread (Including myself) or even website thats in a position to make a factual non biased opinion on this topic,
    While we can't say what the future holds for both the UK and the EU, we can at least discuss EU itself. E.g. there seems to be a fair amount of people who believe that the EU is run by non-elected politicians, which is just factually false (and not to mention worrying that people believe that).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Really enjoying all these informed views on the EU and suggested courses of action from Americans in the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Your question was pointless

A % blame EU, a % blame immigrants we just don't know what %
    You're just playing dumb and everyone knows it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You're just playing dumb and everyone knows it.
    So what % blamed EU more than immigrants?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You are aware that no democracy actually works like this? The parliament is elected and then appoints the executive branch according to their majority.
    usually the one that gonna become the PM/president is the front runner of the party/coalition and usually you can give him a preference at last that is what we do in italy; but i suspect that spain is the same isn't rajoy the one that is gonna try a new gov after recent election?
    Currently in europe you just vote for the meps then the various head of the states do their mambo jumbo and peoples like Junker become EU commission president.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2016-07-02 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The whole having some technocrat in Brussels dictate to your country policy just seems wrong.
    And it does not happen. The EU does not have the ability to dictate anything to any member state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And it does not happen. The EU does not have the ability to dictate anything to any member state.
    Exactly.

Like Dezerte said, people don't know how the EU works. But that, in many ways, is the EU's fault. We're talking about the greatest peace project in human history, which have brought bitter enemies like Germany and France together, stopped war in what was 100 years ago the world's largest meatgrinder, and has made the former insignificant nation-states of Europe a force to be reckoned with. To make the EU look like a bad thing should be an effort in itself, yet here we are.

So not only does the EU have to reform, preferably by decreasing the amount of areas it has influence in, while at the same time increasing the influence in the areas where the institutions keep control, but it needs to market itself a lot more. It shouldn't be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Exactly.

Like Dezerte said, people don't know how the EU works. But that, in many ways, is the EU's fault. We're talking about the greatest peace project in human history, which have brought bitter enemies like Germany and France together, stopped war in what was 100 years ago the world's largest meatgrinder, and has made the former insignificant nation-states of Europe a force to be reckoned with. To make the EU look like a bad thing should be an effort in itself, yet here we are.

So not only does the EU have to reform, preferably by decreasing the amount of areas it has influence in, while at the same time increasing the influence in the areas where the institutions keep control, but it needs to market itself a lot more. It shouldn't be hard.
    Greatest peace project? There has been war in europe despite that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Greatest peace project? There has been war in europe despite that
    Yes. Let me be clear, it has stopped war between countries in Europe which are part of the EU. That is an achievement in itself. Don't believe me? Compare the amount of wars and conflicts the last 70 years with the amount of wars and conflict the last 70 years leading up to the formation of the ECSC. Hell, the standard way of settling disputes between countries in the EU was hailed as revolutionary in the 1920s when Sweden and Finland settled the issue of the Åland islands without *gasp* waging war against each other!

Yes. Let me be clear, it has stopped war between countries in Europe which are part of the EU. That is an achievement in itself. Don't believe me? Compare the amount of wars and conflicts the last 70 years with the amount of wars and conflict the last 70 years leading up to the formation of the ECSC. Hell, the standard way of settling disputes between countries in the EU was hailed as revolutionary in the 1920s when Sweden and Finland settled the issue of the Åland islands without *gasp* waging war against each other!
    I don't think you can blanket say that it has stopped wars, you don't know if there would have been war without it

The atomic bomb and civilization becoming more civilized is what stopped war.

Deleted
    Problem here is that if they don't have some control over countries one country alone can run the whole currency into the ground.
    Just look at greece and that is WITH the control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    You think countries outside of EU are better off? Well maybe it's a social development. People believing that souveranity will make them happy. How "happy" is Russia? The US? South America? Africa? Isreal and the islamic countries?
    I asked myself the question:
    If my country was beeing conquered and it's not worse, would I fight that? Should I? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by xfloydex View Post
    The atomic bomb and civilization becoming more civilized is what stopped war.
    How exactly does the atombomb keep germany from starting another world war? You won't use it, not in the middle of europe.

Deleted
    I don't think you can blanket say that it has stopped wars, you don't know if there would have been war without it
    History speaks otherwise. Remember when people thought the Great War of 1914-1918 was the war to end all wars? Woops! Guess it wasn't. Not even NATO can keep peace between its members - see Greece and Turkey.

There's not a lot that speaks for that war in Europe was unlikely after WW2, even without the ECSC. Remember, the entire reason the ECSC was formed was to prevent wars between its members, and even then the French and Germans have consistently had disputes and disagreements up until the unification of the West and East Germanies, when Germany cemented its spot as the dominant European power.

History speaks otherwise. Remember when people thought the Great War of 1914-1918 was the war to end all wars? Woops! Guess it wasn't. Not even NATO can keep peace between its members - see Greece and Turkey.

There's not a lot that speaks for that war in Europe was unlikely after WW2, even without the ECSC. Remember, the entire reason the ECSC was formed was to prevent wars between its members, and even then the French and Germans have consistently had disputes and disagreements up until the unification of the West and East Germanies, when Germany cemented its spot as the dominant European power.
    I am supposed to just take your word for it?

Deleted
    I am supposed to just take your word for it?
    You do whatever you want. The only thing I can tell you for certain is that I'm right.

You do whatever you want. The only thing I can tell you for certain is that I'm right.
    No, you don't know what would happen so you can't be right, nobody knows what would happen

jaylock thread again.

Whats next? Should lesbian marry? Should we neuter all brown people? Are the tories from Mars?

grow up.

Deleted
    No, you don't know what would happen so you can't be right, nobody knows what would happen
    Probability-wise, more speaks for me than for you (or whatever your position on this issue is, it's hard to make an assessment when all your posts consists of "No"). If you choose to ignore that, then your loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Should the EU dissolve?
    Thoughts?
    The EU should become a democratic institution, where the member states retain as much as possible of their national sovereignty.

If they can't do that, then yes. They should dissolve.