Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

[Anime/Manga] Berserk 2016 (may contain spoilers)

Hello champions, good to see you.

So! Berserk is coming back this week (July 1th) as an animated series, and I'm pretty excited. Even if most of the animation is CGI, we're getting the sequel to the original anime (with some cuts here and there, but still). I'm happy!

The Soundtrack looks awesome (I liked the opening song, and Susumu Hirasawa is back with an insert song, called Hai Yo!)

Also, the manga resumed this week aswell, and after many years, Caska finally has a chance to heal her mental regression. We even see a little smile coming from Guts (and that is a really rare sight!)

For those who didn't see the trailers, here is my favourite one (HAIII YO!) :

Can't wait! Lets hope for the best.

Finally! Remember when every anime series wasn't about a group of kids set in a high school? I'd begun to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Also, the manga resumed this week aswell, and after many years

For those who didn't see the trailers, here is my favourite one (HAIII YO!) :

Can't wait! Lets hope for the best.
    Let's hope he doesn't go back to making a 4-5 months hiatus between chapter.

I love the style of this new anime, can't wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Let's hope he doesn't go back to making a 4-5 months hiatus between chapter.

I love the style of this new anime, can't wait.
    The CG in the other trailers is...well, you know. It's something. But hey, it is Berserk, and that's already awesome.

Its like Hellsing Ultimate allover again... sorry but wont wait for a few movies again 12 years....

Deleted
    They cut so much from the original anime that i stopped watching it. I read very few manga but berserk happen to be one of them.

7+ Year Old Account

The Opening says it all.

Crucify those involved in this project. Berserk deserves more than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The Opening says it all.

Yes, because clearly this is the only anime to ever suffer from QUALITY issues....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yes, because clearly this is the only anime to ever suffer from QUALITY issues....

Ok, so I watched the anime and here's what I have to say:

It is not mediocre as I though it was gonna be. It's not even bad. I enjoyed the entire episode, but I'm a big Berserk fan, and that counts.

Positives:

Great tone, same as the manga
    Voice acting is very good
    The soundtrack is awesome
    It is Berserk, so, that counts.
    Hai Yo fucking rocks. It plays at the end

Negatives:
    CAN YOU PLEASE TRY TO RUSH MORE? They rushed absolutely everything in this first episode.
    They changed the story - it makes sense in the concept of the anime, as they are skippin an entire arc, but fuck me if that isn't a bad thing.
    The visuals. Most of the time they work but sometimes they are REALLY bad. REALLY REALLY BAD.

Well, in my early post (just looking at some of the art from the op), I was mistaken. 7/10, and I hope that some of this issues get adressed.

When will english subs or dub be available?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they rushed the first episode cause it was mostly covered in the old anime series and I think in the movie trilogy(not sure about this) too, and won't have this issue in future eps... But damn the CGI is so conflicting... at times it's so good you can't believe it's cgi and others is so shit you can't believe they had the guts(haha I made pun) to release it like this...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I'm hoping they rushed the first episode cause it was mostly covered in the old anime series and I think in the movie trilogy(not sure about this) too, and won't have this issue in future eps... But damn the CGI is so conflicting... at times it's so good you can't believe it's cgi and others is so shit you can't believe they had the guts(haha I made pun) to release it like this...
    Yup. Also, I don't know if I like or hate the sound that the dragonslayer makes. It's like two frying pans are hitting each other, but it kinda makes sense. Still funny tough.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith
    When will english subs or dub be available?
    I'm almost sure that there's something in Crunchyroll that says when the dub is coming out. I'll look for it later.
    Last edited by Lotus Victoria; 2016-07-02 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still gonna watch it, but.... kill it with fire.

10+ Year Old Account

The Opening says it all.

lol. do you know how 2d animation works? nearly every anime has odd looking animations like this when you look at it frame by frame.

--

Lot of hate on this anime because of the CG. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed as well, but I'm looking past it because the series itself is amazing and I've been dying to see a continuation of it for years. I'm really curious about what the first arc of this anime will be, because things are pretty different given how characters who weren't introduced until much later were shown in the anime's rendition of chapter 2 (and also considering the fact that the next episode preview shows that it seems to be skipping to when they met Farnese).
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-07-03 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    If they really want to skip black swordsman (aka the count arc) and lost children then they already flopped. For instance what will be the context for tower of conviction arc without guts getting captured for murder of children ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if the Lost Children arc will end up being skipped. It was the very beginning of the entire Convinction arc and it looks like they might be heading towards starting with that arc. I think they're just messing around with the pacing a bit, I wouldn't be surprised to see Guts wandering into the forest after the whole meeting with the Knights.

At the moment everybody just has to watch what happens or see if one of the staff on the team will say anything about what direction the anime will go in. As of now, there really isn't much of a lead on what will be covered first in this new anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Watched it today, Animation/computer animation a far cry from the glorious artwork of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallon View Post
    Watched it today, Animation/computer animation a far cry from the glorious artwork of the original.
    Ye it's a real shame. Think I was about 16 when I first watched Berserk and I'm 30 now so I'm not going to let it get in the way of enjoying this, it's been a long time coming.

7+ Year Old Account

Ep 2 looks more promising than the first one. Let's hope that it stays that way.

Also, HAI YOOOOO MOI YA HA

7+ Year Old Account
    Update: EP 2 is 100 times better.

GO WATCH IT NOW.