Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Horrible advice. All guilds were done with Mythic 6-9 months ago. No one is actually running it anymore, except for guilds that are about as good as your average pug. Joining one of those guilds is complete waste of time.
    That is just not true, many guilds like mine still raid once per week simply to ensure the team is intact on Launch and we still recruit here and there to replace those who won't be going with us into Legion.

Looking for a good guild is always a sound advice.

@Zeneth: Mythic dungeon RNG and just doing the upper half of heroic and upgrading that gear / making sure your legendary ring is upgraded are the only way to get higher ilvl without stepping into mythic hfc.

Assuming your legendary ring is upgraded to some degree you shouldn't really have too much trouble getting into a lower half group though.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    710 is good start for mythic, Archimonde was defeated with average of 720 ilvl and without ring or nerfs.
    It's not a matter of what the content can be done with, it's a matter of what you can realistically get into groups with. This late into the xpac the strats etc are not tailored around lower ilvl people. The strats are made to trivialize mechanics by over gearing the fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Horrible advice. All guilds were done with Mythic 6-9 months ago. No one is actually running it anymore
    What? Where are you getting this information?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

No one's gonna bother carrying a 720 ilvl without legendary ring and no previous experience. Your best bet is to join a bad guild and do the first few bosses on mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What? Where are you getting this information?
    Really? 14 months into the tier and guilds are still progressing? Jebus people, give it a rest, the horse has been dead for months.

Really? 14 months into the tier and guilds are still progressing? Jebus people, give it a rest, the horse has been dead for months.
    Of course guilds are still progressing, you do realize people don't all start the game at the exact same moment right?

Not to mention that noobist didn't say join a guild that's still progressing, he said to join a guild period.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually ran into a group yesterday asking for 730+ for mythic *dungeons*. I lol'd pretty hard. Yes I know people can ask for whatever ilvl to get through a run faster yada yada and it's far from the first time I've seen it, but asking for an ilvl 40+ points higher than content needs is just being obnoxious.

720 is the min level i would take on anyone doing heroic

Deleted
    Of course guilds are still progressing, you do realize people don't all start the game at the exact same moment right?
    Eh ok, whatever. I was talking about progression guilds, not casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

mythic gear is 730 because valor, at this stage of the xpac if you don't have full 2/2 you're not trying or you're returning and you've gotta prove yourself outside of gear alone that you're worthy of a spot if you can't EVERYONE will take the people with higher ilvl and mythic kills every time.
    It dropping 720 means its tuned around something under that.
    The item level you can get your gear to doesn't have anything to do with this.
    If you demand 720 for the first 5 bosses in this raid you are asking for a carry.

We did them at 710 - 715 and they took less than 50 pulls each when no one knew them how every many months ago that was. WITHOUT max rings.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    find raid leaders who aren't total retards. We started clearing mythic in 690 ilvl.

Eh ok, whatever. I was talking about progression guilds, not casuals.
    And noobist was advising the other guy to join a guild instead of pug.

Try to be on the same page as the guy you're claiming is giving bad advice before you yourself give bad advice.

At this stage you'll only find RLs who would like to be carried... it's already terrible enough on heroic

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    This late into the expac 720 really is more suited to starting heroic rather then normal...
    Especially when the gear from HC is not even better, right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That is just not true, many guilds like mine still raid once per week simply to ensure the team is intact on Launch and we still recruit here and there to replace those who won't be going with us into Legion.

Looking for a good guild is always a sound advice.
    Same here, it's actually a good thing to keep it going once a week just to see who might become a problem and what needs replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    710 is good start for mythic, Archimonde was defeated with average of 720 ilvl and without ring or nerfs.
    By the best players in the world who poured in 600+ attempts in a couple week span.

This guy is talking about pugging. Asking 720+ for entry pugs at this point is perfectly acceptable. Go ahead and form a pure pug with only 710 ish ilvl people and let me know how many attempts you wipe on assault before you quit.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You don't need 720 to do Mythic, thats the ilvl it drops lol...
    Join a guild, don't waste time pugging.
    Anyone asking 720 for the first half up to Gorefiend is bad and is looking for a carry.

Regardless, with a 795 ring and upgrades, 720 should be easy to get. Just do heroic and mythic 5 mans every week.
    The one year anniversary for mythic HFC has passed. It is not only acceptable for pugs (and guilds) to ask for 720 for entry mythics, it is smart. Again, go ahead and pug M HFC only taking people 710-715 ilvl and let me know how it goes.

And at OP, you can hit 730 from Heroic with some luck and an upgraded legendary ring. 725 shouldn't be too hard.

Odd. I cleared heroic a while ago, and stopped raiding a month ago, never even stepping foot in mythic and I've 727 on my holy pally and 723 on my lock.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    This late into the expac 720 really is more suited to starting heroic rather then normal...
    Kidding me? Heroic only drops gear between 705-720...how can you have ilvl720 BEFORE Heroic version if the Heroic version only drops gear around that ilvl?

Deleted
    And noobist was advising the other guy to join a guild instead of pug.

Try to be on the same page as the guy you're claiming is giving bad advice before you yourself give bad advice.
    It's valid advice. Better to pug than to join a guild like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Kidding me? Heroic only drops gear between 705-720...how can you have ilvl720 BEFORE Heroic version if the Heroic version only drops gear around that ilvl?
    Mythic dungeons and valor.

It's valid advice. Better to pug than to join a guild like that.
    The type of guild was never specified though, and in addition the advice was toward a player having trouble getting to 720 ilvl who doesn't have his legendary ring yet. A more casual guild that is still progressing is probably a much better option than trying to apply to a random 13/13 guild that cleared the content months ago to begin with.

@Zeneth: Your best bet is to focus on valor upgrading the gear you already have if you haven't already, and finishing your ring. Finding a guild in general is sound advice, but don't just hop into any random guild and then bail. Solid guilds can sniff out guild hoppers easily, so finding a solid home and staying there is a good way to work your way up. Find a guild that has times that work for you and that is doing the content you want, and then run trial runs with them to establish a connection with some members and see if it fits for you.