Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    LOL, I'm somewhat glad to have not tried competitive then xD

Funny enough Pharah would've wrecked that 222 comp I went against, I switched to her in mid second round and we suddenly were able to push them (they still won, just barely). People got salty though, even if it was a great game. One of the best and most hectic matches I've played but at the end people were just salty that red team was "cheesing" the match by using 222

RIP having fun in shooters I guess

Edit: Screw double Lucio though, damn fuckers are so hard to hit -- especially with both heal and speed boost on because the auras don't stack :P

Edit 2: Pharah the replacement for Windowmaker "lawl I got golds, switch off noob" stuff? Seen many more Pharahs and people acting like that recently. Sucks too because if 1 Pharah works, then multiple Pharahs work usually
    Pharah can fuck up Lucio, once i had me (Lucio) blown away into a room midcast of my ult, and when i've noticed that crossfade indicator shows 1 instead of 4, i was like "fuck youuu Pharaaaah"
    People playing with strangers often get salty about loss. We usually play as a 3-man-group, and we have other 3-man-group in our friendlist, sometimes we play together, sometimes we don't. One time we were randomly matched against each other. It was most fun games in my whole OW experience.

Can't say no to 200 DPS to stationary targets from two Pharahs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Played against a Pharah last night (level 123 and almost all his time on just Pharah.. think he had like 100 hours or something).
    He also had 2 Mercy's flying with him one dmg boosting other healing.
    Was absolutely Horrible to play against, we got absolutely destroyed.
    I guess it's the same issue as HWG receiving both crit-uber and regular one at the same time. S76, McCree or Widowmaker should deal with flying Mercy with ease
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Pharah can fuck up Lucio, once i had me (Lucio) blown away into a room midcast of my ult, and when i've noticed that crossfade indicator shows 1 instead of 4, i was like "fuck youuu Pharaaaah"
    People playing with strangers often get salty about loss. We usually play as a 3-man-group, and we have other 3-man-group in our friendlist, sometimes we play together, sometimes we don't. One time we were randomly matched against each other. It was most fun games in my whole OW experience.

Can't say no to 200 DPS to stationary targets from two Pharahs.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it's the same issue as HWG receiving both crit-uber and regular one at the same time. S76, McCree or Widowmaker should deal with flying Mercy with ease
    I was playing soldier but could not for the live of me kill the pharah, with the dmg boost he killed me in 2 rockets and with the constant healing my aim needed to be godlike to actually get him down (I did with my ult ofcourse, but with 2 mercy's with res ready there wasn't much I could do).
    Didn't help that my team was mostly tanks/squishy healers so they got blown up without much of a fight..

O well :P you win some you lose some!

Toxicity in competative is about 1000000% higher than it is in QM.

Twice today I've had people bitching over the voice chat about me being Junkrat on attack. Twice today I have taken home all the gold medals on the team and we won both of the matches.....yet they still bitched the entire time.

People have it in their heads that Junkrat is for defense only, requires no aim, and is just an AoE hero. He isn't....he is area denial AND is great for taking out people who are in cover. Not just that but a good JR can basically handle any other hero 1v1 save for Pharah. That's his one weakness: It's really hard to hit aerial targets with his attacks....though not impossible. It's always fun to toss a mine into the air and kill her with it midflight. He is also great at taking out Bastions and Torb turrets (you know: two things Defenders love to use) from relative safety. Actually he requires a great deal of thought as to how to get those little balls where you want them to go (I love to ricochet them around corners so I can clear a room without even having to look into the door, something I don't actually see many Junkrats do...).

One of those idiots even went so far as to refuse to heal me all match (again, I still ended up with all the golds save for heals) up until he realized that I was the one actually killing everyone. He finally started healing me, but still kept bitching the whole rest of the game. It gets even better when he started to bitch about us needing to roll a counter for their Tracer.....Junkrat IS Tracers counter (she kept blinking into my bombs, I was the only one killing her...)

Blizzard needs to just up and add a "Toxic Player" under their Report Player feature. It's not really Harassment, but they are being completely and utter assholes.

So let's make it clear here:

Junkrat is great for both offense and defense. His strong area denial is always great, he forces the enemy not to group up, and can keep CONSTANT pressure on the enemy from long range. If you're good with him that grenade launcher almost becomes a mortar.

So yeah....don't bitch about someone's hero pick. Just.....don't. Any hero in the right hands will work wonders AND you have an extra element of unpredictability to boot as the enemy may not expect to go up against, say, a Bastion or Torb on Attack. But it requires skilled players to make it work, as well.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Honestly, I still don't understand where the toxicity comes from. The last open beta period was delightfully free of toxicity. Then launch hit, and since then... yeah.

That said, even from just skimming this thread, a lot of people seem to think it's toxic for someone to tell them that their hero choice doesn't fit a team well, and then come here to brag in a post when they "totally showed that meaniehead."

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Honestly, I still don't understand where the toxicity comes from. The last open beta period was delightfully free of toxicity. Then launch hit, and since then... yeah.

That said, even from just skimming this thread, a lot of people seem to think it's toxic for someone to tell them that their hero choice doesn't fit a team well, and then come here to brag in a post when they "totally showed that meaniehead."
    The toxicity is how they go about doing it. It's not them going "Hey, change your hero." it's them going: "GG we lose because this fucking idiot chose that fucking hero. So I'm going to just not do my role and basically throw the match for our team".

There's a big difference between the two.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Competitive is worse because everyone is losing, like nonstop. We discussed it in another thread, but instead of placing people along a natural curve from 1-100, they just smacked everyone in 40-60, meaning everyone is getting matched against god players and premades until you get wrekt enough to get dropped back down. So even though you drop to say...30-40, that's the 'real' 50. It just feels hateful as shit to have to go through that. So everyone rages.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Competitive is worse because everyone is losing, like nonstop. We discussed it in another thread, but instead of placing people along a natural curve from 1-100, they just smacked everyone in 40-60, meaning everyone is getting matched against god players and premades until you get wrekt enough to get dropped back down. So even though you drop to say...30-40, that's the 'real' 50. It just feels hateful as shit to have to go through that. So everyone rages.
    Early games are early, was same on open Beta and after launch. Won my first two placement matches, and I'm not a God Player, and nor was I carried.

The salt is real,behavior from retards is just bad as hell.

http://imgur.com/a2xWF03

I started Overwatch: Friendly Mode (https://discord.gg/5w2kpps) as a group for gamers where the only rule is you have to be nice. Our goal is to create a positive, friendly community where attitude is more important than skill. There's over 80 of us already so come say hello and play a game or two, we won't bite
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Sometimes it's hard not to be a little salty with the complete bullshit that happens nearly every game.

There are so many cases of people widely missing you with a hook or grenade or whatever and still getting you killed. It's infuriating.

7+ Year Old Account
    during beta i never noticed toxic players, shortly after the game went live i slowy start to see more toxic and BM players. Teabagin, trash talk, etc.
    Gamer at Heart, Always willing to level up my game-play experience. Desire for gaining advantage in video games tier lists, are those that provide me a guide. not just a direction, but a path i can set for myself to grow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Join a competitive game. Two of the 5 other people on my team are on my block list. FML.

I simply message them, advising them that their behaviour is not acceptable and they are toxic to the game and they are being blocked, I then submit a report to blizzard, hopefully if more people do the same, they might get punished.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Where does this playerbase come from?

Since the release ive seen shitloads of insults,wishing you die of diseases,fuck you etc after tryhards losing matches.
    LoL community or? Never played that and never will.
    it's like you people never played any online game

any competitive online game have toxic players, i have yet to play just one game where you don't have people calling you a shitbag and telling you to uninstall the game.

is isn't "LoL Community" it's Gaming community as a whole
    there will always be toxic players

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone begins insulting teammates I immediately mute them. If they insult the other team I don't care, I mainly see it as trash talk that isn't affecting our teamwork and playing.

It's really that simple, there is no reason that anyone should be annoyed by salty players are all. Mute and continue to play, report if you feel that what you briefly saw was overboard.

Report and forget.